Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

Entered.

retrorick

Hopefully I’ll be back next week.

haloric
    Free Member

I’m In, will change tag later – am ZRL’ing tonight.

The data mangling involved in ZRL is mind blowing, and I’m almost a data scientist.

The wrangling of riders into one coral would put an australian cattle dog through its paces, add a few time zones into the mix and it’s got all the hall marks of failure to launch, my team captain is GMT-4.

robbo1234biking

That’s at least 5/6 per team then with a couple of spaces left.

@tpbiker
    , @twisty, @savoyad – any of you tempted to join in this week?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yeah I’ll give it a go. Need motivation to put in an effort nowadays

haloric
    Free Member

Can I reserve one space in whatever team I end up in ?

I’ve bullied a friend (Martin) into it, he just needs to get his category back (he’s a C) as he hasn’t raced since July, so he’s going to do a few short races to see if it comes back on ZP.

https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=995878

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

so he’s going to do a few short races to see if it comes back on ZP.

I think so long as he has a ZP profile it’s all good.

savoyad

@savoyad … tempted to join in this week?

I’m always tempted. Can’t make it work at the moment though.

I think so long as he has a ZP profile it’s all good.

Yep. You don’t need a category to start – if you do have one, it is used when the results system determines the team category but if you don’t it just uses your ride that day to assign you a notional category. We’ve figured this out through experimentation..
    So, from that perspective, Martin can ride without re-establishing his zwiftpower category. Obviously, he might prefer to “see if it comes back” in another sense rather than doing the TTT as his first zwift ride in months though! Either way, he’s welcome and if he’s there on the list of course can ride in the same blob.

12 signed up now, 13 with Martin, which is ample to secure two teams but also leaves space for anyone else who’d like to join in. Sign up to category A here: https://zwift.com/events/view/1123143

haloric
    Free Member

Ok great, thanks.

He is doing a couple of races anyway, he does a lot of zwift FTP training, rather than races, so should be pretty fit.

Looking at his stats he is basically the same as me as far as I can see.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have entered

weeksy

I got to bail fellas. Mrs Weeksy needs ferrying about on Thurs

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’ll put my name down guys, you might have to talk me through how it all works though.

I’m high end Cat C or very low end Cat B if that helps.

haloric
    Free Member

Martin has regained his category designation, so all good there now anyway.

Whats the team setup / tags, ta.

@giggsmaster
    – high C/low B helps a lot tvm. You are on point.

An adult will be along soon with detailed information, and explain it more clearly, for the moment you need to have a discord account, have joined the event, and changed your ZP tag to match your allocated team (to be announced). Once you are in the start pen, and the race is about to start, do NOT pedal until our start time (otherwise you will roll through the start line before the allocated time).

https://wtrl.racing/ttt/TTT-Rules-and-Info.php

Over exuberant video : https://vimeo.com/240902157

robbo1234biking

So what are the teams for tonight then?

I have 13 on the app including me and I think there is halorics mate and giggsmaster who I cant see as signing up?

mossimus
    Free Member

Any places left, normally ride for a team at 6:15 but cannot make it that early tongiht?

haloric
    Free Member

> I have 13 on the app including me and I think there is halorics mate and giggsmaster who I cant see as signing up?

Martin is signed up, currently has the tag (Revolvers), just waiting for the team name, assuming MoreSTW, and tried to get his Discord working last night, should be ok by start time.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking

Which event do I join up to?

haloric
    Free Member

From @savoyad ‘s post earlier:

robbo1234biking

@mossimus yes there is one space left. Not sure what the team name is yet but sign up on the link above to reserve your place

savoyad

Yes, I make it that @giggsmaster and @mossimus will make 16 (13 on the app + Martin who I can see on WTRL + those 2).

Use @haloric’s link to sign up.

I’ll suggest two teams, with tags and start times shortly.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

@savoyad @robbo1234biking @haloric

Just signed up 👍🏼

haloric
    Free Member

Something I discovered this week:

If you go an event in ZP – say this evenings venture:
    https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1123143

In the top right menu bar is ‘Settings’. This will allow you to change your team designator and your name and tag for *that event only*, so you don’t have to change back for another event (say ZRL..).

savoyad

OK, here we go…

TEAM ONE, STW, is @tpbiker, @dangeourbrain, @phil56, @mossimus, @paino, @yanboss, @zilog6128, @robbo1234biking
    Start delay is 3 minutes. So in the start pen by 19:40, GO GO GO at 19:43:00
    Rider name tag is (STW). @dangeourbrain and @robbo1234biking you need to update your tags.
    Use Discord voice channel TTT (STW) on the STW server.

TEAM TWO, MoreSTW, is @w00dster, @scaredypants, Martin, @haloric, @oopnorth, @ljarch, @ivandobski, @giggsmaster
    Start delay is 5 minutes. So in the start pen by 19:40 and GO GO Go at
    19:45:00
    Rider name tag is (MoreSTW). @w00dster, @scaredypants, Martin, @haloric, @giggsmaster you need to update your tags.
    Use discord channel TTT (MoreSTW) on the STW server.

Discord invite if necessary https://discord.gg/mJBVYW

@giggsmaster
    – do you have a zwiftpower profile? The rider name tag needs to be done there, not on zwift itself. If that’s new to you, say so and instructions will appear here…

scaredypants

Sorry Savoyad, everyone
    I think I’m likely to bail, either totally or during the ride. Have ducked my back carrying stuff yesterday and not sure I can ride.
    I will change my tag and hope to start but please DO NOT wait for me if I fall back

☹️

oopnorth
    Free Member

Hopefully I don’t have connection issues this week, also Discord was really playing up for me, so if it goes down again I will have to revert to old school messaging.

Who is doing shouting “GO GO GO” for the MoreSTW team this week? I’ll not volunteer due to the issues above.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

@savoyad

Yep, got ZP profile, just changed name tag.

Do we have a certain racing top to wear or does one get automatically allocated?

mossimus
    Free Member

Something I discovered this week:

If you go an event in ZP – say this evenings venture:
    https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1123143

In the top right menu bar is ‘Settings’. This will allow you to change your team designator and your name and tag for *that event only*, so you don’t have to change back for another event (say ZRL..).

Fabulous tip, thanks.

savoyad

Do we have a certain racing top to wear

Bumblebee

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Done

robbo1234biking

Mine is sorted as well now. Thanks for organising @savoyad

Looking forward to it (it some weird kind of way!)

zilog6128

does that change the name in Zwift itself I.e. on the “nearby riders” table on the right of the screen? Awesome if so. They just need to do the same for bikes now so I can select the TT for an event but then avoid forgetting to change back for the next normal race!!

haloric
    Free Member

> does that change the name in Zwift itself I.e. on the “nearby riders” table on the right of the screen?

Nope, nothing you change in ZP affects the Zwift display. Changing your ZP tag in your profile also does not change it in Zwift. Only what you change in your Zwift profile in Zwift affects the Zwift display (afaik).

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m currently 50/50 for tonight, work is playing its usual role in holding me back in the office (the trouble with working with a USA market!).
    It’s going to be tight, so I’ll see you on the start line hopefully…if not…then sorry!

w00dster

What’s the course tonight? Best bike etc? Not been on line much this week so not up to speed with this weeks event.
    Name changed in Zwift and Zwiftpower.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry all, I’m going to have to cry off this evening. Something has come up and I’m needing to be elsewhere.

haloric
    Free Member

Watopia Flat – 3 laps.

Your most aero bike I’m guessing.

https://zwiftinsider.com/wtrl-ttt-78/

scaredypants

sorry everyone – back is buggered; not able to join

giggsmaster
    Free Member

So, who is the road captain in team two?

haloric
    Free Member

i think we are an autonomous collective

i vote for King Woodster, king in the norf !, or wherever he is, on account of having most spare watts.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Not me, I’ve headphones but no mic!

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.