Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Wyre Forest chilled ride 2nd Jan
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Wondering if any locals are around to show us round – not looking for anything too hectic as one of us is a beginner on a new bike but looking to find some nice bits of Wyre to establish some good spots to ride.

Anyone up for it?

Someone did say they would be happy to do so but that was on the “other” forum.

singlespeedstu

Try asking Mick Arms.

I could show you round but won’t be here on the 2nd.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Thanks Stu. You from up that part of the world? as you seem to be out with Sheldon in my part of the world a reasonable amount 🙂

singlespeedstu

I like to get about a bit. 😆

z1ppy

BW where you m8 based, if you posting about stourbridge? (other thread obv)

Wyre is very good but maybe not the best to take a complete newbie – lots of good riding to be had in the stourbridge area… which might encourage them a bit more than the forest.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

KoN-Stu – You do don’t you…

I’m based in Cheltenham but my mate lives in Stourbridge and has just got a MTB after I took him up to Cannock.

He’s keen to find some local stuff to ride from Stourbridge – Wyre forest had been recommended – but if you can suggest some other stuff let me know as it all helps and happy to try some stuff outside of the Wyre for the 2nd when I go up and ride with him.

If you have any routes (Memory map or Tracklogs especially) let me know.

singlespeedstu

You might want to tell him to get in touch with Stourbridge CC.

They do local off road rides for beginners every saturday AM and are a friendly bunch.

rOcKeTdOg

working that day 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

done you a link to routes on MTBbritain, hope it helps

mboy
    Free Member

How “chilled” is chilled? I fancy learning some routes round Wyre, but am totally unfit right now, wouldn’t want to hold anybody up.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Nice one Rocketdog…

I’m not that fit and my mate is new to exercise you could say so the pace will be quite laid back. More about fun that pain…

rOcKeTdOg

i might be there myself on saturday

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Rocketdog – Still no joy – don’t know what is happening – just get the location but no route.

z1ppy

hmmm put me down as a ‘maybe’ to lead, unless some-one better qualified (fit and likes the wyre for a start) wants to do it.
    Still suggesting stourbridge but would do the forest.

mail me mrpaullyons at yahoo dot com

MicArms

I would be up for it, but up to Doncaster that day. What about Clent?

lunge

If your near Stourbridge surely Clent and/or Kinver are the way forward?

z1ppy

been discussed off-forum – it’s to be stourbridge/kinver maybe not the Wyre.

Clent is as bad a the Wyre for being just big **** off hills, not newbie friendly IMO…
    That and I need to go on one of Micks clent rides to get the best out of the place as I only tend to ride a very basic route through there.

singlespeedstu

Looks like i might be around afterall.

If you’re doing a Kinver ride let me know and I’ll have a bimble along with you.

rOcKeTdOg

i’d say the hill(s) at Clent are a lot steeper/longer than at the wyre, i struggle up all of them though so it’s all the same to me

mboy
    Free Member

Just been for a ride round Wyre today. Got to say was chuffed that for the mostpart the trails have held together very well, and were pretty dry. And the bits that were muddy weren’t too bad either.

Is this ride happening on Friday then? Cos I fancy coming along. But I’ll need to know where/when etc. I only know how to get to the main carpark at the visitor centre in Wyre Forest, so if it’s not there I’d need directions.

Whoever’s organising, can I get your email address please! Cheers

rOcKeTdOg

the best bits are the opposite side of the forest at the kinlet bit (not the ‘mountainbike area’ as the signs say)side

Bushwacked
    Free Member

OK, I am “sort of” organising this in that I am looking for someone to show us round either Stourbridge, Wyre or Clent on the 2nd for a chilled ride. Really not sure where will be best but welcome to agree on general concensus.

my email is barnt at hotmail dot com

Looking to start riding at 10.30am ride for 1-2hours at a sociable chilled pace. I suppose if some want a longer ride then we could peel off early and let others cane themselves.

Not sure where to meet as it depends where we ride.

Who’s in????

rOcKeTdOg

working 🙁

singlespeedstu

If I’m about I can guide you on a ride starting from Stourbridge.

If not I’m sure zippy could also do the same for you.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Stu – I know Z1ppy mentioned starting from Stourbridge – so sounds like that works for us all.

When will you know if you are going to be around?

singlespeedstu

Should know by Thursday night.

You’d be in safe hands with zippy though if not.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Nice -thanks…

z1ppy

oh dear such undeserved faith… I’ll get a mail sorted out in a mo.

z1ppy

oh and to clear this up, I’m looking at a ride from stourbridge into the surrounding area, nothing to drastic pace wise or distance.

z1ppy

sss, what you current email addy? or drop me a mail to mrpaullyons at gmail dot com

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Z1ppy – YGM

IHN

I might come too.

Barney – I’ll give you a bell

Bushwacked
    Free Member

IHN – No probs coming along, thinking of leaving here about 8-8.30am so can pick you up on the way. Need to set Andy’s bike up but should only take 10mins.

Thanks for the offer of a bell but I dont use them as I prefer to warn walkers of my presence by saying a cheery “Hello there fellow trail user”!! Bah dum dum tssh!!! 😀

rOcKeTdOg

better but yer thermals on brrrr -4 there this morning

singlespeedstu

Zippy.

Just mailed you my addy mate.

trailmonkey

I might be in the market for a pottle around Kniver/Clent/other as I’m back in Brum for a few days. Any chance of jumping in ? I’ll have access to a computer but no email, so I can only follow arrangements on here.

z1ppy

no problem TM all are welcome, still finialising the details, gunna be a pottle round stourbridge area, distance dependant on on BW’s newbie m8
    (no pressure on him, just not going to try to kill him either).

Meeting around 10.15-30 somewhere in stourbridge (to be finialised)

trailmonkey

Cheers, I’ll keep an eye on here for final details 😀

singlespeedstu

TM.

If you want a bit more strenouse ride we can do a bit more when the slower ride’s over.

trailmonkey

OK, sounds like a plan. I’m off to Llandegla the day after so I’ll have to check to see what length of pass I’ve been allowed for Friday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Wyre Forest chilled ride 2nd Jan’ is closed to new replies.