Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Would you give IDS a kicking?
  • El-bent
    Free Member

the state should be owning high street and investment banks?

They only “own” them because of the utter balls up they made previously which the Government of the time chose to bail them out. Personally, I would have let a few go to the wall.

The high street and investment arms should be separated, undoing the damage done under Thatchers reign, there should be more banks to increase choice, and no the “state” should not sell them until they can fetch a good price. No fire sales.

camo16
    Free Member

Despite being late to this thread, I say yes. I’d give IDS a proper thrashing… But he’d have to wait until I got through with Hague, Dave and Cleggie.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Quote from the guardian website about IDS “he could ***k up a w**k” 😆

yunki
    Free Member

I reckon I would start off with a good robust fisting before I stuck the boot in..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am still puzzled by this thread. Folk who would not normally condone violence seem very happy to encourage physical and sexual (if fisting is taken in that respect 😉 ) abuse on a democratically elected member of Parliament. So what EXACTLY is the justification for such extreme measures? Is it

He is an MP?
    He is a Tory?
    He was a largely unsuccessful leader of the Tories?
    He has taken on the poison chalice of welfare reform (no surprise then that FField also seems to attract abuse and exclusion)?
    He believes in the importance of work in helping people better than benefits?
    He has (like those before and most likely after him) screwed up the execution of his strategy – although funny to read who is most to blame: IDS (New Statesman) or the civil service (Torygraph)?
    His name is Ian?
    It would be better if his initials spelt Sid?
    He went to a Faith School?
    Like GO, he didn’t go to Eton?

And then there is the Tory policy stuff? Ok, let’s leave aside the (valid) question of whether current economic policy is in any way exclusive to the Tories and lets assume that since they are implementing them, they have to be held utlimately responsible for the results. So what do we have? Well despite the fact that we remain at all levels a debt-ridden society, that the policy mix of a negative (from a growth perspective) tight fiscal policy counterbalanced by a very loose monetary policy seems odd when the main transmission mechanism (banks) is still broken, that our main trading partners remain in political and economic distress, that international bodies who are creating economic havoc elsewhere a calling for changes in policy…

…the UK economy continues to surprise on the upside even to the extent of making the new governor of the BoE look a little silly in his first few months. So even construction and manufacturing is doing better than expected, ditto capital investment, employment, car sales, house sales…to the extent that the OECD is predicting 3% growth for the UK!! Can this be true?

Blimey perhaps these folk are not that stupid after all? Should we be giving them responsibility and credit for this in the same way some/we criticised them when statistical noise suggested that things were not going so well?

Or may be this latest upturn is largely another mirage of consumption exceeding income?!? Still the Tory joker in the pack (the uk economy) looks increasing like a trump card re the next elections albeit still a 6/7 rather than ace, king queen.

yunki
    Free Member

I consider it every citizen’s civic duty to inflict comedy violence upon any unashamed Tory party member, and perhaps even more so on their sympathisers and apologists..

binners

THM – personally I think, with this present shower, its the absolutely breathtaking arrogance, and monstrous sense of born-to-rule (despite having no electoral mandate) entitlement, that makes a lot of people want to reach for the bombers

RightWing
    Free Member

No I wouldn’t. Anything that can be done to stop the underclass getting MY tax money gets my full support.

piemonster

Well, there’s a second account if ever I’ve seen one.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well Cameon, like Blair before him, is learning that Presidential styles can be your undoing. And that is a good thing IMO. To its credit Parlimament reflected the population with respect to Syria and gave him a shock. Tme will tell if he learns the lesson.

I am not sure that IDS is arrogant and least not in a relative sense. But he has screwed the implementation up.

The mandate question is an interesting one. Ok, no party has a mandate in the sense of a majority, but they still have to rule, sorry 😳 , exercise their responsibility. They can’t just do nothing.

yunki
    Free Member

I think what we all need to remember at times like this, is that no one likes a tory

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not even their mothers?

yunki
    Free Member

I really wouldn’t have thought so.. Eurgh

binners

Agreed THM. The look on Dave’s face when he lost the vote he arrogantly (it’s that word again) assumed was in the bag, betrayed a man who has spent his entire life getting everything he wants! Priceless! 🙂

IDS is very arrogant though. In the same way as Gove is. They have their idealogical agendas, and ‘gut instincts’ and simply ignore all evidence or advice to the contrary, or defame those who dare to challenge their evangelical free market fervour. Which I suspect will ultimately be their undoing

anagallis_arvensis

I’d give Milliband a kicking in the hope it might make him man up and oppose the Tories.

footflaps

In response to the OP, yes with great pleasure.

The lengths IDS will go to to justify his stupidity is quite disgraceful.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/06/recovery-election-question-living-standards

big_n_daft
    Free Member

yunki – Member

I consider it every citizen’s civic duty to inflict comedy violence upon any unashamed Tory party member, and perhaps even more so on their sympathisers and apologists..

you are obviously not civic minded then or have you done more than post on the interweb? 😉

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Agreed THM. The look on Dave’s face when he lost the vote he arrogantly (it’s that word again) assumed was in the bag, betrayed a man who has spent his entire life getting everything he wants! Priceless!

or, he played it really well. Any inaction in the face of an escalation in violence in Syria can be blamed on Miliband. He does not have the costs nor the risks of a military action but can claim he would support one if one occurs. Any deaths as a result of a military action aren’t his fault either.

But he has screwed the implementation up.

or it was the civil service cocking it up, some interesting committee sessions this week

thejesmonddingo

I think giving him a kicking is a stupid idea.How long does it take to clean shit off your shoes at the best of times,never mind when they’re as sticky as IDS.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Would you give IDS a kicking?’ is closed to new replies.