Viewing 40 posts - 4,001 through 4,040 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • duckman

Curse you pigface!

Posted yesterday, the secret behind Glasgow’s success

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21989628

tinybits
    Free Member

Declan Kidney fired – what odds on Hairyquims needing a new coach next season?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

As long as we get someone who can bring a level of professionalism to the role, an ability to deal with the blazers in D4 and doesn’t have a provincial bias then I’ll be happy. If I had my choice Jake White would be good.

duckman

On another note; why are Irish players getting tax breaks for chasing an egg when the “Celtic Tiger” economy has been skinned and hung on a wall? Curious about what the status they have is,but too lazy to google it.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ducky this explains it better than I can

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/heineken-cup/cup-that-cheers-makes-irish-situation-the-envy-of-europe-26796115.html

Not sure where Ulster players fit into this though,

duckman

Thats a good article, some bugger with space hopper sized balls has obviously gone to the Government and explained to them why they should allow this, 40% tax on a 400k euro salary x 9 is a nice wee nest egg,no wonder they all stay home.

wrecker
    Free Member

Unless I’m mistaken, you haven’t beaten them yet. Unless I’ve missed something (again).

Pigface
    Free Member

No trip to Dublin for the Shedheads.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

@wrecker, not yet. 6.30 on Sat but it made me chuckle!

Enjoyed the Glaws game, thought Yachvilli was outstanding.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Heine Cup back this weekend, I can’t see past 4 home wins on current form.

Clermont v Montpelier 15:40 Sat
    Saracens v Ulster 18:30 Sat
    Harlequins v Munster 14:00 Sun
    Toulon v Leicester 17:30 Sun

wrecker
    Free Member

Lol blindmelon.
    Anyone else hear howling????

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I suppose I deserved that! Very disappointed with the performance, we were simply not accurate enough to beat a defence like Sarries. The scoreline flattered them a little as the first score should never have come from the line out which was an Ulster throw. The best team won however.

The only positive was the return of Tommy Bowe who looked sharp considering he’s been out 4 months. Off to find a wolf hunter!

Tom-B
    Free Member

My ex landlord (top bloke) was at the game as an Ulster fan-took a hammering did they? Trots off to Facebook to start the abuse 🙂

Meh just checked the score, I was presuming worse-Ulsters form has really gone to shit in the last couple of months!

ElVino

Didn’t see that Munster performance coming? Even as a Munster fan. Clermont away in semis looks like a bridge too far though. Some seriously poor performances by Quins England players in front of Lions coach.

boxfish
    Free Member

Top kicking performance from Le Jonny Weelkeensonne this evening.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well done Munster indeed!! How did POC play?

anagallis_arvensis

What is this “Hennekin Cup” your talking about? Cant be very good if it has no welsh teams in it.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Thought you were quiet AA!

ElVino

POC was man of the match, Gatland was at the game so good timing.

surfer
    Free Member

Powell off to Wigan RL at the end of the season.

anagallis_arvensis

Mongo think simple game good for simple people.
    Would it be harsh to suggest the average IQ of both sports would increase?

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

Mongo smash Mongo smash Mongo smash

Tom-B
    Free Member

Gutted, one of my very favourite players. One a the few decent players at Sale this year, he is inconsistent though. Maybe standing in a straight line, then running in a straight line will suit him better? Shoe in for the Welsh RL team I’d guess!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Hmm doesn’t seem like it’s a done deal. Wigan denying knowledge and a month back Mongo was saying that he wanted a new Sale contract.

IdleJon

Sunday, 2 games of Heineken rugby to watch after the Paris-Roubaix! Wooohoooo!

Checks teams – Munster, Quins, Leicester, Toulon. 4 teams I actively dislike. (Not sure why, but I’m being honest. And I really can’t stand Munster. :()

So a very conflicted Welshman ended supporting Quins and Leicester but being vaguely pleased when Toulon won. And sulked about Munster.

Why is rugby so confusing?

anagallis_arvensis

anagallis_arvensis

Tom-B
    Free Member

Oof he is a bit feather weight is Mike! Have we found out for certain if Mongo will be playing amongst a more level playing field IQ wise next year yet?

anagallis_arvensis
    wrecker
    Free Member

Heading back over the bridge is he? 😀
    Edited for smiley

anagallis_arvensis

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/22086537

more bad news for welsh rugby.

Pigface
    Free Member

Don’t know why you think it is so bad. Gives youth a chance to come through and play with the big beasts gone. That increases the strength in depth. Yes they wont be released to play in the Autmn internationals but meh they don’t really mean anything.

anagallis_arvensis

As AW Jones said yesterday you learn not only through the experience of playing but also through playing and training alongside experienced pro’s. He got to see and play with the likes of Marshal or Collins etc. None of the welsh regions will be competitive in europe and the game is dying on its arse in Wales, no one wants to go to games to see youth being “developed” by having the shit kicked out of them on a weekly basis. The WRU are killing the game, pro rugby in wales will be dead in five years if nothing changes.

Pigface
    Free Member

I am glad you put the blame on the WRU because I blame them as well. Don’t share your sense of pessimism though.

anagallis_arvensis

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-star-alun-wyn-jones-2575587

and reading that again I was suprised to see he’s only 26 😆 can only improve!

Pigface
    Free Member

Sale scoring for fun tonight, Scarlets beating up Glasgow as well.

Scamper
    Free Member

Not looking good, could be (yet another) loosing bonus point, then back home next week for a top 6 clincher against Sorries.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

You were saying Scamper? 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

SAYULL!!!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 4,001 through 4,040 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.