Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • IdleJon

BlindMelon – Member

Just a pity Tommy Bowe isn’t fit!! still playing for the Ospreys!!

FIFY as they say! 😉

anagallis_arvensis

One of Hensons former teams v McVissers Jocks on bbc red button. Half time 9:8 to blues. Good try by McVisser, i reckon he will make the Lions squad. Blues would be 200 nill up by now if they hadnt sacked the man god for throwing ice cubes. Blues midfield is awful.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Not sure Vissers defence is good enough for a Lions call. He can run the tries in though!

Blues will beat Edinburgh tonight. (sadly)

anagallis_arvensis

Cant say I have looked at his defence much. Seems a much better all round player than Ashton or Cuthbert for example.

anagallis_arvensis

Tom James is Forest Gump!

tiggs121
    Free Member

As ever players Lions prospects are often determined the fortune of the country they play for. I’ve no doubt if we have a good 6 Nations and Visser gets a few tries then he’ll have agreat chance of going.
    If Wales do well then with a Welsh coach you’d expect a few Welshmen in the Lions squad. Cuthbert could well one them.

Ashton, if stops acting like a D**K will also make the squad.

Edinburgh have a wee chance here!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ooh the Embra 1 will be chuffed! I only caught the last 15 minutes of the game-have Cardiff been made aware of the fact that the ball needs to be passed backwards? 😯

tiggs121
    Free Member

Aye – a few forward passes towards the end. Refs don’t seem that bothered about them any more.

I reckon Cuthbert just outshone Visser tonight. Both have poor defence which needs to improve to make the Lions.

anagallis_arvensis

Cuthbert is too much on a donkey. I reckon Lions will go with three wingers North is nailed on unless he has drastic loss of form, 1/2p may go as a fullback. Ashton, McVisser and Bowe in with a shout too. Having said that Cuthbert was good tonight I just cringe everytime the ball is kick in behind him.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Warburton as captain?

anagallis_arvensis

To be honest I think Tipuric has looked the better player for a while. I’d make Adam Jones captain just for the interviews!!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

I really can’t see Ashton going-he really is just too much of a knobber. He did look good in the highlights of last weekends game though when he wasn’t in the bin.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Hope Ashton doesn’t go and Gatland takes a hard line with some of the prima donnas who will think they’re already on the plane.

What price Cipriani gets a call?

anagallis_arvensis

What price Cipriani gets a call?

i’ll give you 80 to one

tiggs121
    Free Member

Aye – that seems about right. I was just thinking of rugby playing idiots and his name came to mind!

Decent player wasted.

anagallis_arvensis

Henson is an idiot with a bigger chance, Gatland loves him, although I’d still give you 50 to 1.

Cipriani is still young though and lets not forget he looked pretty good until that horrific leg break.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Anywhere other than S4C showing Ospreys v Ulster?

anagallis_arvensis

Wouldnt have thought so.

Shandy
    Free Member

BBC Website streams Ulster games or English commentary is on the red button on s4c

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well 2 from 2 for Ulster, very pleased with that considering we are still not back to full strength. I thought both sides were poor in the first half but the Ospreys took the gift we gave them. Ulster pack were very poor first half until we bulked it up a bit. Ulster much better in second half and probably just about deserved the win, the try was very well worked.

Big home game next week against Munster would be great to be 3 from 3 after that one. Ain’t that right DD?

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys would have one if Henson still played for them!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Would they?? He would be too busy throwing ice cubes at children or something.

anagallis_arvensis

Hopefully Saracens and Toulon will lose today and I can keep this up!

anagallis_arvensis

I’ll give 30 : 1 against Wilkinson too despite the headlines.

tiggs121
    Free Member

No chance of Wilko going as a player. Farrell would be my choice for 10.

All round solid player.

anagallis_arvensis

Solid allround player who has done very little in international rugby and is not first choice for his club. Sexton is most likely at the moment imo

wrecker
    Free Member

Actually, sexton is the only choice. Farrell and priestland are just not good enough.

anagallis_arvensis

If Priestland comes back into form he may well tour but he is pretty flakey, would mean picking 1/2p to kick goals too. I could still see James Hook coming to the fore again if he continues to impress at 10 for Perp. 9, 10 and 12 are real problem positions for the Lions. There are a number of big ball carrying centres available like Roberts, Tuilagi and Davis, but the only creativity comes from a 500 year old BOD and I’m not sure his body is up to the job. At 9 we have Phillips and very little else.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually, sexton is the only choice. Farrell and priestland are just not good enough.

That’s truly depressing. Because it’s true. 🙁

Hook at 10? Would be lovely to see if he can come to form.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys should of won if they didn’t turn over so much ball 😡 going to be a long season at this rate.

Exeter are a gutsy team.

How did Dwarfs Sale do? 😉

tiggs121
    Free Member

So nobody rates Greg Laidlaw?

Maybe a bit light but he is a very astute player.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

tiggs121 – Member
    So nobody rates Greg Laidlaw?

I’m sure someone rates him, but he’s not here right now. 🙁

*Raises glass to the Embra One! Cheers, TJ*

😉

transapp
    Free Member

If Floods kicking doesn’t get screwed up by England coaches again this season, he’ll be going. He’s the best attacking fly half England.
    Oe thing that everybody forgets about young Farrell, he couldn’t nail down the fly half spot for any of the England age group teams. He’s nowhere near as good as Ford (another Leicester player) who will be the next big (in a small body) thing.

wrecker
    Free Member

Laidlaw and care are perfectly capable 9s. Plenty of options there.
    12 and 13 is where the lions could lack potency. Eng have nothing to add (yet) other than tuilagi. Roberts hasn’t stood out for Wales for some time and BOD isn’t getting any younger. Loads of wings and full backs.
    Priestland will go (prob Farrell too), but they’re still not good enough. Fords bulked up a bit this year I thought?

Hasn’t the sale 10 ever been in the running for Wales? Top scorer in the prem last season and has looked good every time I’ve seen him play.

anagallis_arvensis

Good point about Flood I forgot about him.

anagallis_arvensis

Laidlaw and care are perfectly capable 9s. Plenty of options there.

Not sure if they fit the Gatlandball game plan and they dont call him Cementhead on gwlad for nothing!
    Roberts hasnt stood out for Wales? Really? He is an excellent player when not playing on one leg which he was for sometime last season.

wrecker
    Free Member

Roberts is an excellent player, I agree. He’s not been his own measure of excellent in recents times (for Wales) I don’t think. Maybe it’s down to injury.
    I see that the BBC are reporting that JW is in contention. He’s been doing well for Toulon. More likely that gats is trying to wind the French up though 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Gethin wont be released apparently so doubt St Johnny would be. Think its Gats on a wind up.

loum
    Free Member

Connor Murray is the closest in style to Phillips, and has beaten the Aussies in the southern Hemisphere already. Not as much as a @*@* to play against yet, but good defence. Did a good job on Genia in the WC, and that’s half the job with beating them. I’d reckon he’ll be on tour as one of the back up 9’s. Phillips has got to be first choice though, the oz hate playing him.
    “12 and 13 is where the lions could lack potency”
    jonathon davies is a cracking player, so imo, we’ve got at least 2 top 13’s. Agree that 12 is a worry if Roberts is injured though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Phillips has got to be first choice though, the oz hate playing him.

He certainly does get up their collective noses, doesn’t he?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.