Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

You know, before kick off i thought we were going to get a humping.
    after the first ten minutes i dared to dream…

Scamper
    Free Member

Only bloody Glaws could make Stockport look good :-}

No fight or intensity apparently and Shedwed are not happy. Hoped it would never come to this but thought Glaws could well loose 3 or 4 out of their last four and drop out of the top six, to the carrot crunchers of all people. Need some results to go our way tomorrow.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sale fans singing “always look on the bright side of life” in the background 🙂

daft thing is, if we had played like that from the off we would have been a top six team at the end of the season. Glos never spent one single second in the Sale 22 in the second half.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well, if things continue to go our way at least we will be able to say we stayed up on our own merits.

Next season in a pub Scamper? ( we don’t don’t play in Stockport any more)

Scamper
    Free Member

Yer, I know where you play – still funny though (to me anyway) 😀

On reflection could have a top 6 with a loosing bonus point or two. Barth have to play the top 3, and Pests and Carrot Crunchers will take points out of each other, with the former also away to Tigers. Just hope it does not come down to Exeter v Glaws as a top 6 shoot out on the final day as i think i’m going down to that one.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

At least it will add tension to the day out!
    we are off to the Sale/Pests game, if they play like tonight I’ll be ecstatic 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

Looking forward to the Tigers v Wasps game on Sunday, seems like forever since there was a home game at Welford road.

No change in squad after Toulon game, just Ayerza out after breaking his collar bone

duckman

Worst performance of the season by Glasgow. Hell, I might start a chorus of “Are you Edinburgh in disguise?”

What was the call in the spitting incident? (been away)

surfer
    Free Member

if we had played like that from the off we would have been a top six team at the end of the season. Glos never spent one single second in the Sale 22 in the second half.

Gloucester could have gone 3rd!! It was a hammering in every area. I am hoarse this morning 😕

anagallis_arvensis

The spittinf frenchie got fourteen weeks I think.

duckman

What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be feeding the rugby troll over on the STW argue thread?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep fourteen weeks for the spitty number 9.

Excellent result for Sale……there’s rumblings of me getting a season ticket for next season 😕

wrecker
    Free Member

Enjoying the b*** vs quins game on espn, but my word healey is a penis isn’t he?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Shouldn’t you be training for your scrap with Fred!

anagallis_arvensis

What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be feeding the rugby troll over on the STW argue thread?

me? 😆

anagallis_arvensis

my word healey is a penis isn’t he?

indeed, he takes twattishness to a new level

Tom-B
    Free Member

Any chance to slag off an Englishman eh a_a 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Ooops

anagallis_arvensis

indeed!! TBF I just dont like Healey. Will Carling does the english rugby fan shtick much better than Healey ever could.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I agree mate…Healey is such a bellend!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Shouldn’t you be training for your scrap with Fred!

I think that’s aimed at me. I don’t think I’ll be needing any extra training for Fred.
    Danny Care was fantastic today.

duckman

I think that’s aimed at me. I don’t think I’ll be needing any extra training for Fred.

See, you are saying that…however when you come back to your sleeping bag and there is a dirty protest in it… 😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

😆

If only Danny Care could repeatedly show his Quinns form for England-one of my very favourite players.

anagallis_arvensis

Care was awful at times in the six nations but he us very talented.

not sure what to make of this. At best its very, very reckless at worst a very long time on the naughty srep.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GhyiAR8SI[/video]

boxfish
    Free Member

Have watched that incident a few times now. Dangerous play, regardless of intention.

wrecker
    Free Member

A_a is correct, he was terrible during the 6n. Weirdly I was reflecting that he’d not had a poor game for England beforehand……… 😳
    As for the video, I can’t imagine any defence for that. The reverse angle is pretty condemning.

Macavity
    Free Member

Graeme Obree and the Melrose Sevens
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rwz48

duckman

As said, dangerous play, there has always been a wee bit of that in him. I would be surprised if much came of it.

Pigface
    Free Member

I think his foot got the ball his shin got the head, the blue 14 was milking the collision he caused.
    He collected John Thomas once which was cynical this was just clumsy IMO

anagallis_arvensis

Even if just clumsy he should recieve a ban imo. People get banned for mistiming tackles this is no different imo. What the winger was doing or not doing entirely irrelavant to what POC did. It was reckless use of the boot.

anagallis_arvensis

London Welsh gone then 😥 and lost their main backer 😥 😥

Eye eye

duckman

The black player has him in a headlock,the green guy’s fingers are always in sight, more to the point,why were two forwards watching the black player manhandle their team-mate?

anagallis_arvensis

green players fingers were always in sight true, but seem to be in Ian Evans eyes for at least part of the time. Apart from the head lock we cant really see what Evans is doing with his other hand which looks to be near the eyes of the green player.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The kick to the head is disgraceful IMO. The bloke is presenting the ball with both hands stretched, so is completely prone.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

From Irish Times:

O’Connell made contact with Kearney’s head while kicking the ball during the second half of the match in Limerick, but after reviewing video footage of the incident the citing commissioner, Eddie Walsh, decided the second row does not have a case to answer.

It was felt that although O’Connell’s shin came into contact with Kearney’s head, the player was making a genuine attempt to get the ball and there was no deliberate intent to kick the Leinster winger.

I agree it wasn’t deliberate but I did think he might have been cited for dangerous play

duckman

Even if he had he would have been gien a warning (if he had the good sense to avoid the biscuits)so not much done really.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I hadn’t realised that Kearney was knocked unconscious as a result. Nasty

anagallis_arvensis

It was reckless and dangerous IMO and he should have been cited. He didnt kick him in the head intentionally but that defence doesnt wash with tackles that go wrong. Given his previous he would have been in hot water at the citing (unless he bought some delux choccy biscuits to share and didnt eat any himself).

colonelwax
    Free Member

Not looking great for London Welsh then (or me as I live near Oxford and have enjoyed going to the Kassam)

anagallis_arvensis

How long till the Lions squad is announced? We can start a whole need thread and really get some “debate” going 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.