Viewing 4 posts - 161 through 164 (of 164 total)
  • Who’s striking this / next week?
  • fossy

Looking at a similar situation where I work. Some Department’s just don’t have enough students to be viable at the number of staff. One is particularly Union orientated, but what this means long term is significant job losses, or closure of courses and more job losses.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

If the numbers in this article are accurate, ScotGov/Cosla are just about to make a massive misjudgement and further enrage the Education sector.

Click here.

I forsee an escalation with work-to-rule and cancellation of Easter Study classes etc.

These are kids we have invested a very difficult 4, 5 or 6 years in, and no-one wants to carry out this action. However, the 2022 pay claim was lodged in Feb 22, prior to the invasion of Ukraine and the CoL crisis. 10% wasn’t mooted to address current inflation – it was too address years of below-inflation pay settlements. The pussyfootingfrom the employers is incredible, and now they’ve like “Ooh! Don’t disrupt the exams!” They have has over a year to sort this. TBH if they’d offered 5% last Feb I think it would have been instantly accepted, but now, trenches have been dug…

The guys I work with are by no means militant, but judging by tonight’s messages, they are now raging.

MSP

and now they’ve like “Ooh! Don’t disrupt the exams!”

i am tired of “management” getting away with blaming  the workers for strikes when they hold at least equal responsibility, it is a narrative that should be pushed back against far more frequently.

matt_outandabout

TBH if they’d offered 5% last Feb I think it would have been instantly accepted, but now, trenches have been dug…

Mrs_oab has met her EIS union rep on Monday.

Although it’s up to the members to vote on a new offer, the EIS rep was saying that they are going to recommend a ‘no’, and basically anything short of 10% for last year and next year wouldn’t be recommended.

Viewing 4 posts - 161 through 164 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.