Home Forums Bike Forum Who’s been left with a bike they can’t sell? Who’s picked up a bargain?

• This topic has 82 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by Ben_H.
Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Who’s been left with a bike they can’t sell? Who’s picked up a bargain?
  • tthew

There was nothing less than £1,500 with discs.

They may have been advertised for that, but did you follow them for a while to see if they actually sold at that price? Some of the expensive DayOnes I referenced above have been on eBay for weeks and weeks.

roadworrier

Must be a geography thing.

And size!

There are bargains if you want a Small or XL (see here).

Massive Felt

Bargain Vitus but…

But near me in M/L there just were not / are not much in the way of COVID ‘bargains’.

There’s a decent Cube here (bit big in truth)

Cube Attain

And I have just found this which is very tempting but it’s 50 miles away.

Emonda

Sort of tempted…

Ben_H

I sell frames and parts fairly consistently over the years so get a good flavour of the market, and I find that everything sells so long as you are competitive on price and honest about condition.  I rarely sell full bikes unless the parts are less attractive sold separately.

If it looks like the market has moved downwards, my view is that it’s not coming back and so I take the hit straight away by going in with the lowest price.  I’m sure plenty of people have picked up a bargain this way but that’s because of the market rather than me.

Buying and selling again quickly is a surefire way of losing money, which applies to most commodities unless there’s a supply-demand mismatch.

But I also wanted to put in a word for long term ownership, like my two road bikes (2017 & 2019), where after many thousands of miles I am well past what I see as a breakeven point of utility.

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.