Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • timba
    Free Member

Thanks Danny, I enjoyed the day even though it was hot. Thanks for the tip about the fluids Andy, needed every drop, and a buff dipped in a stream makes a good cold shower too

I took my rubbish home with me, including my riding skills, and only left a few bits of skin and some blood behind

Recommended!

timba
    Free Member

For the record…

Strava 21.7 miles and 3020 feet elevation
    GPS 22 miles dead (I was) 2813 feet ascent

I prefer the Strava figures, it’s even more steep!

rascal
    Free Member

Great write up again Danny – nicely splattered diarrhoea though!
    Sounds like a brill ride – it’s got to be 10 years+ since I went over Cut Gate and had a pint in Langsett – would like to do again in the not-too-distant future.
    REALLY missing the biking at the mo – it’s the worst possible time of year to have a bloody leg injury 🙁
    Next physio is next Thurs so will see what I’m told then – obviously want to get back into it ASAP but don’t want to rush it and make it worse either. This is the longest period of my life sans-bike.
    I’ll see you when I see you!

asbrooks

Rascel – How’s the rehabilitation going? You mentioned that you are seeing the physio next week, but how does your leg feel to yourself? Is there any indication that it’s on the mend? Lets hope for a speedy recovery mate!

rascal
    Free Member

Andrew – much better on my pins than I have been thanks.
    Always seems a bit better straight after physio – massage and ultrasound.
    Still got a slight limp – think it might be having a knock-on on knee and deffo back – back been pretty bad last 4 days but not so bad today.
    Got round to fixing puncture today – first time bike been out of garage for 6 weeks!
    Felt confident enough to go round the block…fine on a downward slope…no power in left leg at all on anything more than flat. Based on how it felt I’d say it’ll still be a good while before I’m stomping up anything technical in anger which is bloody annoying now. I think the balmy summer evenings will be long gone before I get a chance to enjoy them.
    Got a DH day at Antur Stiniog booked end of Sept – that should be doable as no strenuous uphill effort but hoping to be back to my usual shit form by then 😉

asbrooks

Good to hear you’re on the mend Wanye! You’ll have to give the details of your physio, or if anyone knows a physio who can halp me! My back has given way again! Happened Sunday morning, just went into a spasm…
    Needless to say I’m well miffed off, I was hoping to get out on Wednesday. No chance of that happening now. 🙁

fathomer

I used Mark Geeson in Queniborough numerous times when I played football, 3-4 friends have also been to him, one of which was for his back.

I don’t know how his prices compare to others but he’s very good and always put me right. His website’s here.

scandal42
    Free Member

We’ve certainly got a few men down at the moment chaps.

Hope you all get back sooner rather than later.

was going to see what the consensus was on bashing out the ticknal loop this Wednesday, never better conditions for it.

Any takers or just the usual?

fathomer

I’m hoping to make it two weeks on the bounce and quite happy to head over to Ticknal. I’ve been over that way once before and remember a superb descent through, I think, Robin Hood Wood.

dannyh
    Free Member

Good idea about Ticknall although that extra few miles travelling time might count me out. Crazy week at work having not been there for a fortnight. What length (time) of ride would we be doing?

Best thing from my point of view is that one of you makes the decision today or tomorrow whether to do Ticknall or Whitwick. I can then try to fit in as best I can. If I can’t make Ticknall I can always nip out around here, so don’t worry about me for this week too much.

scandal42
    Free Member

Let’s see what the interest is for this week, If there are a few up for Ticknall then we can give it a go, if not then I’m happy to go with a local ride.

The full loop that I have done before is about 18 miles but not too bad. What do we usually do?

There are two options to shorten the ride about 3/4 of the way round which would be ideal if time was getting on.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Ticknall gets my vote, think the usual blat around woodhouse is 15 or 20 miles so the distance is about right

scandal42
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/trailguide/files/2008/12/east-midlands-toughish-route.pdf

Bit of road work but not too much, although one of the climbs is bloody stupid steep.

dannyh
    Free Member

I assume it actually starts in Ticknall(?)

You guys make your minds up and I’ll try to fit in…….

jez130
    Free Member

Done that route loads of times. Starts in Ticknall village carpark. Nothing really technical but could make something out of Robin wood if got time to explore (good fun in the winter if you like lots and lots of mud). Two short road ascents near the end but a really nice ride.

Im still in Newton Abbott so a no show for me again.

dannyh
    Free Member

Any news on a decision yet? If I can make it I am well up for a change of scenery, if not I can be a miserable bastard and have a ride on my own instead.

Just post up with a definitive yes/no and a suggested time/place for the meet in Ticknall if that is what we are doing (please).

scandal42
    Free Member

Okay,

7pm ready to ride at the Ticknall village hall car park, I will do my best to guide the route from memory but there may be the odd moment.

There is the potential, as has been suggested, to spend a bit of time hunting out various bits in Robin Hood wood, although time will be a factor.

fathomer

Fingers crossed I’ll be there.

If it’s the route you’ve linked to above I’ll map it out and chuck it in my Garmin, which after two rides has proved its self to be pretty good.

pryth
    Free Member

Hopefully will make it tonight + one.

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s not looking too bad for me now – should see you there. Give me a few minutes grace if I’m not there by 7, please(!)

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Yeah, me too. It’s a 30 minute (ish) drive so there might be delays or retarded direction finding failures

scandal42
    Free Member

I will be on time as always

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Brill ride fellas, really enjoyed the change of scenery and change of pace. Glad none of the near-misses turned into anything more serious 🙂

Bet that’s a joyless shit-fest in the winter

dannyh
    Free Member

Brill ride fellas, really enjoyed the change of scenery and change of pace. Glad none of the near-misses turned into anything more serious

Bet that’s a joyless shit-fest in the winter

I’ll echo that except for the bit about change of pace 😳

Seriously, I hope I didn’t piss any of you off too much with my lack of MTFU.

A nice loop and some surprisingly lengthy (by E Mids standards) lengthy-feeling descents.

Note to self (again) – leave a decent gap to the rider in front! My reactions were probably dulled by that point, but luckily I’d nearly stopped by the time I collided with Scandal. Does it count as a crash if no one actually falls off?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Nah, you have to hurt something otherwise it’s just a mishap. Was a timely lesson in “look where you want to go” and “don’t ride too close”.

Don’t worry about running out of awesome before the end. Happens to us all, but you did tire quite quick last night – you eating enough? Or maybe you’ve got a cold or ebola or small pox or something

fathomer

I’ll agree as well, really enjoyed. Hopefully I’ll be out next week, might not be so dusty looking at the forecast 😀

everyone
    Free Member

Meeting at woodhouse this week isn’t it?
    EDIT: What time?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

That’s the plan. Woodhouse Eaves village hall carparl, Ride-ready at 7pm. There’s another village hall a mile down the road at Woodhouse – that’s the wrong one. Make sure it’s Woodhouse Eaves 🙂

everyone
    Free Member

Yea I know the car park. Glad you’re meeting at 7, means I don’t have to play around with my hours at work

mrbelowski
    Free Member

So who’s up for a muddy soaking tomorrow? I should be there’s no trouble at t’mill.

scandal42
    Free Member

I should indeed be there,

Can everybody be there on time for once

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Dude, if you’re late *one more time* I’m going to nut you

everyone
    Free Member

Muddy? Na it’s drier than a dry thing out there are the moment. Almost tempted to call it dusty!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Just wait till tomorrow – you’ll see 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Dude, if you’re late *one more time* I’m going to nut you

😆 I’ll give it my best shot

dannyh
    Free Member

Can everybody be there on time for once

😆

Pretty sure I’ll be there too!

fatbob44

Still recovering from my knee op. I have been out for a steady road ride so maybe next week.

Have a good one.

scandal42
    Free Member

Hope everything is going well with the recovery Bob, looking forward to hearing about the Lakeland 200 on your return.

fatbob44

Cheers Scandal. It all went well in the Lakes and I got 3 days of sun (unheard of!)

everyone
    Free Member

Might not be able to make it now, off on a site visit with work and not sure when I’ll be back. Don’t wait for me if I don’t turn up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.