Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • mrbelowski
    Free Member

I ran that through Google Translate and it came up with:

“It might be raining, I do not want to get my shiny bike and trendy gear mucky. I am too soft to ride in the rain”.

Weird, huh?

😉

everyone
    Free Member

I see your statement and raise you this image of me.

I’m not some soft southerner thank you very much!

dannyh
    Free Member

Well played, sir.

But hey, we like to get people out riding on a Wednesday, even if goading and taunting them until they give in and turn up becomes necessary.

WE KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU.

In case anyone was in any doubt, Woodhouse Eaves Village car park 7pm ready to ride (or arriving amidst a flurry of excuses, screeching car tyres and swear words). 😉

everyone
    Free Member

Looks like I’m going to be out now. Not going on site visit until tomorrow (maybe). I don’t have any lights though because I forgot to put them on charge this morning.

rascal
    Free Member

God…I wish I could get out on my bike…especially after getting the new mag (ST, not jazz) 😉

asbrooks

I’m with you there Wayne, It’s another two weeks before I can can get in to see a chiropractor. I’m betting it’ll have eased by the time I get to my appointment!

scandal42
    Free Member

There is always beer at the end, you only need a half decent grip and a mouth to join us for that bit.

I am aware that sounds a bit weird having read it back.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Another very entertaining ride and post-ride beer / rant. Thanks chaps 🙂

Bizarrely, my front tyre is still inflated despite the gopping great hole in it. I never *really* thought this silly Slime stuff would actually work – nice to be proved wrong.

Hope you got home in one piece in the dark Nathan

dannyh
    Free Member

Really good ride and an even better ‘intensive sense-talking session (TM)’ afterwards.

I was glad to be feeling a bit better than the week before, so was able to enjoy it a lot more.

Hope the light-less made it home OK and we will be out again next Wednesday. 7pm Man Within Compass, Whitwick.

Post up about a weekend Peaks blast. I haven’t consulted the leisure and recreation committee at home yet, but I will do so on her return.

I can then post up some options and we can see where it goes from there.

See you next week – I might even have the new forks on for you all to take the piss out of…………

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Oh yeah, forgot about your new little OTB-mini-forks 🙂

Matt – will email some bad mobile phone pics of that hard tail, in case your mate’s interested

everyone
    Free Member

I got home fine thanks, cheers for the guide on the way back.

rascal
    Free Member

OTB Danny? Mini-forks? What have I missed?

dannyh
    Free Member

OTB Danny? Mini-forks? What have I missed?

Nothing of any substance.

I’ve invested in some new air forks (120mm rebas). The prevailing opinion amongst the group on last night’s ride was that losing 10mm of travel and 9mm of axle-crown is going to turn my bike into a twitchy rider-killer. Nothing like a bit of banter.

I had a go at fitting the crown race myself, but after three smashed bits of plastic pipe I have admitted defeat and will be taking it to pedal power on Saturday afternoon to have it (and the star nut) fitted by someone who knows what they are doing and has the right tools. I’m going to leave the steerer uncut for now so I can piss about with the bar height for a bit.

Hope to see you out and about soon rascal, if you don’t hurry up you’ll be getting going again just when the weather gives up and buggers off for six months……..

phil56

The pefect tool for fitting a crown race is an axle stand. For a straight steerer the bit that goes up and down is perfect, for a tapered steerer the stand base, turned upside down, is perfect.

dannyh
    Free Member

The pefect tool for fitting a crown race is an axle stand. For a straight steerer the bit that goes up and down is perfect, for a tapered steerer the stand base, turned upside down, is perfect.

Yep, haven’t got one of those either……………
    🙄

fathomer

Hack saw the race, ‘apparently’ works a treat.

And I’ve got a star nut tool you can borrow if you want?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Split races are fine on cartridge bearings. So are headset spacers 😉

Seriously tho, split the race or use a hammer & screwdriver. Just bodge it some how or hand over your Man Card.

As for getting some else to fit your star nut… You’ve let me down, you’ve let your family down, and you’ve let yourself down.

dannyh
    Free Member

I hope you will accept my formal surrender of manhood……

Pedal Power it is for me.

scandal42
    Free Member

Afternoon chaps,

Just putting the feelers out on this Peaks ride, looking like the 30th might be my best chance of getting out, how would that sit with the esteemed members of the board?

dannyh
    Free Member

Saturday 30th works for me. I’ll have a think about a route!

jez130
    Free Member

Im up for that.

rascal
    Free Member

Must admit I’m pretty jealous of you lot – would love to do a Peaks ride but it’ll be a while before I’m pedalling in anger again 😕

schmiken

If you haven’t already been to PedalPower Danny I can do it today for a tenner for you 🙂

fathomer

Pretty sure I’m free on the 30th, providing my sporadic Wednesday night appearances give me esteemed member status 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

If you haven’t already been to PedalPower Danny I can do it today for a tenner for you

Thanks for the offer, but I took it yesterday and got it done. I haven’t got enough spacers yet as the steerer is so long, but I bodged some spare headset cups I found as spacers, put the fork in and had a quick play around in the garden.

I can only conclude that my previous forks were completely and utterly shagged. It feels like the difference between night and day. Still, five years use and abuse week in, week out probably means they didn’t owe me anything.

daveski87
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Just stumbled across this post whilst trying to find some more trails around cademan woods!

Do you guys go every weds?

Typically I broke my bike on Saturday so its out of service atm but I am going to get it fixed ASAP

Would be good to come along with you on one of your rides 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Would be good to come along with you on one of your rides

Would be good to have you along!

Just bring yourself and a bike and some beer tokens.

It is generally accepted etiquette to contribute at least one random mechanical on your first couple of Wednesdays. Piss-taking and crude innuendo are also encouraged. A liking of a post-ride beer is mandatory.

See you in a couple of weeks.

P.S. to put the ‘serious’ hat on for a second, a working set of lights is becoming necessary again as the evenings start to draw in, for the wooded bits at least.

daveski87
    Free Member

Don’t worry about lights! I have a 30,000 lumen beast on my handlebars and twin headlights on my helmet! 🙂

If only I could find the damn charger though!

“It is generally accepted etiquette to contribute at least one random mechanical on your first couple of Wednesdays”

What do you mean by this?

what sort of bikes do you guys ride?

I don’t want to be struggling to keep up! I have a 2013 Trek Cobia 29er hard tail.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

“Random mechanical” usually means some berk on a ridgid pinch flatting, or some numpty throwing his mech into his spokes 🙂

You’ll be fine as long as you don’t mind the very low quality conversation and poor company

scandal42
    Free Member

Who is shredding some wicked gnar this evening?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I might be. Or I might not be. I dunno yet. But I will know. Later.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ll be there – Man Within Compass, Whitwick at 7pm ready to ride. OTB mini-forks and all.

You can all have a good laugh at how many headset spacers you need for an uncut steerer tube(!)

daveski87
    Free Member

“or some numpty throwing his mech into his spokes”

That has happened to me at least 3 times! I’m useless at adjusting them! 🙁

My rear mech is currently sheared off because a stick flicked up into my spokes, went through the chain, then round the mech and back into the spokes, which then just locked the rear wheel up and just sheared it clean off! 🙁

dannyh
    Free Member

My rear mech is currently sheared off because a stick flicked up into my spokes, went through the chain, then round the mech and back into the spokes, which then just locked the rear wheel up and just sheared it clean off!

Sounds like you are eminently qualified for Wednesday evenings, then.

Patch the bike up and join us.

Roll call – who’s in?

Sounds like Scandal, myself and perhaps mrbelowski so far – come on people, keep the numbers up.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I’ll try to – I’m still waiting for permission as the gaffer wants to go running later and I’ve still got a metric ****-ton of work to do this afternoon.

Daveski – had the mech / stick disaster a few years ago too. It’s a ball ache innit

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve still got a metric ****-ton of work to do this afternoon.

What happened to the much-eulogised flexibility of being a contractor?

fatbob44

I have removed myself from the NWLRC sick list and will be out tonight. I’ve been saving up a few weeks worth of mechanicals and pinch flats.

daveski87
    Free Member

Yes it certainly is a ball ache! had to push the bastard thing about 2 miles back to the car!

There is no way I can come tonight, I need to order a new Mech before my bike is rideable.

I will be down as soon as I am up and ready and ordered some new grips and pedals as a precautionary measure! 🙂

Have a good ride!

rascal
    Free Member

I’m still very much on the shit sick list.
    Longing for the day I can get my leg over again.
    Have a good one you lucky lucky barstuds 😉

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Danny – this lego ain’t going to build itself you know.

Will be good to have you back Bob

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.