Home Forums Chat Forum What's your "wafer thin mint"?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • What's your "wafer thin mint"?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

As in, what’s the one thing you could, and indeed would, eat until you explode.

For me, it’s these little things;

Xiaolongbao, a sort of soup dumpling. Preferably from Din Tai Fung. They’re filled with all manner of flavours, too many to choose from. Picked up in chopsticks, then the soup is sucked out of the dumpling, before dipping the rest in a soy and ginger sauce and devouring it. Repeat. Repeat. …

Room for one more? Oh go on then….

Ya, once you start eating that you will not stop … happened to me many times.

Arrgghhh … I miss them … arrghhh …

Ideally wash it down with strong tea! You need to drink strong tea with that so you can wash out all the fat from them … that’s the saying amongst Dim Sum eaters anyway. 😛

For me it is Dim Sum … too many choices … must eat alll … must eat alll …. 😆

legolam
    Free Member

Iranian pistachios. They don’t just salt them, but also put a slightly lemon-y flavouring on that is just heaven. They might as well be sprinkled with crack cocaine at the rate that I can get through them. My father in law brings them back from Iran by the kilo, and they’re invariably gone within a couple of hours.

The best bit is that my husband is allergic to them, so they’re all mine!

porlus
    Free Member

For me its those Quorn mini scotch eggs.
    Salted cashew nuts as well.

LeeW

I’m back out there in a couple of weeks. Staying on the Bay, so will be in the one down there, or Raffles Plaza, maybe.

I’ll be the one shovelling my face full!

My apartment is on Mount Elizabeth, there’s an entrance to Paragon at the bottom of the road, I can be in DTF in 6 minutes and 13 seconds with out breaking a sweat. (which no mean feat!) if I see you in there, beer is on me. :))

northernerindevon

Cheese, all the cheese. And cider….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pretty much any shellfish, cooked with garlic and white wine.

The smell gets you first, then the emissions next day deal the killer blow. Awesome food.

hoodoo
    Free Member

Hmmm, a few things:

Real Greek yogurt with real Greek honey, especially when hungover.
    Skordalia
    Walnuts toasted in honey

Suggsey
    Free Member

Cheese or Rowntrees Fruit Gums (got to be the originals though not the sometimes soft ones you can get in a box!)

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What's your "wafer thin mint"?’ is closed to new replies.