Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Whats this Berlingo warning light?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve asked this before, ages ago, but forgotten the answer.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25m7EFK]2018-05-01_08-44-06[/url] by martinddd, on Flickr

’05 plate Blingo, the light comes on every so often, not for long, its red, just wondering what it is, i think its just a blip.

Ta.

P-Jay
    Free Member

looks like a radiator to me, but as it’s right next to water temp I doubt it is.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Coolant

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whats-this-warning-light-on-our-berlingo-dash/#post-8138462

and no I didn’t use the forum search, I was bored so googled and it took me to your original question.  Probably something to do with my sad browsing history 🙁

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Looks like a casserole dish.  Dinner is ready?

RustySpanner

It’s the ‘Gallic Shrug’ light.

Something is definitely wrong, but if you have to ask what it is…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s check coolant.

If it’s intermittent probably a duff sensor.

CheCk.manually.

The fact it’s orange means advisory ie may be low.

The temp warning light only comes on when you get the coolant temperature up to dangerous levels and is red. Will be accompanied by a red STOP light and lots of beeping.

angeldust
    Free Member

‘Your life might as well be over if you are driving one of these’ warning?

grumpysculler
    Free Member

It means you need to buy another bike. Keep buying bikes until it goes off.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Coolant level warning. Mine used to come on if I was driving too fast.

bbb
    Free Member

Coolant level warning. There is a bung with the sensor in the coolant expansion tank and this often needs a clean then it will be ok again. If the coolant level is ok, then this is probably just the case. If there is low coolant then you will need to check for a leak.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

“if I was driving too fast”.

In a Berlingo?!

trail_rat
    Free Member

more than 45 in a 60 triggers the warning light. judging by all the old folk driving them round here …..

explains why when i drive mine at sensible speeds i get folk pulling out on me unable to judge speed properly

CountZero

“if I was driving too fast”.

In a Berlingo?!

Terminal velocity in freefall is about 130mph…

qwerty
    Free Member

Many thanks for all the help. After a year or more of this coolant low warning light coming on intermittently, i finally got round to checking it out, guess what……….. the coolant was low! All topped up & no warning light now!!

wwaswas

A year?

You win the ‘will the engine blow before I check the coolant’ roulette.

avdave2

I had the immobiliser light on on my Doblo telling me the engine was immobilised, it only ever came on when actually driving. The light isn’t in the handbook as I guess the only time it is supposed to be on is when it can’t be on. This was followed by all sorts of random warning lights coming on at random times, the radio turning itself off and on a couple of occasions the whole electrical system shutting down when driving.I had originally suspected an earthing fault but in the end traced it to a faulty ignition barrel. No issues since that was replaced.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I had the immobiliser light on on my Doblo telling me the engine was immobilised, it only ever came on when actually driving. The light isn’t in the handbook as I guess the only time it is supposed to be on is when it can’t be on. This was followed by all sorts of random warning lights coming on at random times, the radio turning itself off and on a couple of occasions the whole electrical system shutting down when driving.I had originally suspected an earthing fault but in the end traced it to a faulty ignition barrel. No issues since that was replaced.

Is your car called Christine?  Does it repair itself after a crash?

angeldust
    Free Member

It signifies that your credibility has run out.  Usually comes on as soon as you buy a Berlingo 🙂

richmars

I guess I’m a bit sad, but that symbol isn’t in my copy of ISO 2575 Road Vehicles – Symbols for controls, indicators and tell tails. and it isn’t the ISO 2575 symbol for engine coolant.

So I assume it’s made up, and therefore doesn’t conform to the correct EU standard.

avdave2

It was all rather spooky Glenn, and rather scary when you lose all power when driving as the power steering goes with it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Whats this Berlingo warning light?’ is closed to new replies.