Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What's it like in Les Gets at the moment?
  • mk1fan
    Free Member

Off in two weekends for the final weekend of the season.

What are the trails and weather like at the moment? Will be riding round Les Gets only as the lifts in Morzine will be closed.

Looking forward to it. Hired a Nukeproof Mega AM for the weekend.

dan77
    Free Member

I’m in morzine now, the weather is good, and the trails here are running nicely, we’re heading to Les Gets tomorrow so I’ll let you know then

DT78
    Free Member

Just back :(. Stunning. Lifts are working in morzine. Main pleney lift is being replaced but you can still use zor and the luge chair till about 10:30am

DrRSwank
    Free Member

In Les Gets now.

Chevannes trails are all bone dry and dusty so there’s not much grip. It needs a good rain overnight…..

Morzine and Chatel are on the cards for tomorrow.

The braking bumps aren’t that bad – which is odd…..

mk1fan
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Was in Morzine for two weeks after doing the PPdS and decided I needed another taste of the Alps before the end of the season. :mrgreen:

dan77
    Free Member

the only bad breaking bumps we’ve found are at the bottom of Chevannes just before the jump park, they still rideable though, heading over to super Morzine today!

Milkie
    Free Member

We’re also going to be there for the last week, if the car is running fine.

Never been, so don’t know the score. We’ll be looking at last minute accommodation as no point in booking as we are not sure if the very old car will have problems.

ddmonkey

Yes getting end of season rough in places but braking bumps are not huge – due to fairly regular maintenance which is very refreshing! I’ve also seen a video of a new swoopy trail on the Les Gets website, not sure where it is yet but that is as smooth as a baby’s bottom if you like that kind of thing. The rooty black runs in the woods are as fun as ever and there are some new scary lines in there too.

dan77
    Free Member

We found the new trail yesterday but it was closed, gonna try again tomorrow.

tonyg2003

Bone dry at the moment (was there today) but forecast for rain Sat/Sun/Mon (might have to take the road bike out again!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What's it like in Les Gets at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.