Viewing 27 posts - 241 through 267 (of 267 total)
  • What the HELL is this?! (a fantastic demonstration of how mad eBay is!)
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

i stand by the statement that to mention the guys race is utterly and completely irrelevant

except that MTB is so overwhelmingly dominated by white (middle aged middle class IT) guys that a descriptor such as “black” puts him in a recognisable minority, hence the poster using it. Just as he wouldn’t have used any other descriptor unless it was notable and made him or her stand out from the crowd (eg. extreme height).

Mentioning colour is such a taboo it’s laughable; if there’s one guy in a group of 20 who is black, people will still describe him as “the guy towards the right with the blue jeans and red t shirt..no…the taller one…”.

You’re loading the (use of the) word with far more subtext and meaning.

midnitedrive
    Free Member

It’s a descriptive term. He could have said ‘tall guy’ or ‘ginger guy’ or ‘nutty guy’, and you’d have said nothing.

Bingo! Thank god the bikes belong to a man and not a woman because clearly if I had said that a black lady owned them, I would be sexist as well as racist!

Yes, the “carbon based life form” did come across as a little strange in person and, from communicating with said life form, I gathered that the modifications were all self implemented. Much like lowrider bicycles, I assume these bikes to have been been built purely with the emphasis on style and no concern on riding qualities.

barkit
    Free Member

Electric Stealth Bomber bike on Ebay…only £9500…

F*ck for that price I would rather go for a freeride motorbike

Not as many stickers but interesting concept as well:

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Bingo! Thank god the bikes belong to a man and not a woman because clearly if I had said that a black lady owned them, I would be sexist as well as racist!

😕 Didn’t see anyone call you racist….

maccruiskeen

Just as he wouldn’t have used any other descriptor unless it was notable and made him or her stand out from the crowd (eg. extreme height).

Oi, leave me out of this

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Black, white or green with purple spots, these things change nothing.

The way he builds bikes is batshitmental.

jekkyl

To identify someone by their colour does not prejudice them.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Can we talk about the crazy bikes now please? Good thread being spoiled here.

Kryton57

EDIT: He ^^ has a point yet I stand by what I said – removed for the sake of the thread.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Great thread, turned sour! Someone throw in a new pic of a frankin-bike to get back on track!

watsontony
    Free Member

OK

watsontony
    Free Member

tazzymtb

tazzymtb

tacopowell
    Free Member

Thank you!

Is that saddle about 1 1/2′ long?!

Madness!!!

barkit
    Free Member

You might need quite long arms to be able to steer on the upper bike and I’m not even talking about the fact it has a rear suspension + a rigid fork, priceless.

unklehomered
    Free Member

they’re into the last 24 hours…

I think I worked out who made them…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Ixe95CZOE[/video]

mogrim

Not a frankenbike, but definitely a WTF bike moment:

Why would you need suspension on a spinning bike???

unklehomered
    Free Member

for the [imagined fictional made up] gnar?

Trimix
    Free Member

I want a welding kit (and stickers and lobotomy) so I too can make Franken-bikes.

xiphon
    Free Member

Anybody considered it’s a fantastic troll?

Certainly whipped up a storm on many bike websites…

atlaz
    Free Member

TBH, doesn’t look much worse than some people’s bikes on Bikeradar.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

JESUS, how much did they sell for?! There are some people as messed up as the guy that built them. Mental.

greeble
    Free Member

I expect these to show up on a well known mag/website very soon being test ridden

djglover
    Free Member

£500 for the Orange!

mamadirt
    Free Member

I expect these to show up on a well known mag/website very soon being test ridden

Or maybe, well, you know those reverse steering BMX type bikes you see at fetes and the like . . .

“Roll up, roll up! £1 a go! Ride the crazy bike along this relatively easy course and win a fiver!!”

Remember the kiddies wooden north shore course at Mayhem . . . well there’s gotta be a market there somewhere . . . coming to an event near you soon 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 241 through 267 (of 267 total)

The topic ‘What the HELL is this?! (a fantastic demonstration of how mad eBay is!)’ is closed to new replies.