Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 267 total)
  • What the HELL is this?! (a fantastic demonstration of how mad eBay is!)
  • nick1962
    Free Member

Shouldn’t someone ask him to explain how those extras actually work?

bwaarp
    Free Member

Half tempted to buy the Kona, dress up as a hipster and cycle it round Camden/Hackney with a totally straight face parking it next to every single speed I see.

Keef
    Free Member

if beauty is in the eye of the beholder,some one needs mudguards 😉

nikk
    Free Member

Top marks, thats proper backwoods too-many-funny-mushrooms folk-art that is!

Half tempted to buy the Kona, dress up as a hipster and cycle it round Camden/Hackney with a totally straight face parking it next to every single speed I see.

Oh god, please do! And get a mate to take a video! Nathan Barley new series lol

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

The guy selling them is the trollminator~ epic genius!!

Speeder

A little wee just leaked out and I’m crying.

So glad I took a chance on this thread. 😀

fourbanger
    Free Member

Daft question but is it just the size of the forks creating an optical illusion or is the front wheel smaller than the rear on the Giant?

I thought the 5 had a 24inch wheel on the front, but those forks are messing up my the perspective. How does something like this get created?!!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Manitou x-verts? I’m confused. Where are the stanchions from?

brooess
    Free Member

Good God Almighty.
    This is what this emoticon was created for: 😯
    Buyer Beware, indeed

bigrich

I’m a forty something year old who works in IT and has been riding bikes for five minutes, and therefore have no idea about anything, particularly technologies that are ten to twenty years old, as I was playing golf.

matt_outandabout

I think that the top of the stantions and crowns are motorbike ones, plugged into mtb lowers?

bwaarp
    Free Member

Gonna bid for it I think.

The Kona is a work of pure satirical genius. Will have so many laughs with that thing I think I’ll ride it more than my Mega.

matt_outandabout

Pictures saved for posterity… 8)

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I wish I had the disposable income for this!

Bananas.

kayak23

Reminds of these Panamanians…

richmtb

those bikes are **** epic.

I want to collect them so I can shake the hand of the twisted genius behind them

Cougar

Hi am selling my kona stab downhill bike is in good condition but the brake don work. The bike have two chain but is only one single chain work like normal bike chain system

I’m glad the seller cleared that up, I was confused.

walleater

matt_outandabout – Member
    Pictures saved for posterity

Me too. So awesome!

13thfloormonk

HAS to be a steering damper on the Patriot, no?

The fact that it doesn’t appear to be connected to the steering is perfectly in keeping with all the other extras…

warpcow
    Free Member

What is that black cable on the Giant? It seems to appear out of nowhere and end in what looks like a pull-cord behind the seatclamp.

hora
    Free Member

Those forks will test all the welds…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think that the top of the stantions and crowns are motorbike ones, plugged into mtb lowers?

I think it’s probably the bastard son of a KMX or CR and a Kona/Orange, yes.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

The Kona is the best thing I’ve seen in ages.

Thing is, you need at least a little bit of mechanical nous to modify things like that, repurpose motorbike parts, rig up a gearbox/pulley system.

Just goes to show, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

p7rich
    Free Member

Chain routing on the Stab:

!!!

growinglad
    Free Member

Hi am selling my kona stab downhill bike is in good condition but the brake don work. The bike have two chain but is only one single chain work like normal bike chain system

I’m glad the seller cleared that up, I was confused.

Yep, I noticed that.

I really feel the need to post on the add.

“You one cwazy muffa fl$()cker”

If that’s a downhill bike think I’ll stick to my J-boy x-country!

atlaz
    Free Member

He’s obviously spent a lot of time and effort putting those together. Insane but hysterical.

cardo

Engineering mad man with poor language skills , or is someone having a larf?.. the first run down any hill on either of these could be a you tube classic.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

rig up a gearbox/pulley system.

I reckon that pulley is off a boat. He IS on the South Coast, remember…..

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

reckon he’s related to Dr. Emmett “Doc” Brown, kinda Doc Brown meets Dr Evil…

johnellison
    Free Member

Has the inspiration for the Kona come from this?

Brooklyn Machine Works Killer B Race Link, in case you were wondering. Fantastic piece of machinery.

Forks aren’t Shivers, they were USD. Think the ones on the BMW are possibly White Bros.

unklehomered
    Free Member

^all very well and good but is it art??? [it must be – it serves no purpose other than to be itself]

I’d post a Q on the auction too but I have done that before and you just end up being pestered to see if you want to buy it. These people tend to shockingly serious.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I thought you guys would enjoy these when I stumbled across the advert for the Patriot.

Enjoy!!!

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m disappointed the Giant doesn’t have saddle goggles, I thought he’d started a new bike photo trend 🙁

timb34
    Free Member

Brilliant.

I’m not surprised that the brakes don’t work on the Kona – there isn’t a disc on the front that I can see.

Actually I’d be surprised if those bikes were actually rideable… I can’t see a rear cog on the Kona, and I’m not sure that the cranks will clear the extra rods on the Orange.

wwaswas

I do like the dearilleur on the Kona. He’s had to join two together to get round the corner.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would love to get hold of all three bikes. What kind of mind could/would create such madness?!

kimbers

I_Ache – Member
    I would love to get hold of all three bikes. What kind of mind could/would create such madness?!

kaesae?

Retrodirect
    Free Member

I love the floating brakes on the orange. Connected to the swingarm so entirely purposeless, and that front chainguide with its extra rollers. and and… just so much

I_Ache
    Free Member

No he would be much more aggressive in explaining why the bikes are better than standard ones. He would also say that he designed new forks for optimum performance after doing lots of research (on YouTube).

Cheezpleez

He is either:
    1. A satirical genius
    2. A 10-year-old fantasist with a doting engineer for a dad
    3. Building blue-skyprototypes for the Shimano marketing department
    4. Elbry

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 267 total)

The topic ‘What the HELL is this?! (a fantastic demonstration of how mad eBay is!)’ is closed to new replies.