Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 267 total)
  • What the HELL is this?! (a fantastic demonstration of how mad eBay is!)
  • maccruiskeen

“Brakes are not working I think they need a oil “

… and a brake

shermer75
    Free Member

My guess is a teenager with rich parents who possibly err a little on the trusting and indulgent side of things. And have an impressive work shop somewhere…

unklehomered
    Free Member

’bout’ is the new qualifier to all bike spec. My bikes have bout 9 gears. bout 26inch wheels.

only ’bout’ 9 of his feedback are for sales.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tom-B
    Free Member

He’s currently mulling over a buy it now price on the Kona for me and ‘will let me no 1st’ if he is up for it 8)

bullandbladder
    Free Member

The Commencal is my favourite – ‘Zoom’ fork lowers off some sack of shit BSO and left-handed XT chainset. I suspect this guy’s typing is hampered by the straitjacket.

Bregante

Can you get LHD LSD mtb parts

FTFY and yes, yes it appears you can….

Northwind

unklehomered – Member

why a granny ring?

You are wrong in the head.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The ‘twin chain’ system is baffling. ‘It doesn’t work’ no shit.

mattjevans
    Free Member

I was lusting after the Commencal but I’m worried about chain retention so I’m thinking the Stab is the way to go. After all, it “work like normal bike chain system”

I reckon with a 29er on the back and a 24″ up front just to steepen it up a touch the Stab could be an awesome enduro bike. I mean I know he says the “brakes don work” but I’m sure its just oil and pads and sh_t like the others

burnie
    Free Member

At least all the stems are slammed

stavromuller
    Free Member

I reckon it’s Damien Hurst incognito, experimenting with a “mind-mess for MTBer”

sailingneil
    Free Member

This is definitely the best thread on STW at the moment. What about the magazine bidding on them and doing a review of them, it would make a brilliant article.

smiff
    Free Member

what kind of mind could come up with such a thing? hmm

~~ wavey lines wavey lines ~~

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ73KS0uxlY[/video]

not sure which i love more right now..

sad part is there’s probably some mad genius crying in a shed somewhere after having all his works of art nicked :/

Reminds me of rube-goldberg machines more than anything. superb.

mindmap3
    Free Member

They are amazing…how do you pedal the Kona with that contraption on the side if it? Admittedly, that’s the least of your worries.

Would love to see what happened to the Commencal if you rode a drop on it. I can’t believe people ar actually bidding on these…things!

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think they may actually be transformers. It’s the only thing so far that seems half way plausible. Don’t buy them. They’ll get up in the night and start wandering around and blowing shit up.

maccruiskeen

I’m sure I’ve played this level of Little Big Planet

suffolk
    Free Member

It’s as though lunatic engineer who has never seen a bike, but has had one described to him briefly, has had a box of random parts delivered to his cell in the asylum and made their best approximation.

That or they are all odd stolen bikes remixed and plastered with stickers in an attempt to hide their identity. Still delivered in part form to the same guy in the asylum though for the build.

Nuts stuff and think too much American Chopper been watched.

somafunk

They have to be stolen and parts swapped over or bodged surely?, otherwise there is thousands of £ sitting there, all in an unrideable state and who would do that to a bike?, certainly not anyone who actually rides. I’ve asked him if he has receipts or original bill of sale for them as i would not want to purchase a stolen bike – we’ll see if he gets back to me.

If they are stolen he deserves to be zip tied to that commencal and made to ride down a flight of stairs without a helmet….I **** detest thieves and i feel the righteous right wing anger of the Daily Mail being channeled through my thought process as i type with thoughts of removing one finger for each stolen bike that’s passed through his hands……….quick……browse the guardian website and drink camomile tea…………Phew!………

Superficial
    Free Member

The weird thing is the fact that some of the engineering it pretty nicely-done.

Look at the pictures of under-the-bb on that Commencal. Some fairly ingenious mounting of a chain device on the wrong side – looks very clean. But then you’d have to be a complete moron to imagine that it would work. Truly mind-boggling.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I love the chain ^^ three colours, black, red and white all painted by hand to an extraordinary level of accuracy.

It is Art.

grahamt1980

The commie is the most amazing thing ever.
    The double crown made single crown forks are a work of utter madness. Tempted to buy one as a work of art

nick1962
    Free Member

unklehomered – Member

why a granny ring?
    Isn’t it obvious?
    Although unfinished the granny on the traditional non drive side is clearly intended to drive an additional cog on the rear wheel on a special hub/cassette combo that is still work in progress.That way you get double the power right?

grahamt1980

I wouldn’t fancy losing a pedal on the orange. One slip and your nuts are going to be mashed

boltonjon

The man has spoken on Oranges’ Facebook page – and its a bit scary….

Andy Soulsby
    They’re my bikes, I’ll build them how I want & I like them, isn’t that what Biking’s all about?

Only selling as I’m building a Santa Cruz v10 with pace rigid forks & singlespeed.

I love this guy – as it looks like he has normal bikes and races!!

Edit…..Right – toooo much wine – false alert!

stevomcd
    Free Member

I love how the poor wee front brake hose barely makes it past the wheel rim on the Commencal…

grahamt1980

I think that bloke on the orange page owned up lower down that it actually wasn’t him.
    Shame really

mboy
    Free Member

This is definitely the best thread on STW at the moment. What about the magazine bidding on them and doing a review of them, it would make a brilliant article.

My single biggest regret right now is that I’ve only just found this thread! It’s valentines night and my poor GF has just spent the last hour or so on her own, not receiving one iota of attention. In fact, she’s probably gone to bed, I haven’t checked! This thread is the best ever!

Anyway… I’ve had a moment of clarity, an epiphany if you will. This thread has done what no other thread I’ve ever seen on STW has done before. It has united the populous of the forum, and brought us together in its own mad insane way! I therefore propose not that someone should buy the bikes as art, but that we, the STW forumites, unite and buy the bikes for the greater good… I’ll pledge £20 towards the cause, I’m sure that it’ll only take maybe 100 of us in all each pledging the same, to own the most bonkers mad fleet anyone has ever seen! Then we can all get them on a timeshare basis. 3 days a year is all I’d need/want with them to remind me of just how mad some people are in the world. I think it’s really the only sensible way forward for this thread to take!

Who’s with me?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Right, that’s it! I’m disabling my ebay account right now! There is no way on God’s earth I can compete with er . . . those 😆 😆 😆

shakes head

No wonder I never make any blinkin’ money . . . I’m doin’ it wrong 😥

ashfanman
    Free Member

What about the magazine bidding on them and doing a review of them, it would make a brilliant article.

This +1000000000000. And then interview the seller. Best. Article. Ever.

I’d resubscribe for that alone.

bwaarp
    Free Member

If these are made from stolen parts….the guy could go clean and go into modern art lol.

Classic.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

They somehow all remind me of MBUK… 🙄

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The multi coloured secondary drivetrain on the commie reminds me of one of those ‘how things work’ type displays in science museums, were each colour coded cog and coloured section of chain would have a different description on an information sheet. Its all somewhat fisher price buzz light year looking, I’d love to own it just for novelty.

pictonroad

I’ve saved all the photos for posterity, I’ll host them here later. I’m scared we’ll lose them

His/her item views must be through the roof!

jameso

I’m stunned : ) I didn’t realise there was more than one..

Give the chap a job at Brooklyn Machine Works with a bag of spares from that Cannondale DH project with 3 chains and see what they come up with… totally inspired and barking mad. I like his style )

iain1775
    Free Member

Don’t see the fuss personally they’re just bikes 😉

charliedontsurf

Call those downhill bikes… All wrong, too much wind resistance, what you need is this.

Tony Nunn, lefty and headshot service genius, with loads of cannondale swing arms, has been making a gravity bike.

jameso

Any excuse to post this. Not much ‘better’ and it’s a pro rider’s bike.. as nuts as it is, it’s someone’s own and they have fun (in this case do utterly bonkers stuff) on it, that’s all that matters (really!)

DrP

Pompey is just down the road from me…
    I reckon for a few hundred quid I could be parading one of these bad boys up and down the prom…..

DrP

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Any excuse to post this. Not much ‘better’ and it’s a pro rider’s bike

IS that Josh Benders bike?

I remember his old videos, Always along the lines of:

Here’s a massive cliff I’m going to ride off it.

He used to wear 2 chest protectors and MX boots, The bike was probally pedaled 10 yards.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 267 total)

The topic ‘What the HELL is this?! (a fantastic demonstration of how mad eBay is!)’ is closed to new replies.