Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 267 total)
  • What the HELL is this?! (a fantastic demonstration of how mad eBay is!)
  • wwaswas

4. Elbry

I did wonder.

fourbanger
    Free Member

CynicAl thining out his collection?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CynicAl thining out his collection?

Distinct lack of cutlery, so that rules him out.

cookeaa

It’s sort of like the MTB equivalent of Lads that Barry up their Mum’s Saxo with Halfords body kits, coloured LEDs and silly exhaustsI suppose.

They’re chasing a very Specific Aesthetic it’s sort of DH meets MX in the Ritalin addled brain of a 16 year old glue sniffer..

You used to see this sort of thing all over Pinkbike, their “Nirvana” being something along the lines of a Karpiel with Super Monster T’s, 24” x 3” Gazalodi’s, 9” rotors and 6-pot brakes. All comically un-ridable and destined to snap should the owner attempt to but still amusing to look at…

psychle
    Free Member

I kind of like that ‘jump bike’ (though if you jumped it you would in fact die I’m sure!)… works of inspired creative genius the lot of them though, there’s a lot of thought and effort in there! 😉

tacopowell
    Free Member

Best post I’ve come across yet!

So can we please set up some sort of fundraising page to buy all 3 bikes,
    We could do a national tour/death circus,

This could be the start of something beautiful!

Not on the same level but reminds me a little of this

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

4. Elbry

Ha Ha, Bloody brilliant!

ndthornton
    Free Member

If Id put that much effort into a bike I think Id spend a little longer on the description in the Ad – Like a piece of modern art we need to know what its all supposed to mean?? And what is the buyer supposed to do with it?

If its for cruising around town on and turning heads chopper style then it does have some value and could even under certain circumstances be described as cool. Or are they actually intended to be used properly – slightly less enticing, I mean seriously what is going on with the forks on that Orange. The lowers clearly cant accommodate the length of the stanchions so we have jacked up the front end even further for what reason exactly??????

xiphon
    Free Member

Needs a full on moto-x lid if it’s Elbrys….

scuttler

Elbry couldn’t help himself lexically – there’s zero instances of ‘stoked’, ‘semi-pro’, ‘sponsored’ or ‘press’.

Besides his sponsors would disapprove of such brand whoring with all those stickers. Not the behaviour of a pro.

Genius post all the same!

I’m off to catch up on what Elbry’s been up to recently – make sure I’m in the know.

ska-49
    Free Member

Reminds me of a more dangerous version of this..

eightyeight
    Free Member

http://elbry.blogspot.co.uk/

He seems a nice enough chap

wattsymtb
    Free Member

That transition at least looks rideable.

He seem to think the bigger the axle to crown height the better the bike becomes. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying satirical genius.

Putting a floating brake on a hardtail. Surely he must have looked up the purpose of a floating brake before going to the trouble of fitting one? …………Surely?

franksinatra

They could belong to that Richy character, the guy who raced XC in an orange boiler suit and full face helmet.

gonzy
    Free Member

maybe he was inspired by these two….

warpcow
    Free Member

Putting a floating brake on a hardtail. Surely he must have looked up the purpose of a floating brake before going to the trouble of fitting one? …………Surely?

Looks like an arm for a back-pedal brake on a cheap internal-gear hub.

cookeaa

Some more prime examples:

Canfield with SMT:

Evil with SMT:

Bighit with SMT and jacked up shock:

This is one of my favourites though – Monster T “SC” on and Old Stab:

And a nice comparison shot of the fork that ruined several perfectly good DH bikes:

All so wrong but you just can’t help looking…

mrmoofo

Brant has been quite for a few weeks …
    I guess that this is what happens when they stop the Ritalin ….

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Homebrewed for the win,

Those forks on the Orange look like cheapo lowers with some crafted stanchions.

The other looks like MX ones.

Is that a centrepin fishing reel routing the chain on the kona?

wwaswas

Brant has been quite for a few weeks …

he’s off to the land of the midnight sun to build snowmen with slack head angles or something.

njee20
    Free Member

They could belong to that Richy character, the guy who raced XC in an orange boiler suit and full face helmet.

Richie McCoy! The semi pro rally-driving-photographer-DJ-mountain biker. Amazing.

Guy I worked with at the LBS had some of those Super Monsters, put them on a Karpiel Apocalypse with 13″ of travel. Absolutely insane.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Wozza
    Free Member

Everytime I open this thread it gets better.

ojom
    Free Member

What farm is that hardrock from? Needs culled.

bland

Truly hideous inventions, but what has been bothering me is that they clearly arent his and he has no idea what he is sellin.

So where are they from? Well in my experience the only people who ride things like that are crazy frogs or Germans so whats he doing with them. They are clearly nicked from somewhere!

Does anyone contribute to a french or german forum as it would be nice to have them linked to on there to see if anyone recognises them. Bikes like this must gain local noteriety. They aint british for sure, you can tell by the stickers. They aint what comes free on MBUK or a british MX mag.

He could be shipping stolen bikes out of Portsmouth and has taken these as reverse payment possibly.

Something not right and it would be interesting to find out where thay came from and who the seller is!

Alternatively Hora could buy them all, im sure everyone would have a whip round to see him do Fort Bill on each of them! Then they could go on display with the Peados bikes at Brants place

tacopowell
    Free Member

What farm is that hardrock from? Needs culled.

Wanted to do something with my first mtb frame years ago, same pictured, googled custom Spesh hardrock and seen that, always played on my mind, had nightmares since.

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’m hoping the eBay seller is someone from this forum … 😀

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

This really is a thread that just keeps on giving 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Truly hideous inventions, but what has been bothering me is that they clearly arent his and he has no idea what he is sellin.

How can you be so sure? Bit weird to have quite such a distinctive collection.

ojom
    Free Member

Just clicked through to see the Stab.
    OM actual G.

zippykona

From what I can see on my phone it has a euro brake setup. So the person who thought they were nicked from europe may have a point.

warton
    Free Member

From what I can see on my phone it has a euro brake setup

You’ve worked out where each cable goes to? You should be on the Crystal Maze

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Guy I worked with at the LBS had some of those Super Monsters, put them on a Karpiel Apocalypse with 13″ of travel. Absolutely insane.

Sounds reasnoble for Surrey

deus

That bighit looks as though it’s just been suprised by a mouse

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

From what I can see on my phone it has a euro brake setup. So the person who thought they were nicked from europe may have a point.

Many MX-Gnat-Shredders ride Euro set up, and looking at teh stickaz, Mr Batshit Mentalist is one of those. Or at least would like people to believe he is.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ok, who’s bidding…?

I’d love it if he joined this thread.

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

They could be Richie McCoy’s he has officially retired according to this. 😆

http://www.myspace.com/richiemccoyofficial/blog

numplumz
    Free Member

just bonkers

Richie McCoy! The semi pro rally-driving-photographer-DJ-mountain biker. Amazing

Nice to hear he’s not forgotten, the FNSS race he did was a classic, he’s a cult hero round here 🙄

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I would love to get a go on that big hit. I’d have to completely turn the rebound damping off and do (or convince someone else to do) a big drop to flat. I reckon you’d bounce a few times.

njee20
    Free Member

Sounds reasnoble for Surrey

About right! He was quite adept at riding it off loading docks, it wasn’t much good for anything else! He did do a few DH races on it, but as the frame weighed 14lbs it was a bit of a dog to pedal!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 267 total)

The topic ‘What the HELL is this?! (a fantastic demonstration of how mad eBay is!)’ is closed to new replies.