Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 523 total)
  • What steel roadbike frame
  • Bregante

me running across the motorway to get a Swan wandering around lane2

I always knew you were made of “special” material

😆

hora
    Free Member

Would love to see if I made highways agency CCTV news etc

hora
    Free Member

Done. Pics to follow later in week…. 8)

Cheers for your patience and help guys

Bregante

Ah come on. What did you go for?

It had better not be that Ritchey!
    *puts balaclava on one side and searches sat nav history for horas address*

hora
    Free Member

(Moves to a safe house) 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

What have you got?

I’ve gone steel this year, think it’s an age thing and I’m not competitive anymore so might as well like what I get.
    Having a training do it all roadie built soon, all steel including forks, otherwise bog standard. Though I’m going to see if he can do an ISP, not sure I’ll get a topper for Columbus SL though.

mattythemod
    Free Member

Did you order one of these then ?

hora
    Free Member

Bregantes going to like what I’ve got. I love its looks. Stoked I am. **** the modern Velominati rules

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀 You’ll do well if it fits, the geometry is a bit funny on them. I have seen a few build photos; all of them have had short stems and quite a few stem spacers. What size did you get? 57cm?

hora
    Free Member

Yes 57 🙂

Bregante

Cheers hora.

Looks like I’ll have a new summer road bike by May then!

£450 sound about right? 😆

hora
    Free Member

25% off RRP? You do realise your trying to barter with a Yorkshireman 😕

oldgit
    Free Member

Too late but here’s the burly Volare.

hora
    Free Member

Those rims on that bike?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Look awesome. It’s a race bike.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

didn’t you buy that frame when I “PSA’ed” it within another thread, as you saved me buying the last one in my size? Theyve gone and got more in and I keep window-shopping, so youre not helping 😀

Lovely but at the risk of being hyper picky I’m personally not a fan of deeper section wheels on skinny tubed bikes (be it skinny steel or skinny carbon)purely for aesthetics.

The fact they’d be well out of my budget is irrelevant 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Subtle aren’t they. There are some low profiles for poor weather.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Deep section rims on skinny tubes look awesome. I like!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Those rims on that bike?

Not a big fan of deep section wheels on skinny tubed bikes either… but for THOSE wheels I make an exception 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Old git are they really the worlds most expensive wheels on an 853 steel frame? They must have cost as much as the rest of the bike combined.

I guess you can make a cogent argument for it. The frame, within reason, makes less performance difference than the wheels if the wheels in question are deep section areo types.

Mister-P
    Free Member

If we are talking aesthetics, I’m much more offended by the grey cable outers than the wheels on the Volare.

oldgit
    Free Member

Didn’t pay the full 2.7k for them. Availability of those wheels was the main contributing factor in going ahead with a steel race bike.

hora
    Free Member

Being a bit thick but how do you find BB cup removal tools for road sized cups?

oldgit
    Free Member

They’re usually the same…..ish.

hora
    Free Member

I know. When I stripped the PlanetX to sell I had to leave the BB in 🙁

geetee1972
    Free Member

Oldgit tubs or clinchers?

brant
    Free Member

New ultegra has a smaller OD cup. An adaptor is available

hora
    Free Member

Cheers -SHIMANO TL-FC25 bottom bracket tool adapter? Its cheap to buy but boy UK retailers like to add postage costs. Might just go for a normal sized cup if ok?

geetee1972
    Free Member

You are tighter than a gnatts chuff Hora 😀 What was the quote? You’re so tight, stick a lump of coal up your backside and in two weeks you have a diamond.

So I guess you went with the ‘made in Taiwan’ Ritchey rather than the ‘made in Italy’ Condor?

hora
    Free Member

The Condor is £150 more, not as attractive and tbh theres more info/reviews out there.

But also- I like the way it looks. Well nice. Between both of them theres probably not that much in it for a hobby cyclist at these price points. The stainless Acciaio is probably waaay lighter but thats also waay more expense 🙂

The first steel road bike I had was more heavy than the condor or Ritchey but very stable. Stables good.

KPHC

Ritchey also has greater tire clearance AFAIK, up to 28mm

chakaping
    Free Member

The Volare looks good with those wheels. Very purposeful.

It’d be a different story if they were plastered with white lettering like carbon deep section wheels usually seem to be.

It’s obviously a personal set-up, those bars look HUGE.

IHN

Hang on, did you but the Ritchey? Is jealous 🙁

Can I have first dibs on it? Timings perfect, it’s my birthday next month? 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Look at the pics of it that I found here: 🙂

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115880

firestarter
    Free Member

That does look nice. Id have to have the red white and blue paintjob if they do it on that frame tho

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice. Now please don’t ride it in your baggies 😉

wallop

No, please do.

wallop

😆

edhornby

that’ll be nice with ultegra, if it’s a fair weather bike then white tape and saddle would work well to offset the muted colours of the frame and groupset

one point – keep an eye on the headset. The races are the headtube so if you have pitting on the races you will be stuck with it; this is solved by regularly greasing and replacing the ballbearing sets (with an aheadset this is the simplest job in the world)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

bugger – if I were to upgrade my frameset that is the one I was going to go for 🙁

At least this way I can wait to find out what is wrong with it 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 523 total)

The topic ‘What steel roadbike frame’ is closed to new replies.