Home Forums Chat Forum What MDPE connector to water meter?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What MDPE connector to water meter?
  • sam_underhill

I'll be putting in a new MDPE 25mm supply pipe from my meter to a new stop cock in the house to a) replace the existing lead pipe and b) move the stop cock. What connector am I likely to need to connect this to the meter? Obviously I'll find out when I dig the hole, but it'd be nice to know in advance.

Bear
    Free Member

I suspect that if it is a modern meter it will probably have a short section of MDPE on the outlet side, then changes to your existing lead supply. Best to dig hole first though otherwise you will end up with a load of bits you may not need.

sam_underhill

That would be nice and easy then. Digging the hole first clearly is the sensible ting to do.

Stoner
    Free Member

bes.co.uk is good for fittings etc.

Just taken delivery of a load of MDPE stuff today. 24 hours after order. Good prices.

sam_underhill

ta

Bear
    Free Member

oh and second the BES site, use them loads good delivery times

islander

Prob standard 25mm pushfit conector as would think be a tail of 25mm pipe from meter conecting onto your existing lead pipe. Used either Plason or Philmac when used to do this kind of thing for a living. Get decent fittings as saw a lot of folk using cheap ones and were crap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What MDPE connector to water meter?’ is closed to new replies.