Home Forums Chat Forum What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)

Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 4,505 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • AlexSimon

Nice job on the bathroom tj!
    I got someone to do my tiling and now a few have cracked! If you want a job doing well…

Speeder

Nice trailer refurb but Can I suggest you triangulate the mounting points of that ram Welshfarmer. Any weight in the bed when you tip it from flat will be multiplied many times and could easily fold it.*

* but I haven’t done any calcs. 🙄

pictonroad

Shelving. Turning this alcove off the dining room into ‘the’ house store area. Now to fit every item currently occupying all of the house suraces on it. 😈

siwhite
    Free Member

Welshfarmer – I think I recognise your Landy from Defender2. Are you Pikey on there?

welshfarmer

Hi Si…

yep, that would be me 🙂

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Still a work in progress, but started with this scale model made from a box I found in the bin.

Coming along pretty nicely…

Table is made from an Ab exerciser I got for 99p and the top of the same TV stand that became seating in right of picture. It swings on a boom arm, rotates and by a massive stroke of luck, locks into place in the shelves I made between the front seats.

Haven’t had time yet, but seats will also form a 2nd bed.

Hob heatshield came into being because the ebay seller I bought the sink off happened to offer me a free spare he had no use for, because it was dented.

Working on shower at the moment, having to cut up a pre formed platic caravan shower unit because it wouldn’t fit the van’s profile and rebuild with waterproof ply.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Good job mate. Is that bed long enough to lie flat in?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Just about… it’s 6ft 2 and I’m 6ft 1, so will try and avoid too much agitated dreaming

AlexSimon

Looks good jhj. Worthy of a thread of its own?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Thanks… it might be worthy of it’s own thread, but truth be told, I don’t have the time to go into full details… you’ll have to remain tantalized for now 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I made a drawing with felt tips. Was a kind of practice of a style… what do we think? Be honest!

ton

what do we think? Be honest!

Frank Bruno……. awesome Dez

DezB
    Free Member

Racist!

AlexSimon

Looks great DezB
    is there a thread with your other work?

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks Alex! There was an old ‘art’ thread where I posted a few things. Just really picking up the pens and pencils again since being bought some stuff for Christmas, so trying out some new things really.
    I think I prefer a previous version, before I added more dark and colour –

epicyclo

Knocked up a couple of wheels as birthday present for my son’s girlfriend

Going on her pink 1×1 which I built for her birthday a few years back. Got to upgrade her to disks seeing as she is riding the wheels off it.

kayak23

Ace wheels. 😀

glasgowdan
    Free Member

A twin skin cupboard door.

ebygomm
    Free Member

bodgy
    Free Member

Paper cut, ‘Magpies’, for Mrs B’s Valentine’s card.

[/url]

stevied
    Free Member

Not made, as such, but modified quite a bit. 170mm down to 120mm for my daughter’s new bike. 700g before, 460g after 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Very nice Bodgy 🙂

AlexSimon

Absolutely love this thread.
    Impressive skill bodgy!

bodgy
    Free Member

🙂

councilof10
    Free Member

Not sure if this will work – first time trying to post images from Flickr…

Made a few bird boxes for blue tits, great tits, wrens and robins.

I didn’t want them to feel left out after I went to so much trouble building a nesting habitat for kingfishers last Autumn. Just waiting to see if there’s any interest!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Edit: Any idea why these images won’t show?

you need to either use a link that ends in .jpg (i.e. for the picture, not the website it’s on).

Or on flickr, click the ‘share’ arrow in the bottom right corner, then bbcode and paste the long bit of text straight into the forum. It looks like the bit below, i’ve just added a load of spaces to stop it working. The addres of the pic is the bit in the middle https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2367/32936501165_7dfc4a4758_z.jpg, the rest is just links to the flickr page it’s on, and your flickr account so people can follow it back.

[ url=https://flic.kr/p/RAQhi9][ img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2273/32555662690_1be8134886_z.jpg[ /img][ /url]IMG_4365[ /url] by [ url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/141416687@N03/]councilof10[ /url], on Flickr

Birdboxes by councilof10[/url], on Flickr

[/url]IMG_4365 by councilof10[/url], on Flickr

councilof10
    Free Member

Aha, thanks! What a stoopid site! I was copying the link it generates when you share… Why on earth that doesn’t work beats me! Thanks 😀

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Always blown away by the diversity and creativity in this thread, restores my faith in humanity and ingenuity.

Keep it up guys, you rock!!

Here’s my latest, a heater for the van…

did an ebay search for ‘heater matrix’, bought the cheapest new one I could find that had standard hose fittings (turned out to be for a fiat punto), then bought a couple of computer fans (very low power consumption and easy to get plug and play fan controllers to vary the speed).

Bodged it all together with a bit of plywood and some hole plate I had laying around; turned out the fans blew in the opposite direction to what I’d thought, so then had to make some blade guards out of a silicon cooking net

And here she be:

Stoner
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – consider getting some metal plates to protect the holes. Some of ours have been widened by various larger birds to get at eggs

http://shopping.rspb.org.uk/birds-wildlife/nestboxes/nestbox-plate-25mm.html

for tits, 32mm for some of the larger garden birds.

councilof10
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner – TINAS was helping me post pics, they were my birdboxes…

I’ve got 20 or so nest boxes dotted around the place, and whilst we have a few Great Spotted Woodpeckers (I was watching their courtship ritual this weekend!) they don’t seem to attack the boxes.

I make them out of 6″x 1″ ‘gravel boards’ so they’d take a fair bit of work to open the holes up. I keep a close eye on all of them, so if the Woodies start causing problems, I’ll fit those plates…

jairaj

JHJ, thats some good bodging. What are you going to connect the heating matrix to? Add it to the current heater matrix loop so you have to run the engine to heat it up or have you got a separate burner for it?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Since it’s for a winterized camper van for seasons in the Alps, I’ve got an eberspacher diesel fuelled water heater, which I’m going to plumb into the engine’s heater matrix loop, so not only will it help with cold starting, but also provide me with heating and hot water from engine heat; I’ve also got a couple of smaller rads from computer water cooling systems to help prevent the waste water tank (in garage under bed) from freezing… that also means I’ll have under bed heating!!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Built a new phono stage, like this one:

And then some more levels for the hifi rack.

Now I can listen to my vinyl again 🙂

EDIT: When I get a chance I’ll mod the Rega PSU so the LED is green at 33RPM, not helping with my OCD.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I want the knitted AT-AT quite a lot though.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

RichPenny, any more details on your rack? Looks nice.

tom200

New shed

kayak23

Made a room divider for a couple of friends.
    It’s made out of Oak…..I swear I only seem to make stuff out of Oak…. 🙂

Anyway, they wanted something very simple and that wouldn’t block out the view too much but still create the feeling of division. Came up with quite a few ideas, all of which were too sculptural or complicated, before settling on this, a simple double frame with horizontal slats alternately linking one frame to the other.

The best view of it in my opinion is when it’s laid down in landscape and you get a cool effect from the slats. When it’s upright, you kind of get glimpses of that effect when you get up close or when you’re on the floor drunk…
    It’s also pretty cool looking through the gap between the frames.

It’s got temporary feet on it just for the pics.

This is where it’s going, to give some division to their workspace. It’ll wedge in via wind-out legs top and bottom that I made from butchered office table legs…

The divider upright

The zig-zag effect from the alternating slats

Mind the gap!

AlexSimon

Very nice as usual!
    I’m still stuck in the realm of birch ply, although I’ve branched out and I’m using 6mm as well as 15mm this time 🙂

Every weekend since December has been spent cutting/sanding/osmoing ply!

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Kayak, that really should have been a marble run! 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve been experimenting with nickel plating of Bromptons – polished and matt:

I prefer the matt finish 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 4,505 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.