Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 4,416 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • scotia
    Free Member

1st bathroom cupboard made..

edit… ok so how do i post photos again?!

tymbian
    Free Member

@ Scotia..I upload to photobucket then copy and paste the image code.

scotia
    Free Member

i tried from flickr, but whatever i do, with or without the img thingy it doesnt work..

photo 1 by a_gunstone, on Flickr

photo 3 by a_gunstone, on Flickr

photo 2 by a_gunstone, on Flickr

AlexSimon

Made from scratch scotia? (apart from the basins)

scotia
    Free Member

@ AlexSimon – yup.. ‘designed’ by myself, modelled in 3-D during my lunchbreaks and cut and joined myself. Was a first use of my router and plung saw..festool is nice stuff!

AlexSimon

Very nice indeed – especially neat handle details.

scotia
    Free Member

thanks! I just hung the cabinet saturday.. was an experience..

The 2nd one is being started..

theres more photos on my flickr, dont know how to link that here?

househusband

theres more photos on my flickr, dont know how to link that here?

I wouldn’t; you’ve got a reasonable wine collection and you’ll only leave yourself open to ridicule theft…

bigdean

28 tooth thick thin ring

Edit: has the way to post pictures from flickr changed? Cant seem to get it to work.

AlexSimon

bigdean – Member

28 tooth thick thin ring

Edit: has the way to post pictures from flickr changed? Cant seem to get it to work.
    Go to the share icon which should take you to “Grab the HTML/BBCode”
    Then make sure you hit the radio button “BBCode”

mick_r

Another STW oversize balance bike – ready to strip down and go in a box. Hopefully an update on the main thread soon…..
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/project-balance-bike-for-my-autistic-son

Works with 20″, 24″ and 26″ (26″ skinny tyres only as per photo) so covers an age range from about 7 to 12+.

Forks are Redline cruiser BMX, all the rest of the frame I made. Dropouts and bolt on disc mount (bolt on to correct a little mistake….) are hand cut.

bigdean

28 tooth thick thin by Dean-B1, on Flickre

Yay. Thats a faf with chrome trying to kick me out ofvthe popup all the time, plus the html/bb code is not an option in the app.

bencooper
    Free Member

Interesting – are you able to do other chainrings?

Another Rohloff Disc Brompton:

AlexSimon

Amazing balance bike!
    Very inspired by all the things on here. The thread that keeps giving.

bencooper
    Free Member

Hope hub for a Brompton:

cybicle
    Free Member

I made a makeshift lathe using a pillar drill and an old bearing unit to mill a Hope 135mm axle down to 130mm, and was very proud of my endeavours.

Seeing this thread makes me want to go and sob quietly in the corner to myself, and dwell on my true uselessness. 😥

sargey

A pair of posh bin store cupboards in powder coated aluminium.

jemima
    Free Member

Rough as a badgers but was made from scraps and didn’t cost £80. Quite fun it was too 🙂

beej

Fridge magnets.

househusband

A old Record No.6 vice, an original ‘Made in England’, bolted down to an old guillotine base from school workshop and some solid oak worktop left over from new kitchen. It may not be the prettiest but is pretty darn stable – think it weighs about same as me…

cozz
    Free Member

the other day at work I made this

from this, its what I do
    http://www.bonsai.co.uk

bencooper
    Free Member

How old is that? And do you prune continuously, or do you just let it grow until a certain age then prune?

leffeboy

It’s great looking at cozz’s post on a tablet as initially you just see the top of the tree. Then as you scroll up it looks like a tree in a humungous pot 😀

letmetalktomark

@ Ben ….. What’s the deal with the hub.

Looks like it’s had its axle and cassette shortened but what’s with the groove in the cassette body.

Not being Brompton oh fey it’s puzzling me 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

@ Ben ….. What’s the deal with the hub.

Brompton 2-speeds use normal (ish) sprockets on a shortened freehub body, held on with a circlip – that’s what the groove is for.

letmetalktomark

Ahhhh.

Thanks Ben 8)

cozz
    Free Member

its a western hemlock, about 12-14 years old, bought as in pic 2, trimmed, wired, styled and potted. ABout 2 hours work for me

Wire will stay on for about a year, then be removed, the branches will then stay set in that position, trimming of new growth will be needed to maintain its shame

Ambrose

Maintain it’s shame? Has it been naughty?

bencooper
    Free Member

Ah, interesting, thanks – so can one buy trees like that to bonsai yourself?

We’ve got a lovely Japanese Maple in the garden, in a pot – it’s pretty much bonsai-ing itself nicely, but unsure what kind of care it might need. At the moment it gets none at all.

samuri
    Free Member

Bitter by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

It tastes delicious and I brewed it by myself.
    Plus it’s a bit strong.
    I feel pissed after a couple of pints

cozz
    Free Member

yes ben, anyone can do it, but its easier if you’ve been doing it for 25 years

just like anyone can re-weld the back of a folding bike and chuck some discs and hub gears up it!!

easy when you know how and have the skill 😀

spacecadett
    Free Member

Cozz, I bought a lovely Chinese Elm from your place about a month ago. I’m in Mapperley. May see you round sometime !!

bencooper
    Free Member

yes ben, anyone can do it, but its easier if you’ve been doing it for 25 years

Oh, I’m sure 😉

I did try a bit with some trees, but mostly succeeded in killing them…

ebygomm
    Free Member

Busy making Christmas presents for nieces and nephews.

One tent for the Sylvanian families complete with sleeping bags 🙂

porter_jamie

chives
    Free Member

Got this welded up today – for a client in southern France, to accompany a similar dragonfly sculpture I made them about 12 years ago! (Nothing like a bit of repeat business!)

[/url]
    20131119_153930 [/img]

porter_jamie

the other side

LoCo
    Free Member

Needed an anchor point for some rope in the workshop:

photo 1 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

photo 3 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

photo 2 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

CountZero

As others have said before, this is the thread that just keeps on giving! So much lovely stuff by so many really handy people.
    Most recent thing I’ve done is made a nice belt from the brass fittings from a belt I bought years ago, I’ll try to remember to take some photos tomorrow, while there’s some decent daylight. Off to the pub shortly, nighty night! 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 4,416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.