What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)

Home Forum Chat Forum What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)

Viewing 45 posts - 811 through 855 (of 2,217 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • Do like this thread.

Mini looks a handfull! Also loving the cnc’d elm.

fasthaggis

They may have nicked the design from matchless 🙂

Made these, they aren’t finished. Just bare MDF at the minute. They’ll be joined by shelving across the middle of the chimney breast and we are going to get sliding door to go across the lot of it. The reason for the half rail in the nearest one is so the OH can hang long dresses without them getting crumpled at the bottom.

Untitled by NorthernMatt, on Flickr

Apologies for the fisheye effect, could only get it all to fit in panoramic mode on my phone.

tymbian

Summer-house project finshed all apart from a decorative ridge.. I wanted to get the cushions in before taking pics.

bencooper

Tandem trike frame:

24 tubes, 35 braze-ons, 35 fillet joints.

stuey

Magnificent tadpole, must of taking some time – I’m imagining an imposing head badge. 🙂

bencooper

Spent all of Saturday just filing the head tube fillets and adding cable guides – it has been quite a job, but off to paint next week at last 😉

Fantastic! Is your shop the kind where I could pop in and say hello? Love unusual bike bits and bobs.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Extra headtubes for Somafunk’s bike? When one snaps off just move down to the next, like an exacto knife.

Ben, where do you get your frames painted?.

I made a thing….

[/url]
    Untitled by passtherizla, on Flickr[/img]

…for my favourite records.

bencooper

Fantastic! Is your shop the kind where I could pop in and say hello? Love unusual bike bits and bobs.

Definitely 😉

Ben, where do you get your frames painted?.

I use ESP Powdercoating in Ruchill.

natrix

Great Tandem Trike there Ben. Did you know that nobody has yet set a record time for Lands End To John O Groats on a Tandem Trike (Women, or mixed)?? http://www.rra.org.uk/

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

Ben. I don’t get it. How does it steer? (not for a second suggesting this is an oversight on your part, I am just being ignorant!)

samuri

My guess is the bars will go in the centre pillar and then have linkages to the two wheels in the outer pillars.

bencooper

Yup, three headsets in a line. Two outer ones take normal forks (he wants to try suspension forks), centre one has the bars. Then tie rods with rose joints connect the centre stem to little stubs on the side forks. Angles will be tweaked to tune the Ackerman effect (wheels need to all turn around a common centre).

It’s very similar to how recumbent trike steering works.

The cool bit is it’s going to have a big rack across the front of the frame, to carry tent, sleeping bags etc.

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

Can’t wait to see the monster trikedem finished.

Premier Icon trout
    Subscriber

Just made a low loader wheelbarrow for the Singletraction trail builders
    for moving heavy boulders

Pic taken from afar so as to hide the welding 😳

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

The cool bit is it’s going to have a big rack across the front of the frame, to carry tent, sleeping bags etc.

Is that the rationale for it being a trike? – for load carrying capacity? or is it for a rider with balance problems?

bencooper

That is a brilliant wheelbarrow!

Is that the rationale for it being a trike? – for load carrying capacity? or is it for a rider with balance problems?

It’s for (in)famous Glasgow cyclist Dr Guthrie – he likes tricycles, but he breaks the back axles regularly on his Longstaff trikes. Plus, this way he can have a Rohloff without any complicated gearing setup.

Anyhow, in a break between building bikes, I made a book:

😉

Taken as I was bottling the latest batch. Turned in to a really nice, hoppy and clean session beer. Reckon it’s around 3.5% or so, but lots of flavour.

Crushed crystal malt and Goldings hops, by the way. .

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Ben, just had a look at the preview of your book. Good stuff!

I used to work in paper mills before the industry died on its arse. 🙁

docstar

Made this for a mate for his birthday.

stuarty

Porter_jamie …..
    Tell me thats not going to be an electric tt bike

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

The last thing I made was a very simple jig to make different sized circle templates with for use in our furniture classes. I also made a little video while doing it… 🙂

[video]http://vimeo.com/85999759[/video]

inspired by bencooper and porter-jamie: me and a friend did a spot of frame-modification.

Shortened and lowered the bike I use for polo – welded on some home-made dropouts and fitted some new seatstays.

Oh, and some details:

It now has 40mm bb drop and a 360mm(14.2″) rear end. That’s 2mm clearance from tyre to the seat-tube with 26 x 1.5″ slick tyres when the wheel’s slammed. Handcut track-ends with a 50mm slot and seatstays scavenged from an old trek. Still needs tidied up (top tangs need filed up to the weld) then it’s going to paint.

Super whippy to ride: 74 degree hta, 10mm rake fork, low BB and that tiny rear-end. loving it.

excuse the rust, first ride was in the rain and not had a chance to repaint it yet.

Premier Icon porter_jamie
    Subscriber

winner! tig, or gas?

samuri

cripes! I bet that turns fast.

Those wardrobes from a page or so back. Finished now bar a lick of paint. Sliding doors to follow when her ladyship decides what finish she wants. Quite chuffed with it, never really made anything like this before.

Wardrob by NorthernMatt, on Flickr

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

A f****** mess.

I know that feeling bn. We went through the mess phase a couple of months back, took us a while to get sorted as I couldn’t get much time off work but we start moving in on Monday. Definitely all worth it in the end.

Subscriber

Cheers Matt, I need to be living in here by the end of the month!

anono

Do i get a prize for campest post to this thread?

Subscriber

That’s ace! If you made the flowers, you definitely win this thread 8)

mayan

My off road / road commuter frame,
    Columbus steel, cast lugs, brass brazed, in the garage with an oxy/propane setup.

[/url]
    DSC_2997 by yandlem1, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
    DSC_2995 by yandlem1, on Flickr[/img]

After a disaster with the down tube, I had to chop off half the head tube / down tube lug and fillet braze it on. It looks like the downtube is held on with chewing gum!!
    Painted with rattle cans, it looks OK, but I dont expect it too last…

(I also made the jig!)
    [/url]
    DSC_2610 by yandlem1, on Flickr[/img]

I made a steak and ale pie.

And yes, that is ? on the top. I am that bad.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

ooh – missed a few of these – love this thread!

Oh, and I also recorded, produced, mixed and mastered this London Grammar cover with my friend singing:

https://soundcloud.com/the1fletch/bex-sweeney-strong-remaster

stuarty

Made a funny face

Is that steak and ale pie real….

Is thegiantbiker still alive….

Wonders when porter jamie releises his talents are wasted,,,,,,

Carbonfibers the future yip son cloth n glue tis the future
    Prepares the gumtree advert
    For sale one bikeshaped anchor

stuarty

Sorry lost all respect when the kawasaki wheel went in….lol

Viewing 45 posts - 811 through 855 (of 2,217 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.