Home Forums Chat Forum What Bed Base?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Bed Base?
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

Boring I know but I need a new bed base. I was hoping to get it when we move but we have an old metal framed bed with slats that have lost any resistance and sag not long after I flip and rotate – it’s end of life now. These slats are not helping my Emma mattress either.

Have slatted beds improved over the years – cos it seems most bed bases are slatted – or do we get a divan – which my wife is less enamoured with?

midlifecrashes

If you were hoping to delay until a house move, why not re-slat your current boneshaker for now?

Plenty of ready cut slats on the ‘Bay and that website named after a river.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Ikea. Predictable I know but …

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Midlife crashes – that’s not a bad idea if it’s cheap to do so.

Reggiegasket – no problem with IKEA at all but divan or slatted again in the hope they don’t sag ?

timber

Sheet of ply on top of the existing slats if short term. Like a divan without the ugly and still useful after you move and replace.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Good shout, thanks Timber.

frankconway
    Free Member

Get one of these https://www.catherineleighbeds.co.uk/antique-bed-bases/

I’ve got one on a victorian bed frame; it replaced the original metal sprung base and slats.
    Properly made, well finished, easy to secure in place – just the job.
    10/10 from me.

Tracey

As above we have three of the bed bases on old beds instead of the old springs, they rest on the bed irons. The first one we bought, the other two we made and covered at a fraction of the cost.

https://www.edwardianbedding.co.uk/

They also took the camper mattress apart and fitted a topper inside cheaper than buying and modifying one

zbonty

My bed base is five (clean/tidy) pallets! Good quality sprung mattress on top. Very comfy and cost nothing.

sirromj

Dear spammer, I’m not sure STW is full of high intensity people, so nice try but wasted effort.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Bed Base?’ is closed to new replies.