Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Wgho else wants a Singular Puffin??
  • boltonjon

Shameless reminder for all those interested to pledge some money

If you don’t, then the crowd funding might fail, and i won’t get my Fatbike in February! 🙁

Singular crowd-sources a fat (trail) bike.

They’ve raised £11.6K from a target of £20K

Not far to go now guys – so get pledging!! 🙂

Cheezpleez

I’d love one but it’s never going to happen 🙁

boltonjon

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!! 🙂

Clobber
    Free Member

I’d love one but if you’re going to buy a fatty why would you choose this over the on-one fatty?

This is not a dig, I am a Singular fan BTW.

I suppose it’s the same as why buy a swift over an inbred but it just seems less important when you’re on 4inch tyres…

boltonjon

I’ve been toying with the idea of a On-One Fatty for a couple of months – but the Singular option really appealed to me

I suppose I’m just keen on helping a small British business get something unusual of the ground

Sam

if you’re going to buy a fatty why would you choose this over the on-one fatty?

I’d like to think a few reasons, but fundamentally they are quite different bikes. Not least the OO being al whereas yhe Puffin is steel. The geometry is also very different, plus the Puffin will look much nicer. Shiggy’s comments on my Facebook page were quite interesting.

Candodavid
    Free Member

The on-one actually is quite gopping compared to the Puffin….in my opinion.
    Has to look aesthetically correct

brant
    Free Member

The geometry is also very different, plus the Puffin will look much nicer. Shiggy’s comments on my Facebook page were quite interesting.

Hmm.

dawson

{wonders if something is about to kick off…}

Sam

I wasn’t wanting to make any negative inferences about the On One – I’ve ridden one a bit and liked it, but I wanted to create something quite different from it – which I think the Puffin will be. All comments are obviously IMO only.

swavis

I’d love to buy a Puffin, I already have a Gryphon. But I also have a Mukluk and don’t need/have room/can afford another bike.

Sam

The good thing is, nearly all the bits from your Mukluk will swap straight over 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(double post edit)

swavis

Arrrrgggghhh, stop it!! 😆

rOcKeTdOg

Want, yes. Afford? No 🙁

cr500dom
    Free Member

I did check the link, and it does appeal.
    I`m just not sure I can face going back to that kind of bike weight to ride in the flatlands

Martin.B
    Free Member

Sam, im waiting for the 29+ 😉

drofluf
    Free Member

I’m in!

mikemorini
    Free Member

“Sam, im waiting for the 29+ ”

Me too.

Ringo
    Free Member

I’ve gone for a puffin over the onone, 2 main reasons are the onone doesn’t have the option of being SS the other reason is its an on one.

kcal

lol @swavis 🙂

OH will never notice (on second thoughts, probably will..)

steveoath
    Free Member

Will it be available as a full build post kickstarter?

kinda666
    Free Member

Gingo –
    I’ve gone for a puffin over the onone, 2 main reasons are the onone doesn’t have the option of being SS the other reason is its an on one.

Plus the decals on the on one would clash with your hair.. 😀

boltonjon

2 more backers in the last 24 hours!! Wahoo!

doof_doof
    Free Member

The on-one actually is quite gopping compared to the Puffin….in my opinion.

This.

boltonjon

Received an email from Sam today saying they only need 10 more backers – great news!! 🙂

andylaightscat
    Free Member

9 needed now 😀

Sam

Yeah, we are looking good to get there now!

steveoath – Member
    Will it be available as a full build post kickstarter?

I will be offering hubs and headsets if it happens, and will also be able to take on a limited number of complete builds.

Clobber
    Free Member

Cranks & Bottom brackets?

takisawa2

29+ for me also.

drofluf
    Free Member

Now over £16k! Nearly there!

Sam

Should be able to source cranks and BB’s as well.

Takisawa, I didn’t want to make the chainstays an inch longer. There is a dedicated 29+ bike in the pipeline.

s-keeper

I know I might be in an uneconomical minority, but if the Puffin were available in small (with ETT like a medium Gryphon) I’d buy it in a heartbeat at the full price! I assume it is possible, since the head angle and offset make the front-centre long like the Gryphon.

Sam

It’s a possibility s-keeper – if we overshoot the target by a good amount then I may well order a few in a smaller size.

ratherbeintobago

I notice the target’s been reached.

cr500dom
    Free Member

That’s good news, but lack of a small size keeps me “Out” for the time being

johnnygooner
    Free Member

I keep looking at Fat bikes in general and keep wondering. I do fancy one but it would only ever be as a 2nd or maybe even 3rd choice. Its very hard ti ignore the On One Fatty bundle for £500. Like many, I have a stack of bike flotsam knocking about and all I’d need on top of that bundle would be a bottom bracket. And I’d defo want it in readiness for winters gloop. Think I’ve just talked myself into one!

cr500dom
    Free Member

I really like the look of the Specialized Fatboy, but £2500 for the expert model is a lot to splash on a bike without a demo….
    The Puffin looks lovely, but sadly not my size

yorlin
    Free Member

It looks pretty cool – I’m a novice at bike building though – how much would a pretty basic set of components set me back?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Wgho else wants a Singular Puffin??’ is closed to new replies.