Home Forums Bike Forum Weatherproof d-lock

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Weatherproof d-lock
  • gotbike
    Free Member

Id like to be able to leave a d lock at work. At the back there’s a fence that everyone uses to leave their locks hanging up, which is in between a couple of buildings but not covered. I had an onguard d lock that estates had to angle grind off for me this morning after a night shift, after it being outside in the awful weather over Monday and Tuesday meant it seized up, frustratingly only after I’d unlocked it to get it off the fence then relocked my bike with it.

Can anyone recommend a lock that they leave outside in all conditions that is a bit tougher against the weather? Kryptonite seem to have a slightly different locking system for example – is there one that’s particularly good against water ingress?

Thanks

MoreCashThanDash

I left an Onguard lock at work for a few years – cycle shed had a roof but it was still pretty exposed,  I just used to blast it with WD40 or chain lube every couple of months and it survived OK.

oldnpastit

Grease. Lots of it.

Northwind

Definitely NOT onguard IME, you can keep them going with effort and oiling but they’re not built for weather. Awesome value, they do some very useful locks for peanuts but weather is their one failing.

Ah curses securityforbikes are out of shackles for their excellent d-locks (but not out of locking parts!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.