Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 8,695 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • Reign_Man
    Free Member

Bit late to the party but here are my two Seiko’s, a SKX007K with a Hirsch Robby sail cloth strap and my favorite, a Prospex Black Turtle.

null

tthew

Nope, can’t see them!

Reign_Man
    Free Member

I’ll try again null

neilnevill
    Free Member

nope, me neither

Reign_Man
    Free Member

null

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I can’t get it to work either. Watches look nice – if you open them in a new tab…

Reign_Man
    Free Member

well, I’ll just use the technical issue excuse for now, let me find another hosting site. Not sure why it wont show but will in a new tab

tthew

Aah, google drive. That’s the reason. It’s a signing in thing I think. I still use Imgur, but postimage is popular.

Reign_Man
    Free Member

ignore, failed again

neilnevill
    Free Member

if its ggogle drive its not o bad, if its google photos (and the 2 no longer sync) its more pain. they need to be in a shared album. or you pick up the sharing link and use someting like
    https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/?_ga=2.70868752.1677659797.1570106248-970252963.1570106245
    to turn th sharing link into an embed code. that seems to work here (for me) but not on some websites…annoying!!!

Reign_Man
    Free Member

Lets give it one more go

I only had the 007 for about 2 months then managed to get a black turtle, have worn it every day for about 18 months now, love it, although it seems large, its very comfortable. I do like that new Seiko Green Sumo though.

Kato

Nice. Love an SKX

cookeaa

Thought I’d just add some pictures of my recently modded amphibia:

null

null

Very much a work in progress but it’s looking a bit more distinctive than it did when I started with it…

tthew

That’s cool. Any pictures of it before?

matt_outandabout

Right folks, some advice.
    As you can tell from my Casio, I’ve no taste…

18th birthday present, £100-150 maximum for a nice dressier watch (he has roughty-tufty Timex already).

That said, I know he will end up wearing it lots – and is tough on kit.

He likes slightly plainer face, leather strap (maybe NATO type thing), ideally fewer face numbers or wording but would have chronograph (maybe)

So maybe this without hour numbers:

null

Or this (never heard of Wagstaff watches).

null

He liked a green Seiko too.

Kryton57

MOAB – that Seiko is an Snda57.  Theres a few on here with those (me, CFH) and they are good “military” watches available in quartz or as a mechanical.

cb200
    Free Member

@nicko74 I have a well used, but functional and solid Seamaster clasp, micro adjustments etc. if you need it. I’m out of the country at the moment, but can check suitability etc when I get back.

Currently admiring the Rolex specimens available here 😂

tthew

@matt_outandabout I’ve got a quartz Seiko like that redundant in my drawer. If your lad likes it he can have it, not for a birthday present or anything, I was thinking of offering it up on here anyway because I’m unlikely to use it again. Needs a new battery, but in quite decent nick.

johnners
    Free Member

He liked a green Seiko too

How about a green Seiko chronograph? I’ve got one of these, the dial has a lovely green sunburst – I’m a sucker for a green watch!

JL are after £219 but I’d rather go ebay at <£140 or Creation Watches for £98 myself. If you’re hit for Duty you’re still quids in vs JL.

I’d give the Wagstaff a swerve myself, you’d be much better off trawling AliExpress for something admittedly Chinese rather than something somebody’s just overprinted and added a mark-up to.

MrSmith
    Free Member

if you like green and like seiko then have a look at the alpinist, they are bringing out some new ones soon.

LS
    Free Member

This is my dad’s old service watch that he was issued with in the mid-60s due to the fact that hecompeted in the army as a rally driver.
    It lay dead in a drawer for 25 years (long story) until a few months ago when I decided to have it looked at – turned out that all it needed was a strip and clean, a new crystal plus a bit of paint on the bezel. I now have it on a rally strap in tribute and at 37mm diameter it fits my skinny wrists perfectly.
    null

I’ve just ordered a G-Shock I’ve been wanting for some time – and I guarantee 99% of you will hate it, but I don’t care 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hzcwBs]2019-10-23_11-31-32[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

tthew

This is my dad’s old service watch that he was issued with in the mid-60s

Can’t see anything LS!

LS
    Free Member

Hmm, odd, it’s showing on my screen! Will try again…

tthew

Ah yes, you’ve sort of fixed it, but I see a blurred image with a whopping big Photobucket watermark over it. What exactly is it? Looks quite nice.

cookeaa

That’s cool. Any pictures of it before?

This is what it looked like a bit under a year ago:

‘KGB’ Dial, horrid cheap strap, but I liked that hidden lugs and pillow retro case shape, It’s an old Amphibia I got for ~£25 and it’s been chopped about a bit since.

Anyway, great cheap, mechanical watches for modding and not having to worry about breaking the things…

LS
    Free Member

Oh I give up – it’s a Lator chronograph!

derek_starship
    Free Member

LS – that is rather ace.

200m too. And Incabloc protection. Cool.

matt_outandabout

@johnners that’s the one we saw – he likes that…

@tthew
    I’ll pm you.

RustySpanner

This is a very pleasant thread to browse.

I wasn’t that fussed initially, but the enthusiasm has won me over.

Always loved cheap Casios and have a few.
    Couple of cheap Timex too.
    Ironically, the one I save for special occasions is the cheapest, the F91-W, because the current straps are rubbish.
    Couple of G Shocks which I love – metal cased versions appeal for their naffness 🙂.

Am wary of mechanicals – Seiko 5’s haven’t lasted me long in the past, so I’ve avoided them ever since. The Alpinist appeals so much, another fan of green.
    Might dip my toe in with a Bambino.

A nice, quality quartz/dilithium crystal/whatever diver would be lovely, the more understated the better.

Say £250?

Any pointers more than welcome and I’ll reread the thread, must be something up there. 🙂

penguinni

….

penguinni

johnners
    Free Member

@johnners that’s the one we saw – he likes that…

He’s a man of excellent taste! Seriously though, it looks better in the flesh, the sunburst on the dial and sub dials is lovely. It’s quite “glittery”, there’s a fair bit of gold colour on the hands and indices but I think it looks good against the green, and it dresses up well with a leather strap or down with a MN or NATO. I’d budget for a strap if I were you – I’ve never used the strap that came with it so maybe it breaks in OK but it’s rather plasticky and stiff out of the box. And less than a ton at Creation is a bargain, I paid £130-ish at Amazon last year and thought I’d done pretty well.

lunge

Rusty, not quartz, they’re auto’s, but have a look at the Orient Ray’s and Mako’s on Creation Watches. About the right price and great watches for the moment.

johnners
    Free Member

A nice, quality quartz/dilithium crystal/whatever diver would be lovely, the more understated the better.

Say £250?

I agree with lunge, if you fancy risking an automatic there’s a lot of value in the lower end Orient diver’s watches. The Kamasu is worth a look and with sapphire is a little quality bump up from the Mako, and they even do a green one! Willowswatches on ebay are punting them out for under £200, I think theirs might even have a green bezel rather than the black one on the US website pic.

wait4me

I like that Lator, LS. Definitely looks nicer outside of a sock drawer!

I’m still very tempted by an Alpinist, not seen one in the flesh but everyone seems to love the green face.

johnners
    Free Member

I’m still very tempted by an Alpinist

Not helped any by lack of natural light but here’s mine, I’ve just put it on a Parnis jubilee. It’s not too bad a fit but the clasp is an abomination. Unfortunately it’s got a spring bar one side and the other’s screw-in so a bit tricky to replace.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh my that g-shock is special. How big is it? It looks massive!

Cb200, of that a Cellini?

penguinni

This has been a cracker thread! Always liked the Seikos so inspired by this thread I got this one today from eBay. Its lovely…circa 1987.

CountZero

@johnners – not usually my style of watch, but I love the retro 30’s-50’s style of the Alpinist, very tasteful indeed!

@penguinni
    – nice diver! Love the face, very clear indices and hands.
    What model is that, I’m not that au fait with all their divers, they do have a habit of dropping models, like the SP045RK, or having a variety of different faces and hands on one case and movement.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 8,695 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.