Viewing 40 posts - 5,121 through 5,160 (of 8,695 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Has Omologato been covered yet? Just bought a Le Mans 59 and it’s beautiful in the flesh. I’m hoping the quality is not just skin deep with this brand. Not too familiar with them but I just loved the look of the watch and I’m a bit of a motorsport fan.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Nope, pics, details, review?

airvent
    Free Member

Christ those are overpriced. Probably about double what they should be for whats in them.

GTDave
    Free Member

I must stop buying watches!
    Current daily beater is a nice Citizen Promaster dive, with full lume dial:

Promaster

sas78

GT Dave I have a black dial NY0040 which I have had for 20 years. Never serviced, battered and bruised, lume gone blotchy but the thing keeps going and keeps pretty accurate time. The NY0040 is a beast and I prefer it to the SKX007. There I said it. Hahah

Kryton57

I’ve been looking at the new pro master actually. I’d quite like one but am in a “don’t need another watch” phase.

SSS
    Free Member
    Kryton57

Unfortunately I don’t like it. If I were to get one, it’d be this green one.

SSS
    Free Member

@Kryton57 maybe explains why its half price, not many others like it either 😀

alpineharry
    Free Member

Where would people put their money for between £1000-£1500?

After something sporty/ dressy. Im leaning towards the Tudor 1926 with the white dial and blue numbers but thought I’d see if anyone had any alternatives

Saccades
    Free Member

SPB161J1

neilnevill
    Free Member

Does it have to be new?

alpineharry
    Free Member

Not necessarily, no.

Kryton57

SPB161J1

Thats very nice – a quick google search shows it at half price too.

GTDave
    Free Member

Trying again with the image this time, rather than a broken link!

unnamed

tthew

Ooh, a left hander!

ctk
    Free Member

Full lume Promaster is the best Promaster imo (I have one!)

SSS
    Free Member

£1500 budget?

I’d consider an Ebel 1911 Discovery (used)

Ebel

neilnevill
    Free Member

Would a quartz be ok? A 2 month old grand seiko sbgx261….I know the whereabouts of one at 50 quid inside budget.

TheFlyingOx

What’s the thought on Speedmasters, specifically old vs new? An unexpected bonus from work has added to my watch fund and has brought my favourite within reach a couple of years early, at least for a pre-loved one. Is there any reason I shouldn’t go for a “vintage” 2000/2010 era vs saving up a bit more to get a new one? I’m factoring in a service for an older one.

Kamakazie

If definitely go with a GS quartz of some kind if second hand.

If new then some other options that could fit the bill:
    Milus Snow Star
    Pinion Neutron
    Longines Heritage Marine Nationale

But to be honest, there are so many in this of category, you are spoilt for choice.

SSS
    Free Member

£1500?

What about a Bell and Ross Vintage 123 (used)?

BR Vintage 123

Bell and Ross were all the rage where I worked 10 year ago

walowiz

Do like that dressage seiko SPB161J1, that’s Lovely.

Serious question, is there any benefit to sinking a grand+ in a quartz versus automatic watch ?

neilnevill
    Free Member

To some the mechanical movement matters, to others it doesn’t. To some a quality movement matters, a quartz and a mechanical can both be high or low quality.

Quartz is convenient but ultimately less sexy these days.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh and price doesn’t really come into it

sprocker
    Free Member

Similar to above after ideas up to £1,800 for something to add to collection following getting a promotion. I have a tag aquaracer, Seiko presage, Farer. Happy used if people have anything for sale or new. Ideally auto.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Just sharing a PSA I just saw on tz-uk as I think a few years might take advantage.

PSA: New Seiko 5 SSK GMT 20% off at WatchNation
    If anyone’s looking for one, there’s 20% off the new Seiko SSK GMTs at Watch Nation if you use the code FATHER20 at checkout. I’m sure these are available at a discount on other sites but 20% seems pretty good:

https://www.watchnation.com/product-…ports-ssk-gmt/

TheFlyingOx

Switched out the case and strap from my DIY watch, didn’t think the dial matched the explorer-style, so…

I think it looks much better now.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh my, yes, yes it does! Applause?

Kato

Any of you Seamaster owners have the Omega rubber strap for it?  I bought mine on the bracelet but was looking for a rubber strap as I find them more comfortable.  Didn’t want to put a cheap strap on an expensive watch, so was looking at the proper one.  Don’t know what your thoughts on it were if you had one?

Tried my luck at the AD I bought it from and they offered me the rubber and deployment clasp for 280 when the retail is 450.  Was the same price as the retail on the rubber and pin buckle so I couldn’t say no.  4-6 week wait though

SSS
    Free Member

No. Wear NATOs with mine.

Not a fan of rubber straps. From friends opinions they seem to wear/degrade too quickly.

neilnevill
    Free Member

No I find rubber sweaty but the look of great so I put mine on a black sail cloth with white stitching. I believe the Omega rubber strap is good quality. Also look at rubberB.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Found it, a current thread on tz about the best rubber straps
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?487865-Is-there-one-rubber-strap-to-rule-them-all

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh dear. I have a dilemma. Seen a watch I’d love to try out come available but can’t justify the spend. I’d have to clear a couple from the collection at least to raise some funds. Arrrggh!

SSS
    Free Member

Do it. Worry about it later.

And what’s the watch?

tthew

Is it one of them multicoloured Titanium G Shocks? They’ve just been released today. Nice.

neilnevill
    Free Member

No thankfully I detest G-Shocks.

Would anyone be interested in my sbdc059/spb081j1 ? And maybe the zelos abyss?

TheFlyingOx

This little treasure popped through the letterbox last week. Been wearing occasionally, seems to keep very good time, approx. +5s/day by my current estimate. I like it a lot, feels very purposeful.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Way too much writing on these new all-metal G-Shocks:

Kryton57

Way too much money, that’s £1500 they want for that.

In other news I spent the weekend in Barcelona and in the watch section of a mall with pretty much most main brands you could mention on display.

Couldn’t get interested in any of them and all of them were the equivalent pricing in Euro to Pounds here so no savings to be had. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 5,121 through 5,160 (of 8,695 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.