Viewing 40 posts - 4,081 through 4,120 (of 8,695 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • kilo

Pilot Watches. There isn’t any one style that characterizes a pilot watch.

Indeed, the first dedicated pilot watch ever being the Cartier Santos, which is pretty far from the stereotype , slide rule on a wrist, pilot watch.

derek_starship
    Free Member

The £20 Lorus looking much better on an olive green NATO from GS&W.

boblo
    Free Member

neilnevill
    Free Member
    I have that watch on order boblo

As they say in faux posh restaurants: ‘good choice’. Inexplicably DHL seem to have delivered mine whilst I was out on the Club ride today 😊 I seem to have some explaining to do… 😜

Stealth ad for a 2007 VGC blue Omega Seamaster Co Ax. Never raced or rallied. PM if interested.

tthew

Oh heck. Impulse buy after watching Just One More Watch the other night. Looked a lot better on the screen with moving pictures showing off the dial rather than static promo shots. Hmm, keep it or return it – that’s why I’ve not taken the stickers off or resized the bracelet.

chewkw
    Free Member

Anybody owns a Grand Seiko Military from the 80s yet?

I can’t seem to find the photo for it now … arrghhh …

p/s: found it this one … bloody hell the price of it …

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh dear boblo! My wife knows one ordered it. She knows I’ve been saving for it for ages. I’m actually getting it early, it’s a 50th present to myself, but buying now before the rumoured price rise and because it’s getting incredibly difficult to get a decent discount on Omega.

jackal
    Free Member

Continuing the white dial seamaster theme:

Not particularly common though 🙂

Kato

I am after a Bulova Accutron II Surveyor with a silver/white dial.  Model number is 96B213.  They have been discontinued for 3/4 years now but don’t seem to come up for sale 2nd hand.  Can you give me a shout if you see one anywhere? Thanks

Looks like this

Kato

boblo
    Free Member

Not particularly common though 🙂

That’s nice. I also quite like the Daytona’s for the white dial but puked a bit at current pricing/availability… I didn’t strike when I considered them ‘affordable’ – no way now though Rolys seem to be a good investment.

The ‘common’ comment on blue Seamasters was meant as ‘popular’ rather than ‘chavy’. I’ve 3 friends with them and have always felt a bit dissatisfied with mine. I suppose I bought it as it was cheap (if multi £k’s can be described as cheap for a watch…).

The white one looks great in the pics. Mine’s still in the DHL box in the hall waiting for the big reveal/row 😂

Kato

Yeah when I said common it was more a popular thing as it seemed the blue Seamaster was the default choice for a diver

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>its certainly why I have one. Didn’t know much about watches at the time but I had just seen Goldeneye</span>

Scapegoat

The ‘common’ comment on blue Seamasters was meant as ‘popular’ rather than ‘chavy’. I’ve 3 friends with them and have always felt a bit dissatisfied with mine. I suppose I bought it as it was cheap (if multi £k’s can be described as cheap for a watch…).

It’s a strange old world, but I wanted a Seamaster Diver, and exactly because they’re so instantly recognisable, steered away from the SMP. Don’t get me wrong, I think the SMP is an absolute stunner, but I ended up with a Planet Ocean and couldn’t be happier with it.

I think that for me, the appeal of certain Omega’s is their understated excellence. I treated myself to an Aqua Terra when I retired. Part of my thinking is a steer away from the overt, while thinking that those who know, know.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Nice ‘great white’ jackal. As you say, not so common. I’ve always rather liked the blue seamaster, back to the bond one. The black is nice too. I tried the blue a couple of times before settling on my pelagos and glad I did as the white and black colourway came along soon after and I just thought😍. The white dialed ceramic Daytona is beautiful but I’d never afford or get on the list. The zenith chronomaster sport is also a looker and of I could have got one at a good discount I’d have been very tempted.
    Shortly my collection will be black dialed po, blue pelagos, green 62mas, and white seamaster.

johnners
    Free Member

Hmm, keep it or return it – that’s why I’ve not taken the stickers off or resized the bracelet

I’m afraid I like everything about it except the dial!

tthew

I’m afraid I like everything about it except the dial!

Fair enough johnners, If we all liked the same things, there’d only be one kind of watch! (and it’d probably be a blue dial Seamaster diver if the above conversation is anything to go by. 😁)

I’m going to do the sticker removal tonight.

boblo
    Free Member

I’m going to do the sticker removal tonight.

Video it in best Utoob/vlogger/influencer stylee. Extra points for plastic finger nails and an orange face (you not the watch) 😊

boblo
    Free Member

gaidong
    Free Member

If any of you are interested in a bit of Stowa action they’re running their Christmas calendar event at the moment – https://www.stowa.de/en/Adventskalender/. Hours are a bit antisocial! I want me a nice crunchy 6498 to fiddle with at the weekends…

boblo
    Free Member

Here you go, old and new Seamasters:

20211202-181339

Quite like the white face 👍

Kato

That’s lovely.  I’d keep them both!

boblo
    Free Member

I’d keep them both!

I think that might just have happened…🙄 Just in the interests of good investments obv… 🙃

Merak

tthew

I was going to comment that there was a lovely Hamilton field watch like that back on page 1 Merak, but I see it’s the same one! 😁

Kato

Would love it if Omega tapered the Seamaster bracelet

Kato

@Merak That’s a beauty!

neilnevill
    Free Member

I agree! That photo shows how the older bracelet was much more rounded. The new one looks a bit weird bring flat and untapered. It’s a quality bracelet and the micro adjustable clasp is fabulous bit it’s oddly styled. I’ve ordered it on the bracelet as it’s stupid not to, but it’ll come straight off. I actually think it looks incredible on the black rubber, only rubber straps feel sweaty to me so I’ve got a black cordura sail cloth with white stitching and a formex deployant with micro adjustment.

Kato

Where did you get the Formex deployant from?

neilnevill
    Free Member

I got two brand new ones from a guy on tz-uk. The essence butterfly, this one https://formexwatch.com/accessories/essence-clasp-with-fine-adjustment/

Want one? I do have 2 watches I want to fit them to but until I try them I can’t be sure I’ll fall in love, so I may have one, or both, to sell on in a month or so.

Scapegoat

Would love it if Omega tapered the Seamaster bracelet

The Seamaster Planet Ocean tapers 21mm to 18mm, as does the Seamaster Aqua Terra. Both very comfortable IMHO. I love the simplicity of the Planet Ocean three link design, and the micro-adjust clasp is a joy.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I agree, despite my po being a great big heavy ‘lump’ it’s comfortable, probably my must comfortable, watch to wear and that’s largely because it’s bracelet is great. I don’t even have the micro adjustable clasp, just sized by a half link. (I do fancy upgrading the clasp at some point though). The simple brushed ‘Oyster’ styling it great.

If I want to wear the seamaster on a bracelet, an ‘authentic’ omega style, then this is easy….
    US1450 Bracelet (Omega Seamaster 300m)

If you look up the 1450 speedy bracelet on uncleseiko.co.uk you’ll see it doesn’t mention fitting the seamaster… You may think ‘are the end links the same?’…. No they aren’t, but .UK is getting the seamaster ELs in a few months…. I’ve already asked and got that from uncle in UK himself. I reckon I’ll get one.

Kato

Yeah let me know if you decide to move one on. More out of curiosity!

boblo
    Free Member

Bracelet adjusted and in situ. The little screws are a special flavour of Swiss cheddar plus threadlock… A little bit of heatgun soon had them out 👍

sas78

That white dial is very pretty.

Wally

HELLO – Just arrived from the USA. Bought on the strength of Jodie’s SWC Bunker review and I wanted a smaller watch with the same lume and anti-reflective qualities.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Yay! My white seamaster arrived today. Theoretically I have to put it away for 18 months until my 50th. Hard.

boblo
    Free Member

Theoretically I have to put it away for 18 months until my 50th

Bolleaux! Get it worn. You’ll be able to buy something else for your 50th as well as it’ll be ‘old’ by then 😝

neilnevill
    Free Member

Also arrived for me was the blue sail cloth with white Stitching ordered from Etsy. Formex deployant fitted (although it came with a gorgeous big Pam style buckle). It looks fabulous on my pelagos and hopefully the deployant will stop the fraying tthew spike of as I can imagine it happening now I have it in my hand.
    One immediately noticeable potential downside is the strap plus deployant is a fair thickness under my wrist. It’s light though. I’ll get some pictures in daylight tomorrow

boblo
    Free Member

It looks fabulous on my pelagos

That’s a euphemism if ever I heard one. We don’t want pics of that thankyouverymuch…🙃

neilnevill
    Free Member

Lol!

sas78

This is cool, Brooke Shields is cool. She’s got two amazing Rolex the Air King and the Batman GMT. Some interesting stories hlbehind the watches too. She’s a watch nerd too. Amazing.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,081 through 4,120 (of 8,695 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.