Home Forums Chat Forum Wasp sting, advice

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Wasp sting, advice
  • neil853
    Free Member

I got stung by a wasp on Wednesday, the swelling wasn’t too bad on the first day but since then the area around the ankle (where i was stung) has swollen so much that its painful to walk and affecting movement. I took some benadryl ysterday and today i’ve had some ibuprofen. Reckon I should just let it run its course or head to the doctors?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Same as you, except I was stung on the head. The area around my right eye is swollen and I’m now taking Antihistamines to reduce the swelling. It’s not painful though.

peterfile
    Free Member

swollen so much that its painful to walk and affecting movement

Doctors.

I’ve been stung so many times it’s like i’m a wasp magnet (face, mouth, testicles, kneecaps, including one incident when I was stug about 40 times on the leg after kicking a wasps nest), and I’ve never had a reaction like that.

Sounds like you’ve had some sort of allergic reaction, I’d get it checked. Worth knowing for future in case you’re ever stung somewhere more important :)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

find other wasps and murder them all. the satisfying feelings of retribution/revenge will mask your pain.

fenred
    Free Member

Antihistamine tablets twice a day and get some benadryl cream and rub on affected area…

neil853
    Free Member

the ibuprofen seems to be taking affect though now, just got up from my desk and it’s undoubtably better. Just don’t want to waste a doctors time……

PJM1974
    Free Member

Wasps. The only thing they understand and respect is napalm.

Use it with all prejudice.

stumpy01

I think stings and bites are always worse around your lower leg & you end up with loads of fluid sitting in the area.
    A mate got bitten by a horsefly last year in Spain & he ended up with a cankle, where the calf & ankle merged into one swollen mess.

Keeping his foot elevated in the evening helped, but during the day it would swell up like a balloon.
    I had a similar bite while camping this year on my lower leg & it swelled very badly.

I’d whack some savlon/germolene on the bite area too, just to stop any infection.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

An update to my wasp sting swelling.

The swelling has started to encroach my eye with sweats and a headache so I phoned my local surgery for advise and they told me to come in to see a doctor. He checked my pulse, tongue(for swelling) and airways which were all fine and he sent me on my way. He’s recommended that I take Piriton 3 times a day along with Ibuprofen and Paracetamol for any pain and the swelling.

HTH.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I got stung twice on the face 1 by each eye riding at Stainburn a couple of months ago and it took a good week for swelling to go down. It actually got worse before it got better!

neil853
    Free Member

I’m taking these one a day benadryls, reckon I can take more than that or not? shall I just stick to the one a day?

higthepig
    Free Member

find other wasps and murder them all. the satisfying feelings of retribution/revenge will mask your pain.

Got stung a few years ago on the throat (still have a red mark), decided to kill every wasp I could find, carefully put them in a sealed jar on the windowsill as a warning to other wasps. Fine for about a month, then opened the jar to put another victim in, it had been festering in the sun and I got a lung full of the putrid smell, closest I’ve ever been to a five-finger spread without booze to blame. Still take great delight in killing the b’stards though. Where exactly do they fit in the food chain?

fenred
    Free Member

I took two a day plus antihist cream…I live to tell the tale :wink:

glenh
    Free Member

I’ve been stung so many times it’s like i’m a wasp magnet (face, mouth, testicles, kneecaps, including one incident when I was stug about 40 times on the leg after kicking a wasps nest), and I’ve never had a

WTF 8O

Do you deliberately seek them out and cover yourself in jam?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

after kicking a wasps nest

Stop kicking wasp nests then and you might stop being stung…

globalti
    Free Member

YOUR GP IS A DICKHEAD; you have got a nasty bacterial infection from the wasps’s filthy sting. get back there NOW and demand antibiotics fast or you’re heading for septicaemia. Look it up; it will kill you.

The sweating is a consequence of the fever your body is generating in a desperate attempt to kill the bacteria that are flooding your system.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Wasp sting, advice’ is closed to new replies.