Home Forums Chat Forum Virgin Media Home Phone Help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Virgin Media Home Phone Help.
  • sparkerfix

Hi folks. Could anyone help wit an issue we are experiencing with my parents virgin home phone. Occasionally I can call from my mobile and when they answer the call the line is dead. This keeps happening until I dial out from the land line and this seems to reset it for a while. Can someone explain how this set up works. We have a Bt phone Burnside TX 2LR VM fixed cellular terminal which is plugged into the hub. Could I just plug the phone directly into the hub to at least prove something?  What is the cellular terminal doing. Thanks.

DrJ

I can’t answer but I will say that the VM community forum is generally helpful. Once I described a problem on the forum and a VM employee arranged an engineer to come and fix it. It’s a bit coming on here with a problem about gears, and Mark sending Cougar round to your house to sort it out 🙂

airvent
    Free Member

What does the terminal do?

Just remove it and use the phone as intended.

sparkerfix

I’d like to know what the terminal does! I think it has a sim in it. (Or can have). Really don’t know. Just wondered if I could plug phone straight into router instead of terminal.

akira

I’ve got a problem with my gears but I’m moving house and worried Cougar will go to the old address, should I start a new thread?

Cougar

I’m slightly perplexed as to how I’m suddenly a gears expert.

Poopscoop

^^ Akira think you are so that’s good enough for me.

Handy as I’ve got hybrid Shim/ Sunrace/ SRAM setup that needs some work.

What time can you be here tomorrow, GPS signal allowing? North Kent.

giant_scum
    Free Member

I think the burnside piece of equipment is there as a back up (via the SIM) if the phone line goes down, in case the emergency services need to be called.

eskay

I think they need to enable the voip connector on the hub. We recently had problems with our landline and they said they could replace the cable into the house or plug a voip adaptor into the hub and enable it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Virgin Media Home Phone Help.’ is closed to new replies.