Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Vaping WTF?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Just followed a bloke walking down the street who was vaping, so what you say. Well it was as if he was aflame, so much smoke 😯 it was like a smoke screen.

What is that all about?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s not smoke.

seosamh77
    Free Member

showing off, no need for it.

martinhutch

It’s a less harmful substitute to produce the endorphin surge some smokers get from annoying other people.

legend
    Free Member

I’m more impressed with the drivers who go along in a pea-souper of a fog bank

Pigface
    Free Member

It’s not smoke

What is it then, vapour I guess but there was so much of it, like following Thomas the Tank 😆

Cougar

“Cloud chasing” is a thing, apparently.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m more impressed with the drivers who go along in a pea-souper of a fog bank

It’s good practice for driving in the fog though. 🙂

BoardinBob

mattyfez

I find it irritating, and I vape to quit smoking.
    Normal ones dont give of that much vapour and it dispurses in a second or two, but you can get beefed up modified hardware, and juices that give of huge plooms, there’s a whole scene around it…pretty sad really.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s a less harmful substitute

You sure?

I saw some guy on the motorway last week. He had a e cig that was about a foot long. I think he fancied himself as the Pink Panther.

legend
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Someone on here coined the term “Douche flute”.

Which is excellent.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Walking in the wake of a vaper is like being in a Bonnie Tyler video

legend
    Free Member

Do Bonnie Tyler videos smell of Strawberry too?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Theres a vape shop just up from the office.
    Always smells like strawberries and its a permanent fug in there. People take their kids in there. Can you get passive vaping or is it harmless like cigarettes? 😆

mattyfez

It’s not harmLESS, but compared to smoking tobacco, reletivley it is far far far safer.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-02-07/vaping-is-far-safer-than-smoking-cigarettes/

ehrob

yeah but if we don’t do it and other people do its well stupid innit

Cougar

It’s not harmLESS, but compared to smoking tobacco, reletivley it is far far far safer.

… probably. It’s almost certainly less bad than smoking, but it’ll be years before any long-term effects can be studied.

mattyfez

True, but I’d sooner worry about all the diesel fumes floating around the average high street.

seosamh77
    Free Member

short term effects are night and day though compared to smoking. that I can confirm. Agree long term is unknown, wouldn’t surprise me if they contributed to respiratory problems.

Milkie
    Free Member

There are two types of liquid. VG produces a lot of smoke, PG doesn’t produce a lot. I found PG hurt my throat and swapped to VG, I do feel like a complete cock at times using it. You get used to being a cock tho, just like everyone else on this forum. 😆

My first reaction was: “Jeeeez, its like a **** steam train!”

matt_outandabout

squirrelking
    Free Member

Thomas is a small locomotive, not a glorified tracked mobile cannon.

Used to do my nut in as a kid.

“Is that Thomas the Tank?”

“No he’s a **** steam locomotive you silly cow.”

Look, I can get narked by mundane inconsequential crap too!

johndoh
    Free Member

I avoid vape smog every bit as much as I do cigarette smoke – equally antisocial and I don’t like the idea of breathing that crap in – as has been said, we don’t know about what the long term health risks may be.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Thomas is a small locomotive,

He’s a small tank locomotive, with tanks either side of the boiler rather than pulled in a separate tender. Tank is a common term for this sort of thing that was around long before the weapons of war.

As for vaping and producing plumes of smoke being “cool”, well, it’s weird.

seosamh77
    Free Member

don’t know what the long term health effect may be from actually vaping. Second hand damage is highly unlikely, imo. Otherwise they wouldn’t be using the same stuff and pumping it into crowds at gigs and the like… the core chemicals are stuff that’s been getting used for over 100 years, so it’s not a complete unknown.

slimjim78
    Free Member

there’s a whole scene around it…pretty sad really.

You’ve just tarnished every STW user with a giant scenic brush.

As for vaping and producing plumes of smoke being “cool”, well, it’s weird.

Interesting. I too don’t like to be forced to passively vape, but I don’t have issue with others trying to get off the cigs – and the clouds remind me of good old pipe smokers in the good old smokey local pubs before the immigrants came and made them all into Wetherspoons.

Sigh, here comes the analogies.. Is enjoying a vape cloud any weirder than necking serveral fermented grape or potato juices in a bar?
    Arent we all looking for some kind of hit?

finbar
    Free Member

Otherwise they wouldn’t be using the same stuff and pumping it into crowds at gigs and the like…

Your confidence in governments’ willingness and appetite to regulate harmful chemicals is perhaps misplaced…

mattyfez

You’ve just tarnished every STW user with a giant scenic brush.

In strict accordance with STW scripture. 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m just waiting on the screams of anguish when I crack open my dry herb vaporiser in public! 😆

binners

I do it, as (hopefully!) its miles better than smoking with regard to the whole life expectancy thing.

*crosses fingers*

But you’ve got to look at it like this. Some people can buy a standard family hatchback, and other than putting petrol in it and having it serviced, they’ll leave it alone. But some people feel the need to do this…

So most normal people will just buy one and use it instead of constantly buying 20 Bensons.

But some blokes (and it is always blokes) will buy a constant upgrade to coils, atomisers, and tanks, until with one ‘vape’ they can replicate Manchester City Centre at the height of the industrial revolution.

I think the motivation for both the car and the e-cig thing is the same feelings of inadequacy in certain departments

legend
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

I’m just waiting on the screams of anguish when I crack open my dry herb vaporiser in public!

OMG….. is that…….niche?!?!?

jamesy01
    Free Member

Back in the day, before we were educated smoking at least looked cool…has anyone ever looked at a ‘vaperer’ and thought “man do they look cool, I’m going to get me one of them things”

johndoh
    Free Member

Is enjoying a vape cloud any weirder than necking serveral fermented grape or potato juices in a bar?

Well vaping is more anti-social (until I start throwing my beer over those around me in Wetherspoons).

seosamh77
    Free Member

legend – Member

OMG….. is that…….niche?!?!?I’m more likely to call it a pleasant afternoon. 😆

binners

Back in the day, before we were educated smoking at least looked cool…has anyone ever looked at a ‘vaperer’ and thought “man do they look cool, I’m going to get me one of them things”

Yeah, but when we all started smoking we were 15 and thought, however delusionaly, we were in with a fighting chance of looking cool.

Now were all fat old bald bastards, and gave up any pretence of ‘cool’ about 3 decades ago, but we’re addicts.

Does that answer your question?

seosamh77
    Free Member

johndoh – Member

Well vaping is more anti-social
    Not necessarily so, I’m willing to bet you’d not even notice me vaping in the same room as you.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Not necessarily so, I’m willing to bet you’d not even notice me vaping in the same room as you.

I bet he doesn’t even realise you’re even in the same room as him.

seosamh77
    Free Member

boo! 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Vaping WTF?’ is closed to new replies.