Home Forums Chat Forum Using personal car for work?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Using personal car for work?
  • intheborders
    Free Member

@intheborders I’ll clarify slightly but my point is valid, what do you disagree with?
    Every place I or friends have worked now or in the past work on the basis I say, if you could have a company car/allowance you get the lower rates set out by hmrc, if not you get the higher ones. It’s not compulsory but it’s how nearly all companies work.

Rewritten to actual make sense – good work.

Only the place I work now has worked like this, in previous companies having an allowance made no difference to the rates paid – all were at HMRC 45/25ppm equivalent.

I now work for a tight FTSE100 company, they only pay 13ppm and £3k allowance (note, the first time I had a car allowance, in 2001, it was £4.5k…). Consequently I only drive in work time, not mine.

doomanic

Matt, if you need a car for work, why haven’t they provided one?

stumpyjon

I get a car allowance, my choice, company sets the rate per mile at the HMRC rates for company car drivers, the logic being the car allowance pays for the wear and tear. It leaves me a couple of pence out of pocket as I have a 1.6 litre diesel but it’s the HMRC figures that need updating, particularly with fuel prices rocketing up.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Using personal car for work?’ is closed to new replies.