Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • akira

Saw that Ribble at the bike show, looked lovely. They’re trying new idea where they get the bikes built then you pay for them and they then send you the bike? Doubt it’ll catch on, apparently they don’t even challenge you to a fight on the internet, amateurs.

metg1991
    Free Member

george sewell custom marino

my custom marino all built up and riding amazingly prooving that its not that hard to get a bike here from peru …. no refund yet from sick though persuing small claim but no responses

plus-one

That Marino looks sick 😉

Splash-man
    Free Member

That Marino looks sick slack

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nicely onshored sir!
    Looks fun.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nobody reporting getting refunds, no bikes turning up, no IG posts. Is that it? Have Sick just turned the lights off and wandered away?

scc999

I genuinley can’t believe that this is still  going and that people are still being ignored and not refunded.

It’s not like they’re based in another country, surely trading standards etc can’t find it  that hard to get hold of them!?

chakaping
    Free Member

Nobody reporting getting refunds, no bikes turning up, no IG posts. Is that it? Have Sick just turned the lights off and wandered away?

This is how failed businesses tend to finish, with a whimper not a bang.

Rubber_Buccaneer

^ That really. Bike Co didn’t work out, move on to something else. Accounts to the end of Feb are due by the end of November. I don’t know what happens if they aren’t submitted but it wouldn’t surprise me if the fallout were limited to the company being wound up and any bank account along with it.

tomhoward

There’s a picture on social media of one of the the fanbois (he came up on ‘people you may know’ on fb, before I’m accused of stalking) of a 29er Marino with a DC fork, high single pivot and a twin chain setup VERY similar to the design the sleipnir. Not reading anything in to it, just interesting.

philxx1975
    Free Member

^ That really. Bike Co didn’t work out, move on to something else. Accounts to the end of Feb are due by the end of November. I don’t know what happens if they aren’t submitted but it wouldn’t surprise me if the fallout were limited to the company being wound up and any bank account along with it.

Cheapest way to wind up a company is do nothing, Companies house will close it after 3 months if no accounts are submitted. COST TO SICK NOTHING they just get to keep your money and their heads down till the company liability kicks in, unless someone raises a criminal case of fraud or something and lets be honest they are hardly Neil Woodford level shysters are they? They will walk away PROBLEM FREE.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

@Tomhoward can you link us the photo? A twin chain steel high pivot bike with dual crowns sounds a lot like the new Starling.

egb81
    Free Member

Cheapest way to wind up a company is do nothing, Companies house will close it after 3 months if no accounts are submitted. COST TO SICK NOTHING they just get to keep your money and their heads down till the company liability kicks in, unless someone raises a criminal case of fraud or something and lets be honest they are hardly Neil Woodford level shysters are they? They will walk away PROBLEM FREE.

Not strictly true. The history of directors and company owners will be brought up in any careful bank’s customer due-diligence checks for bank accounts and loans so that’s likely to affect any future business plans. CCJs and a list of failed companies would be enough to decline future business accounts at some places. Doesn’t stop is being crappy for the current folks who have lost money in this shambles though.

Stiggy

Anyone seen them about on their bikes recently? Are they keeping their heads down or riding around with not a care in the world?

tomhoward

@pimpin gimp, definitely not the new starling. This one has the two chains on the same (drive) side.

branes

Definitely not this then?

Although yes, this is a Starling with chains on opposite sides.

tomhoward

A million percent not that. The person who’s FB page it is will be lurking here, if he wants to post it up, you’ll all be impressed, it’s a lovely looking bike.

And definitely not a Starling.

(Or if he wants to PM me, I’m happy to post it on his behalf)

philxx1975
    Free Member

can you link us the photo?

Obviously not because its so top secret that anyone in the world except certain people aren’t allowed to publish it…arse.

Not strictly true. The history of directors and company owners will be brought up in any careful bank’s customer due-diligence checks for bank accounts and loans so that’s likely to affect any future business plans. CCJs and a list of failed companies would be enough to decline future business accounts at some places. Doesn’t stop is being crappy for the current folks who have lost money in this shambles though.

Yet plenty of wives mothers etc become directors for a year before they suddenly aren’t anymore and the people who are actually in control take over the reigns again.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Once again Phil, you got me. Except you haven’t, again…

If the person who’s pic this is wants me to take it down, pm me

It’s a picture of a bike on Facebook what’s so secretive? OH NOTHING awaits next dull-end post about blah blah blah.

you’ll all be impressed, it’s a lovely looking bike.

You’re wrong more than a broken clock

pinetree
    Free Member

I think the really interesting story here is not that of the middle-aged edgelords at Sick Bikes; rather it is the history between Tomhoward and Philxx1975.
    Can someone do a TL;DR?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Montagues and Capulets innit?

tomhoward

Rich_s

Christ, that’s gopping.

Pace DH bike anyone?

Rubber_Buccaneer

If the person who’s pic this is wants me to take it down, pm me.

Or give us a little more info.  I’d be interested to know whether it is rideable or the Chainset and pulley just positioned for the photo.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A similar bike.

plus-one

What’s the mini-dildo under the main shock body for ?

warpcow
    Free Member

What’s the mini-dildo under the main shock body for ?

You can’t see it from that angle, but there’s a baby-robin holder mounted on the downtube just in front of it.

tomhoward

So the owner of the pic rang the STW office to have the pic removed, which the mods have done. That’s fine. Not sure why they would put it on their public fb page (their cover pic, no less) if they didn’t want it share but there we go. I didn’t link to it as I didn’t want the mob descending on his page. Weirdly I’ve had a pm from someone with no posting history saying they’re going to the police about me stealing their pic and stalking them. Also reminding me its a Marino, not a sick, which I originally stated. Ho hum.

Trimix
    Free Member

They better not ride it in public then. Someone may see it in public.

v7fmp

I drove past the one that didn’t do the Instagram videos (is that Tim or Jordan?!), he was pushing a pram and had a lady with him. No sick bike visible, but then have they ever been?!

I live fairly local to their ‘base of operations’ and will politely enquire with them what is going on, if I ever get the chance.

hols2
    Free Member

I’ve had a pm from someone with no posting history saying they’re going to the police about me stealing their pic and stalking them.

Just when I thought this thread had run out of steam it springs back to life even better than before.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Not sure why they would put it on their public fb page (their cover pic, no less) if they didn’t want it share but there we go

This was my point.

So the owner of the pic rang the STW office to have the pic removed

Sounds like a right NOB. Places image in public domain.

Weirdly I’ve had a pm from someone with no posting history saying they’re going to the police about me stealing their pic and stalking them

I will stick up for Tom ,proof he sounds like a right NOB,

philxx1975
    Free Member

he was pushing a pram full of rich energy and had a lady promotions girl with him

FTFY

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve had a pm from someone with no posting history saying they’re going to the police about me stealing their pic

Strictly speaking, the pic didn’t belong to them, the minute they uploaded it belonged to Facebook.

Expect an email from Mark Zuckerberg any minute challenging you to a cage fight.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

What biscuits for long, low and slack?

martinhutch

about me stealing their pic

Offer to return a printout of it by way of recompense. And make sure you don’t leave any pixels out.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Weirdly I’ve had a pm from someone with no posting history saying they’re going to the police about me stealing their pic

I’d be lawyering up if i was you. You sound like you are in alot of trouble. The police will be all over such a henious crime. People like you disgust me.

Edit…guy sounds like a total knob. If he approached the police he’ll be laughed out the station.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Anyone else dare to post this photo? I’m dying to know what this bike looked like now!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh, it’s Captain Fanboi! No wonder he got shitty.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The same Joe who had the “chance meeting” with STW at Fort William?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.