Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • bearnecessities

Couldn’t resist.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Haha
    PENG rims are the best.

The Sick bicycle customers should be really happy with those!

mickmcd
    Free Member

This story gets more **** stupid by the day

Jakester
    Free Member

Have you checked out the AM:FS FS frame?

How many times when designing that frame did they think “ooh, that’s a bit flexy/snappy, better stick a brace in”? It’s practically a space frame!

It looks quite a lot like a tubular version of the Orange single pivot design to me..

lucky7500

It looks quite a lot like a tubular version of the Orange single pivot design to me..

I’m no expert on suspension design, but I thought exactly the same.

jameso

.. except with a more regressive / falling leverage rate on the shock. With the right spring as a way to fit a longer shock in perhaps.

Northwind

Anyone else remember when Kesteven reviewed the C456 and declared it so stiff that you couldn’t ride down a rocky trail without stopping? Anything he ever says about hardtail stiffness needs to be viewed through that particular insane lens.

spengle

great, you’ve gone and stolen our next and greatest marketing idea! #peng4lyfe

Northwind

Get your orders in now for the Pengpoon

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think the next one should just be “running a little temperature” or maybe “bit of a sniffle” certainly not fully sick

senorj

Poorly bike co?

hols2
    Free Member

Bedridden Bikes?

BearBack
    Free Member

Manflu’ bikes?
    Rundown bikes?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Athlete’s Foot Bikes ‘cos you’ll be walking a lot.

Poopscoop

Botulism Bikes?

Has a certain ring to it.

tomhoward

Hypochondriac Bikes?

hols2
    Free Member

Lead-swinging Sleds?

Poopscoop

Am I the only one that had to Google “peng” by the way??

stumpy01

Am I the only one that had to Google “peng” by the way??

Brand of golf clubs, innit…

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Botulism Bikes?

This would be my brand.
    Great, great name!

Klunk
    Free Member

UTI Bikes

davosaurusrex

No Opinion Bikes. You know what they say about opinions? Well….

skaifan
    Free Member

No Bikes

wordnumb
    Free Member

” “

singletrackmind

Myopic Bike Co?

stevied
    Free Member

Satisfaction Bikes – Rolling Stone Style

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Bought a Sick Bike’s tee shirt the other day and it turned up which was nice, I’m happy to support them and if the few quid they made from my purchase helps them deliver other items then I’m happy to be of service.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

In defence of the general consensus here, I don’t think anyone doubts their credentials as a clothing company.

hols2
    Free Member

it turned up which was nice

Bit 20th century isn’t it, judging a company by whether the products you paid for are delivered?

dissonance

it turned up which was nice

I tend to consider that the bare minimum service to be honest. Nice would be something beyond that.
    Whilst far too uncool for a Sick bike I did recently buy a Bird. Their clothing range does seem a bit weak but they were good at the boring business of providing me a bike of the requested spec within a couple of days of sending them the order and money.Also managed “nice” in my eyes by providing good advice and initial setup help.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

My “it turned up” comment was a bit tongue in cheek to be fair, but I’m still pleased to help them make some profit to deliver some awesome bikes. No doubt they’ve made plenty of mistakes along the way but I like their intentions (or intentions as I see them) and I hope they succeed.

rOcKeTdOg

matt_outandabout

to deliver some awesome bikes.

You have read this and previous threads, yeah?

Deliver seems misplaced.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Deliver seems misplaced.

That’s the intention of this thread. Tor warn…

And in my opinion: a new bike company should worry about making bikes and not T-shirts. T-shirts are later in the game….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but I’m still pleased to help them make some profit to deliver some awesome bikes.

Unless you convinced them to buy some bike, get them into the country and then sell them your hope may be misplaced….

longmover
    Free Member

to deliver some awesome bikes.

You have read this and previous threads, yeah?

Deliver seems misplaced.

And when they do turn up up the paint will fall off in a light breeze and the welds will be shit.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

What would happen if you cut out the middle man, blagged one of Sick’s designs, tweeked it ever so slightly and got it made by Marino or similar for a fraction of the price?

Might speed up delivery…

longmover
    Free Member

What would happen if you cut out the middle man, blagged one of Sick’s designs, tweeked it ever so slightly and got it made by Marino or similar for a fraction of the price?

Might speed up delivery…

The same Marino who already make their steel frames?

tomhoward

Might speed up delivery…

Even if you copied the designs verbatim, it’s not like they can afford the copyright lawyers… I reckon that’s why they never put full geo details on the web, only indications like ‘slack AF’ and ‘this long’.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It’s either that or they haven’t decided yet themselves.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.