Home Forums Chat Forum UFO’s

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • UFO’s
  • Drac

Asks if it’s little green men, goes on a rant saying no one mentioned aliens. 😂

5plusn8
    Free Member

Just need to come back on his comments.
    I’m at work but I will tonight.

dyna-ti

Sorry Drac, etc, it was tongue in cheek the first post, and it was a question to everyone, not a statement. I’d have thought that obvious by way of the question mark. I’ve no opinion in this. Find it all interesting.

Am I not allowed to do that :?

5plusn8
    Free Member

Am I not allowed to do that 😕

I’m not a mod, but I would say you are free to take the mickey.
    You also make some valid comments on my skeptic post, I have answers, tonight.

Drac

Of course you are but do you not see the funny side when you claimed no mentioned aliens, except for you asking ?

woody2000

I think it was Brian Cox that said something along these lines:

“If aliens have developed the ability to travel interstellar space, either by faster than light travel or by simple virtue of being such long lived species that they don’t care if it takes a thousand years, why then, would they go to all that trouble to get here and then just piss about in the upper atmosphere doing a few stunts and then disappear again.”

I tend to agree, it would make no sense at all to find another inhabited planet in the vastness of space and then not investigate further/take over said planet/do some anal probing etc.

UFOs are most likely of human origin, military tech etc. Or meteorological phenomena we don’t understand.

scuttler

I think it was Brian Cox that said something along these lines:

“If aliens have developed the ability to travel interstellar space, either by faster than light travel or by simple virtue of being such long lived species that they don’t care if it takes a thousand years, why then, would they go to all that trouble to get here and then just piss about in the upper atmosphere doing a few stunts and then disappear again.”

Yeah but did anyone read that in their head NOT in a Brian Cox voice?

Didn’t think so.

More Brian Cox TV on Sunday night at 9pm. Git looks like he gets to have an even better time than normal (hanging out with space programme, fast jets, mountain tops). Git.

dyna-ti

Of course you are but do you not see the funny side when you claimed no mentioned aliens, except for you asking ?

Well no, clearly not. And it was a statement in return to the author of the website. I was commenting on the points made on the skeptics site. Wasnt directed at anyone here and the skeptic site cant see my words so not sure why you would mistake one for the other and think it was directed at members here.

” Then we meet Elizondo’s partner in this enterprise, Christopher Mellon, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence. Mellon seemingly shares Elizondo’s suspicion that we are being visited by some kind of non-human entity”
    Hence the quotation marks :?

Here the author is interjecting ridicule towards the defence officer and the other guy, sort of directing his audience. When I see that sort of nonsense I feel it only legitimate to call it out.

dyna-ti

Internet currently offline, usual maintenance I think, so this post will go in late(12pm,posted)

I would say you are free to take the mickey.
    You also make some valid comments on my skeptic post, I have answers, tonight.

I want taking the micky :) Wasnt my intention, sorry. And I wasnt addressing your skepticism post, rather to the article itself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if i disagree with it. Its the way it works isnt it.
    You posted up a skeptics site and I took a read and felt that many points they made were very valid,for example if looking from above at high altitude at an object below, it can look like the object is traveling at tremendous speed, when in fact it is only because of its high altitude that it is crossing great distances. This however is not only their example but they leave out a great deal of information, such as how this is being viewed from above by a fighter jet, what is the working altitude of such a jet, what is the distance between the object and the earth below it, in relation to its ability to ‘look’ like its moving very fast. Why does the object and the sea below it seem so close, when that itself would lend skepticism as to the point being made that it is altitude. and so on and so forth. Looking and asking questions analytically.
    But other times felt they were not being honest, in that they claim ‘Oh it must be that’ but not explaining why. A bit like doing maths but not doing the workings for it. :? if you get my drift.

As to the points, I couldnt really fully reply as the article is huge and to address each point skeptically and ask for definition, or evidence, would be a post akin to a final year dissertation.

budgierider67

thols2

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘UFO’s’ is closed to new replies.