Viewing 34 posts - 401 through 434 (of 434 total)
  • Types of forum user
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow…still following me around to flame me. No wonder you’re sleepy.

patriotpro
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Wow…still following me around to flame me. No wonder you’re sleepy.

😆 If you say so 😆

dogbert
    Free Member

perhaps mods should stick to being mods and all decisions are final. Seems to be a lot of people on here aspiring to be a moderator and a real “I was here first” mentality.

Maybe you should go have a look at other successful forums and see the difference

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

^ +1 I frequent a decent Motorcycle forum where swearing is a given, insults a given even harsh beatings in some cases.

Mods, what mods, though the forum users all of which act as mods when spammers attack.
    It would clearly be the case that mods on here and bike radar are so worried of retribution if failing to uphold some unwritten law of owning a forum.

When I get cheesed off, yes I simply click a tab and back into reality I go where I can speak my mind knowing it’s taken lightly and all in good spirit.

CALLING STW TO CHILLAX.

:mrgreen:

d45yth
    Free Member

onceinalifetime – CALLING STW TO CHILLAX.

That’s rich coming from you!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Oi cheeky monkey!
    😆

I can see you frowning at your screen which is exactly my point of folk on this forum, always so quick to judge/deny and flabberghast hideously wimpy comments directed towards other members.

Oh well, I give up hope for STW afterall… lmao.

hugor
    Free Member

Calling Stw to chillax

I find this place amazingly uptight at times. For an MTB forum it’s very left wing, pc and intolerant of general piss taking.
    Quite a shame really as there are many amusing and interesting characters on here but their charisma is not acceptable and many of them have now been permanently censored.
    I’ve never been offended by an anonymous persons comments in a public forum. You’d have to be pretty fragile IMO to be really.

tazzymtb

hugor + lots

I used to find lots of different characters on here and think “yeh I’d like to ride with them, they seem very different to me, but they also seem like a right laugh and come across as decent people (if a little strange)”

I’ve ridden with a lot of those people and they are now mates. The strange thing is they don’t pop up much on here anymore as hugor says it’s very up tight and neurotic these days and they can’t be arsed with it.

There are only a few folks that post up that I’d think about riding with now as spending the day on bikes with introverted PC naval gazers doesn’t really fill me with joy. (I’m sure the feeling as mutual as they’d hate a day with a tattooed piss taking tit)

so singletrack forum, once a place of joy, education, genuine caring and sometimes made me spill my drink I was laughing so hard has become a pale mediocre pastiche of what it once was…(probably safer and certainly more corporately acceptable to advertisers and hence revenue generation, just not a true representation of the MTB scene I’ve loved for over 20 odd years) such a shame.

yossarian
    Free Member

so singletrack forum, once a place of joy, education, genuine caring and sometimes made me spill my drink I was laughing so hard has become a pale mediocre pastiche of what it once was…(probably safer and certainly more corporately acceptable to advertisers and hence revenue generation, just not a true representation of the MTB scene I’ve loved for over 20 odd years) such a shame.

There’s been a big opportunity for the owners to contribute and engage to this thread. They haven’t.

My opinion is that the forum is being run by people that simply can’t handle it. Good, sometimes great, at journalism. Completely out of their depth at forums of this size.

Hail diskordia

patriotpro
    Free Member

dogbert – Member
    Seems to be a lot of people on here aspiring to be a moderator and a real “I was here first” mentality.

I doubt others take any notice of those ‘Brotherhood’ types so I wouldn’t harbour much concern over ’em. 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

*Applause*

Klunk
    Free Member

😯 😯 😯

Klunk
    Free Member

yossarian
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surely everyone has a right to say within reason their opinion otherwise stw mods would be acting as a communist state dictator would.

Its a forum owned by some people who claim ownershop of what you say.

STW is many things but it is not essential for democracy and the suppression of” free speech” is some way short of a dictatorship akin to communism. They are responsible for anything published for example including libel etc.
    Did you notice the irony that you are criticising them for censorship on their site on a thread they started asking our views?
    Sometimes I feel very sorry for the mods and I really dread to think what sort of site it would be without it.

For an MTB forum it’s very left wing, pc and intolerant of general piss taking.

Presumably it would be full of thick skinned “bigots” being non PC for a laugh and mocking anyone as “sensitive and intolerant” for disliking their particular style of banter – a right wing offensive Edinburgh defence?
    Personally I think it is pretty balanced politically, not that PC – start a Gypsy thread for example,- and still full of piss taking. The thing with piss taking is it is better to do it in a way so that the person also finds it amusing rather than just see who can be the rudest and find their own jokes funny by offending someone.

As these different attitudes show the mods have to find a balance between what you want and what I want.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who’s been hit with the ban-hammer?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Y Darc, the first rule of ban hammer club is………

😉

Klunk
    Free Member

sailing close to the wind there flash 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Far from it. Just reiterating the rules.

🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh bollocks to it, who got hit?

I was hoping it was O’Flashearty for a minute…thought maybe he’d read something negative on twitter and reported it…Stasi style.

Klunk
    Free Member

thought it was flash as he had a couple of posts pulled in quick succession regarding “accord embrace frank”

yossarian
    Free Member

Flash is too useful to ban. Too much info slides in from his direction.

toys19
    Free Member

Yoss are you saying he’s a creep? I did wonder, like how does he know someone’s been banned? He seems to spend all his time sucking up which is worrying.

yossarian
    Free Member

It’s a public school thing. Hard to unlearn, easy to spot.

toys19
    Free Member

😆

Cougar

STW is many things but it is not essential for democracy

A term used internally to describe Mono‘s running is “benevolent dictatorship,” seems approptiate here too.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I love reading about the lifestyle in his head. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Me too, I hear his real name is Walter Mitty 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Shredding the gnar in Pimlico.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gnats, not gnar! :-).

yossarian
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WOaia66c8g[/video]

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’ve heard of feeding trolls…and now feeding the mods…

😕

The thread seems to have gone rather off topic… 😐

Viewing 34 posts - 401 through 434 (of 434 total)

The topic ‘Types of forum user’ is closed to new replies.