Home Forums Bike Forum tubeless woes multiple choice question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • tubeless woes multiple choice question
  • fenboy

I’m currently trying to set up a second set of wheels for my Secan, got one set for gravel and just got another one for road / commuting. I’m putting a set of 38mm panaracer pasela PT tyres (not tubeless ready) that i had already on new hunt wheels and the tyres have been very good winter / commuting tyres on another wheelset but have only had them with tubes till now.

One is almost new and one is 70/80% used so should be good! got them all seated no problem and sealant in. when they’re inflated the sealant fizzes out the sidewalls and the tyres won’t hold pressure. I’ve had this issue on some wtbs before which eventually sealed after a few weeks and a lot of sealant, presumably once a layer has built up on the side walls. These ones I’ve added more sealant and inflated several times now and it keeps happening……

As I’m now  too tired/frustrated with them to make a sensible decision I’m throwing it out here so shall I……

A. take a breath and persevere

B. buy some new tubeless ready tyres Gravel King SS+  and start again

C. fit tubes

nickc

Option B

Life’s too short for faffing about with tyres that probs. won’t ever seal that well, or will loose air at the slightest provocation. Fit proper tubeless ready and go about your day.

SSS
    Free Member

B.

As one of them is 70/80% worn and will have to take this course for one wheel soon in any case….

onewheelgood

B.

Why are you trying to run non-tubeless tyres tubeless? Asking for trouble.

fenboy

Okay B it is. cheers

fenboy

onewheelgood, has worked in the past and used to be the only way… but you’re all right, lifes too short…..  B it is.

Cheers guys

fenboy

sorry double post, the first one disappeared you get the drift!

cheers

mert
    Free Member

Why are you trying to run non-tubeless tyres tubeless? Asking for trouble.

Is it?
    I’ve got half a dozen sets running with no issues at all.

A) Scrub the inside of the tyre so the sealant wets the surface and actually seals rather than beading up and running off, or through.
    B) Make sure you’re using decent sealant and that it’s been properly shaken up.

Though, to be honest, at 70-80% used i’d just bin it, life is too short.

smiffy

Are you riding miles on the tyres or leaving them against the wall of the garage?

Get the miles in for best distribution of the sealant.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.