Home Forums Bike Forum Tubeless booster Pumps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tubeless booster Pumps
  • applesandoranges23
    Free Member

So I’ve always had literally no issues with seating tubeless tyres using a regular joe blow floor pump. However I accidentally broke my presta valve on my front wheel and in the process of replacing it I could not get it to seat.

After wrestling with the front tyre for hours, retaping the wheel and getting no where I have decided to invest in a tubeless booster pump.

I’m looking at the top peak booster as I’ve always had top peak pumps never had issues with them, but cluessles regarding booster pumps.

Noob question but topeak say the booster charges to 160 psi, does this essentially mean that when you use the boost its shooting 160 psi into the tyre? Wouldn’t this be dangerous or am I missing something lol.

Also wondering if anyone has had any issues with booster pumps.

guandax
    Free Member

160 psi is fine. Much of it will leak. Probably result in 30-40 psi if you’re lucky.

simondbarnes

Wouldn’t this be dangerous or am I missing something lol.

Small volume at high pressure going into larger volume = lower pressure.

The Topeak one works well.

guandax
    Free Member

Airshot worth investigating as it’ll work with your current pump and will last a lifetime as there’s nothing to go wrong other than the valve, which is standard presta tubeless.

cp

I use one of the BETO tubeless inflators and it’s great. Has never failed to inflate, even road tubeless

Frankers
    Free Member

I have the Joe Blow Booster, works well as expected and as above you don’t get the whole 160psi in the tyre. Can easily be used as standard track pump too, but note it’s a lot bulkier and heavier.

applesandoranges23
    Free Member

Good point I’m actually looking for one as I’ve got a perfectly fine floor pump. I might invest in the topeak one if I can find one cheap enough

pipm1
    Free Member

I had trouble getting a tubeless tyre to inflate at the weekend but used the advice in the below video to get it sorted, basically by manually seating half of the rim.

From 3m15s.

Edit: plus I used soapy bubbles.

fanatic278
    Free Member

I found the Topeak one to be a bit weak when it blasted. It wouldn’t seat a pesky road tyre. It was quickly replaced with an Airshot that has worked every time.

I recently broke my track pump (a basic Topeak jobbie), so a replacement was much cheaper than having to replace a tubeless/pump combo.

Take a look at the canister systems. I got the airshot but I think there are more refined and/or cheaper options.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Planet X Pump

Works for me on both MTB and road tyres. I have a compressor in my garage but I use this pump more as I don’t have to faff with presta/schraeder adapators.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless booster Pumps’ is closed to new replies.