Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Trail centres and dogs.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

If you take your dog to a trail centre, please don’t let it take a crap on the cycling routes. F***ing idiot.
    That’s all.

Pook

+1

But dogs at trail centres can be fun. If well trained.

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/6923183[/video]

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Totally agree with both posts above.

mattbee

I’m so lucky my dog has a neurosis about pooing where he can be seen. He buggers of into the deepest bush he can find and does it there. Hardly ever have to pick one up, most times I can’t even get to them!

He loves trailcentres too,although we tend to do random midweek visits to avoid bothering other riders.

nosedive
    Free Member

rah rah rah my dog will never crap \ get under your wheels \ bite a child \ chase sheep etc

wake up, leave them at home when you take the bike out

Junkyard
    Free Member

i trained mine to wee on the shoes of folk like ^^^^^^^^^^
    still crap with bombers though

nosedive
    Free Member

oh, that was your dog…..

donsimon
    Free Member

You can check my previous posts to see that I’m a fan of dogs and maybe your dogs are the best behaved in the world, but the dog crap left on the trail centre today was left by someone’s dog and is not acceptable. Even as a dog owner you can help keep the imbeciles in their place and also it’s a trail centre not a dog walking centre, you wouldn’t exercise it behind your car on the way to work now, would you?

nosedive
    Free Member

exactly, and we all know that no one riding round a red loop with a dog most of the time even knows where they are, let alone knows if they have crapped

leave them at home!

fbk
    Free Member

I just pray to god the fences keeping any other wildlife away from your spotless trails stays intact…

daveells
    Free Member

So what ,a bit of poo on your tyre ,get over it.Did you do a fall off?

Pook

I don’t have a dog.

nosedive
    Free Member

dogs arent wildlife. I’ve yet to come across a deer\ squirrel\ hedgehog that has tried to bite my pedals

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Hardly ever have to pick one up, most times I can’t even get to them!

thanks we appreciate the efforts you go to to leave dog muck at the trail centre

But dogs at trail centres can be fun

for the owners and the wannabe fanboys, a PITA to most other riders using the facility who ride past or get ridden past by your “best friend”

but you don’t care, which is why you do it.

Happy trails 😀

fbk
    Free Member

dogs arent wildlife. I’ve yet to come across a deer\ squirrel\ hedgehog that has tried to bite my pedals

Nope, but I’vee nearly run a sheep over, I’ve nearly been taken out by a deer running across a trail and I’m pretty certain I’ve ridden through fox shit on rides before now, all at trail centres
    Just the usual crap (see what I did there) spouted on here..

but then I’m at work on a Saturday and grouchy so I’ll leave you to it!

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

dogs are ****, and if you own one, so are you.

FACT

fbk
    Free Member

I rest my case. Night 🙂

Pook

wannabe fanboys??? Of what? Dogs? Dogs at trail centres?

Can you be a fanboy of those??

“WOOO DOGS, YAY!!! CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH PLEASE DOG???”

Bizarre.

continuity
    Free Member

Coming down the final descent of climachX, 8pm, almost pitch dark under the trees, pissing down with rain, trail slippery with wet rock, me and a friend ran straight into a dude and his dog chilling in the middle of one of the big berms. If he hadn’t warned me I woulda gone smack into the pair of them!

Dogs when you ride the south downs way, not when bikes / people are everywhere.

donsimon
    Free Member

daveells – Member

So what ,a bit of poo on your tyre ,get over it.Did you do a fall off?
    No, why?

Nope, but I’vee nearly run a sheep over, I’ve nearly been taken out by a deer running across a trail and I’m pretty certain I’ve ridden through fox shit on rides before now, all at trail centres
    Just the usual crap (see what I did there) spouted on here..

You enter the field where the sheep are and make the choice.
    You enter the countryside and make the choice.
    Someone brings the dog to a trail centre and I….?
    If you would care to remove your head from your a**, you’ll see that I adore dogs, but taking a dog to a trail centre is a very selfish act. An attribute I’m seeing more and more of here and it’s not very pretty.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

If I had a dog I would train it to shit exclusively in the path of STWers. I would do this by instigating a number of Pavlovian training methods including the use of props such as The Guardian, Rapha clothing, 29ers and Skoda Octavias and by passing it a number of passive-aggressive notes worthy of Mumsnet. When they’re on the rag.

soops
    Free Member

What happens if you ride through Fox poo?
    Who cleans that up?

donsimon
    Free Member

I didn’t ride through the crap, but I’d accept that I was in the fox’s domain and that nobody brought the fox there, but the dog didn’t get to the trail centre on it’s own, did it? I tell you what I’ll take my dog to the swimming pool next week, no one will complain, will they? Won’t be a problem if she has a piss or crap, will it?

allthepies
    Free Member

Dog owners in “my dog is ace and I’ll let it sh*te on MTB trails if I want to” shocka.

soops
    Free Member

Keep your hair on i was only asking! 😉
    My dogs spend most of the time trying to knock me off my bike!

donsimon
    Free Member

Keep your hair on i was only asking!

I’m perfectly chilled.
    A pic of a pretty dog. 😀

kala 005 por kala y simon, en Flickr

bigjim

Who cleans that up?

Foxes were there before your trail was. Is that your reason for not cleaning up?

Dogs on bike trails are probably great fun for the owner but not much fun for the other riders, I’ve had a couple of dodgy incidents, they don’t really have much awareness of whats coming up behind them and how to pull off to the side etc.

On the dog poo note, a local ~200m section of trail has now got signs at the beginning and end of it, where the park rangers are keeping a tally of number of turds left on the trail by day and total, and also spraying fluorescent paint around each turd. Its been there a few weeks and the tally today was 315 so far, with 8 left today by 3pm. Pretty sickening really!

neilc1881
    Free Member

I’ve been a non-dog owner, and am now a dog owner. I’ve ridden trails and not ridden through excrement, I’ve ridden trails where I have ridden through excrement. I’ve caught up with dogs and gone past them, I’ve stopped to point dogs back in the direction of their owners. I’ve even cleaned various animal sh*t off my bike with my toothbrush*. At the end of the day a significant number of people on here need to calm down and practice their last minute-hazard avoiding bunny-hops.

*It was an old toothbrush, and I didn’t use it to clean my teeth again after that.

Pook

I’v still not got a dog.

soops
    Free Member

It is not just dog shit on bike trails, people need to clean up everywhere.

donsimon
    Free Member

Do you want one Pook?

fbk
    Free Member

Oh god I must be bored….

me and a friend ran straight into a dude and his dog chilling in the middle of one of the big berms

I what way did the presence of the dog affect the outcome. Surely the guy in the middle of the berm was the problem?

If you would care to remove your head from your a**

You’ve always had such a way with words in your arguements haven’t you? I may just be playing devils advocate as yes, I’m sure it’s frustrating to have to avoid one extra piece of crap on the trails but I would say that cyclists with dogs are the least likely to let them shit on the track – an awful lot of walkers end up on MTB trails.

Taking a similar line to your swimming pool arguement, I find slow people on trails quite annoying. I think we should ban them…

At the end of the day a significant number of people on here need to calm down and practice their last minute-hazard avoiding bunny-hops

AND adopt a little more acceptance/tolerance too 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

You’ve always had such a way with words in your arguements haven’t you? I may just be playing devils advocate as yes, I’m sure it’s frustrating to have to avoid one extra piece of crap on the trails but I would say that cyclists with dogs are the least likely to let them shit on the track – an awful lot of walkers end up on MTB trails.

Taking a similar line to your swimming pool arguement, I find slow people on trails quite annoying. I think we should ban them…
    Point by point.
    I would like to think so, yes, and thank you for noticing, but please finish the quote.
    Possibly cyclist are the least likely, but that’s a little short sighted as cyclist are also people and it’s the people that are the problem. The guy who caused two people to pull up on the black today becuse his dog was standing in ther middle of a trail was clearly a walker inspite of riding a bike, but not at fault because he was a cyclist?
    Wlakers on the mtb trails, they’re people too (see above).
    The only sense I can make of your last statement is ride faster as you clearly haven’t understood the comparison.

Pook

Hora had a poo on the trail once.

soops
    Free Member

Dog nappies?

fbk
    Free Member

Pook – that’s a very good point. I passed a turd on the edge of the track with a rolled up piece of toilet roll next to it once. Either there are some very posh dogs in Glentress or that wasn’t no dog pooh 😯

DS – ok, so your rant is against peaople in general. Unfortunately, in placing it on a MTB forum, in the “bike” section, it is directed at MTBers, not the general public.
    And my last statement was simply an example of how out of context your statement re taking a dog to a public swimming pool was.

andyl
    Free Member

I don’t know why anyone would take a dog to a trail centre – not fun for you or the dog as you can’t relax and enjoy it because there is too many other riders around. But then I don’t really go to trail centres either.

donsimon
    Free Member

fbk, it’s here because I’m talking about a centre with dedicated cycle routes where someone, either an inconsiderate walker or inconsiderate cyclist, decided that it would be a good idea to take a dog and either let it (or not have sufficient control over it) take a crap. how would you defend the position of the dog owner if this was in the chat forum?
    Having established that it is valid to post here because I’m referring to dedicated centres for sports (in this case cycling), the comparison to the swimming pool (in this case swimming) is equally valid. 😉

Brake-neck
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter how well trained a dog is it is unpredictable so keep em away from trail centres, have seen a couple of crashes caused by them getting in the way although I’ve never been a victim myself. Natural stuff is there for everybody/thing so I have no problem with that.
    I will say this though, I’ve been alot closer to crashing because of other riders stopping in stupid places than I ever have been hitting a pooch.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

On the dog poo note, a local ~200m section of trail has now got signs at the beginning and end of it, where the park rangers are keeping a tally of number of turds left on the trail by day and total, and also spraying fluorescent paint around each turd. Its been there a few weeks and the tally today was 315 so far, with 8 left today by 3pm. Pretty sickening really!

That has got to be mostly just dog walkers. Not people riding a bike with their dog in tow.

I’ve turned up early morning at my local trail centre and there have been a number of people walking their dog(s), presumably locals and intentionally before any bikers turn up, my presumption being that they are probably there nearly every morning. Most of them have obviously known they were being a bit naughty, others think it’s their right.
    At the end of the day, I’m a tolerant person and accept that these ‘open’ managed forests are generally – access for everyone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Trail centres and dogs.’ is closed to new replies.