Home Forums Bike Forum Tire dressing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tire dressing
  • organic355
    Free Member

has anyone tried that tire dressing stuff (for car tires) on the bike tires? Was cleaning the car yesterday, then cleaned the bikes, they look like new with the tire dressing and a bit of bike spray!!

Dibbs
    Free Member

You need to get out more 😆

clunker

Are you from the USA?

njee20
    Free Member

Watch that first corner, be good and slippery!

yesiamtom
    Free Member

used it on the sides occasionaly but dont see the point – it doesnt last and muc off and a bit of a scrub gives similar results.

Be careful not to get it on disc rotors, not as bad as grease but still affects braking. Wet mud slathered on generously will sort it out if you do though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Are you the new Justa?

HermanShake
    Free Member

The closest I get to that is scrubbing the mud out of the tread, I think spraying them is overkill and a waste of nasty chemicals the environment could do without.

It seems odd that your name includes “organic” but you use this stuff. I get that it’s not aerosol, but it makes it’s way into the water supply/ground/ecosystem one way or another.

Save your time, money and local wildlife; just use a brush and some mildly soapy water 😀

bigbloke
    Free Member

I did it once and once only. Tyres looked great but the mocking i got from riding buddies was awful, and tyres were dirty within minutes so seemed pointless to do again unless say selling the bike.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

organic355 – Member
    has anyone tried that tire tyre dressing stuff (for car tires tyres) on the bike tires tyres? Was cleaning the car yesterday, then cleaned the bikes, they look like new with the tire tyre dressing and a bit of bike spray!!

Fixed that for you.

Life is too short to spend time dressing tyres, just get out & ride. Even if selling the bike I wouldn’t bother, as a prospective buyer I’d wonder what the seller was trying to distract me from. About the only advantage might be keeping the tyre rubber conditioned and less likely to become brittle due to UV light exposure.

organic355
    Free Member

I know i know, I was cleaning the car as someone was coming to view it (who didnt turn up). As i had the hose out etc i decide to clean the bikes and the the tyre dressing was just at hand. thought i would try it, looks great, but wont bother again, too bloody expensive!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tire dressing’ is closed to new replies.