• This topic has 177 replies, 90 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 178 total)
  • This Vardy vs Rooney case….
  • oldenough
    Free Member

Why would they? A business that turns down this sort of business won’t be in business as a business for long.

Fair enough, but let’s not hear anymore talk about clogging up the justice system and those more deserving not getting their time in court. Let the girls spend their money, makes no difference to me.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Haven’t a clue what it’s all about and have no intention of finding out.

gardentiger
    Free Member

Haven’t a clue what it’s all about and have no intention of finding out.

Put it this way. It has me actually coming down on the side of Coleen Rooney. That is ****ed up enough to know that I need to avoid any coverage as best I can.

Self-obsessed twunts.

kilo

Fair enough, but let’s not hear anymore talk about clogging up the justice system and those more deserving not getting their time in court.

Are the criminal bar involved, the cps, the crown and magistrates courts, police? Any of the criminal justice system that is currently falling apart? Did you read any proceeeding posts? The answer seems to be no to all of these questions

csb

@kilo I think you’re agreeing with the person you quoted?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Vardy had been reduced to tears twice by the defence council….. I bet she wasn’t planning on it being like this!

csb

It’s an absolute car crash for her! Scumbags the lot of them.

bruneep

dyna-ti

I see the judge had to suspend proceedings a number of times due to Mrs Vardy breaking out into crocodile tears.

frankconway

Mrs vardy appears to be particularly loathsome.
    I’m sure the two protagonists see this as an opportunity; tabloids and sleb mags will be lapping this up.
    Two different versions of…How she ruined my life.
    Two publicity obsessed, money grabbing, talent free, vacuous airheads.
    Vomit inducing.

gardentiger
    Free Member

Mrs vardy appears to be particularly loathsome.

She is. An utter oxygen thief.

franksinatra

Vardy is an absolute car crash in court. She pursued the case and she is imploding under questioning. She really is embarrassing herself.

It did give us the Wagatha Christie headline so I’m OK with it.

The Scousetrap?

irc

alexmassie
    @alexmassie
    Magnificent stuff. As an advocate chum says: ‘What a wonderful case. Nothing, but nothing, is at stake and the fees will be enough to retire on’.

batfink
    Free Member

I have/had no real interest in this – came to this thread for a condensed version, as I’ve been seeing some headlines. Seems to be a victimless crime really – two toxic individuals escalating a twitter spat to a court, spending their own money to do so. Meh.

Same, but for the following quote:

“It wasn’t even worth the train fare. The smallest trouser equipment I’ve ever seen”

nickc

I’ve also heard it referred to as Scousetrap as well which, if I’m honest, deserves a round of applause

MoreCashThanDash

I fear Mrs Vardy is exposing herself for what she is.

Genuinely feel sorry for her husband. I’m sure opposition fans will lend him their vocal support in the next few matches.

DickBarton

As much as it is hilarious finding out about this school playground spat, it is an absolute waste of time, but it just shows how sad a society we have become – when something like this is so prominent in the news (admittedly no doubt being encouraged to get important stuff off the headlines) and our society is largely lapping this up.

Shows how disjointed we have become – people with the ability to kick a ball around with a lot of skill and getting paid way too much money which then attracts the partners and all the trappings they now have access to – but without the apparent ‘education’ of doing things sensibly…

Lawyers are going to be waking up every morning with a huge smile on their face watching the fees rack up, I suspect the footballers are cringing as this progresses…and I’m really hoping the ‘suspects’ are having a serious think about how shallow and childish they actually are.

Right, got that off my chest…I’ll get back to my ivory tower now!

wait4me

Vardy asked the court: “Who is Davy Jones?” The judge intervened to explain the reference. 😂

nickc

and our society is largely lapping this up.

If by that you mean most people are pointing and laughing, then I agree, if you think that there’s a group of folks for whom this is serious, then no, I don’t think there is.  99% of folks can see this for what it is:

I read a piece recently about a different subject, but the point of it is well made here: The age at which you come into enough money so that you don’t have to work anymore is roughly the age you’ll stay at for the rest of your life. For these two, it’s high school.

DickBarton

Nope, I’m not thinking there are people looking at this seriously, more that it is being considered light entertainment and worthy of all the headlines to help the comedy show carry on. Our society seems to get enjoyment from this type of car-crash story, I don’t quite understand it, but I’m happy not to be following it in any detail – I’m seeing the headlines on BBC News so I’m aware it is going on.

I read a piece recently about a different subject, but the point of it is well made here: The age at which you come into enough money so that you don’t have to work anymore is roughly the age you’ll stay at for the rest of your life. For these two, it’s high school.

That is interesting and definitely proving to be true in this case!

nickc

Our society seems to get enjoyment from this type of car-crash story

Because, as someone pointed out up thread, it’s a real life soap-opera that has literally no consequences and no impact, it’s pop-corn material. Watching two idiots spending days in court revealing to the world how idiotic they are.

It’s like watching Eurovision, no one watches because of the music, we watch it because it’s great excuse to get together with a few beers with your friends and point and laugh.

Same thing

Harry_the_Spider

They should settle it by being made to run up a greased incline whilst being blasted with water jets and dressed as penguins.

First to the top wins. Loser launched by trebuchet into a vat of beans.

Televise it pay-per-view as an alternative to the Jubilee.

Proceeds to charity.

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s no different to watching Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders, I’m a Celebrity, etc. – just more random!

chakaping
    Free Member

Of course it bloody does, it’s a brilliant story.

You can just sit there being all superior while the rest of us enjoy it.

drlex
    Free Member

Following on from DickBarton’s mention of the BBC, I noted with no amusement that the case was being covered by their entertainment correspondent rather then their legal one.
    Makes a change for the top libel lawyers not to be instructed by Russian oligarchs.

chakaping
    Free Member

I noted with no amusement that the case was being covered by their entertainment correspondent rather then their legal one

Nothing unusual about this, despite what Vardy’s lawyer insinuated.

All news journalists should be capable of covering a court case, and this is a fundamentally a celeb story not a legal one.

DickBarton

You can just sit there being all superior while the rest of us enjoy it.

Not really superior, just confused and not understanding…

IdleJon

Vardy asked the court: “Who is Davy Jones?” The judge intervened to explain the reference. 😂

Why are The Monkees involved? Did the judge tell her to stop being a daydream believer or get on the last train to Clarksville?

franksinatra

This will probably be the only time in my life that I will defend Rooney. Lots of people piling in saying they are both terrible people

Vardy leaked private stories
    Vardy got called out for it when caught
    Vardy then launches civil case for libel
    Vardy then implodes in court

Rooney is not the baddie in this pathetic drama.

dander

Vardy seems thicker than a Boxing Day turd. Almost feel sorry for Jamie.

ElShalimo

their legal teams must be making a fortune out of these idiots

kerley
    Free Member

Estimated to cost each of them £1.5MM so yes the legal teams won’t be doing badly out of it I suppose.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Vardy leaked private stories
    Vardy got called out for it when caught
    Vardy then launches civil case for libel
    Vardy then implodes in court

This seems to be the crux of it for me…it’s like Vardy was hoping Rooney would apologise when threatened with libel but didn’t and now Vardy can’t back down and leave it. From what I’ve read everything seems to indicate her and her assistant did this full time.

Markie
    Free Member

Does Rooney have any hope of winning (or not losing), given all the possible sources of proof that Vardy is guilty seem to have unfortunately been lost, destroyed, or are otherwise unable to be presented?

However poorly Vardy’s turn in the box may have gone, there’s no proof she’s done what Rooney alleged?

Saccades
    Free Member

Doesn’t work with Mrs Vardy, this is her second marriage (pretty sure she has two kids from the previous fella, a non league footballer (so, semi-pro).

johndoh
    Free Member

Does Rooney have any hope of winning (or not losing), given all the possible sources of proof that Vardy is guilty seem to have unfortunately been lost, destroyed, or are otherwise unable to be presented?

However poorly Vardy’s turn in the box may have gone, there’s no proof she’s done what Rooney alleged?

I think you are probably correct – it isn’t for Vardy’s team to prove she is innocent, it’s for Rooney’s team to prove she is guilty and they can’t prove it beyond reasonable doubt without evidence.

chakaping
    Free Member

Rooney famously wrote “it’s Rebecca Vardy’s account”.

Which was acknowledged at the time as being a surprisingly smart way of pointing the finger, without actually saying it was RV.

She can presumably prove that only RV had sight of the leaked stories, so I’d guess there’s enough evidence to defend the libel claim.

It’s a long time since I studied libel law, but I would put my money on Colleen here.

csb

it isn’t for Vardy’s team to prove she is innocent, it’s for Rooney’s team to prove she is guilty

Isn’t this back-to-front? It’s Vardy who needs to prove Rooney is guilty (of making an unsubstantiated accusation), except it’s all gone a bit pear shaped and Vardy (who’s admitted her PA did it) is looking like the perpetrator!

mashr

She can presumably prove that only RV had sight of the leaked stories, so I’d guess there’s enough evidence to defend the libel claim.

From memory she blocked everyone apart from Vardy, and a (fake I think) story that she posted got out anyway

johndoh
    Free Member

Isn’t this back-to-front? It’s Vardy who needs to prove Rooney is guilty (of an unsubstantiated accusation), except it’s all gone a bit pear shaped and Vardy (who’s admitted her PA did it) is looking like the perpetrator!

Sorry you are right, Vardy brought the case however she can prove that Rooney made the libellous comment (this isn’t being contested) so Rooney has to prove that it was Vardy that leaked the story and that is the bit that might well be impossible as all the evidence appears to have been ‘lost’.

From memory she blocked everyone apart from Vardy, and a (fake I think) story that she posted got out anyway

However she needs to prove that this is the case, not just claim it’s so. Does she have any evidence that only Vardy had access to the account or is she just claiming that to be the case? One of them is lying (Vardy I expect) however without actual evidence Rooney is going to find it difficult to prove that to be the case.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.