• This topic has 177 replies, 90 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • This Vardy vs Rooney case….
  • csb

I hate myself for reading the coverage but it’s fascinating how Vardy seems to have pursued a case in which she is looking like the defendant (and appears to be massively incriminating herself?). Bizarre. Is this simply over inflated egos and opportunistic lawyers at work?

Caher

I’d say it’s a first world problem for the very elite but I’m not interested. I still answered the thread though, stupid me.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m more interested in how Wayne Rooney appears to be Wayne Rooney inside Wayne Rooney.

bfw

They both should be given a million hours litter picking community service, and the lawyers while we are at it…

MoreCashThanDash

I gather from overhearing it on the news that the judge has told them to stop wasting money and sort it out between themselves. Does seem to be a storm in a D cup

DickBarton

Absolutely hilarious but also absolutely petty and being played out in court due to being very rich…

2tyred

Everyone involved can get in the sea.

At a time when working people can’t afford to feed their families it’s just offensive.

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s utter crap but strangely interesting!
    Vardy currently looking well dodgy.
    Admitting to sending ‘gossip’ to her agent, requesting payment for said gossip and then ‘losing’ her phone in the North Sea a few days after a court said it was to be turned over to the defendants lawyers (not just dropped it in the loo…. lost it in the North Sea FFS!!)

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

What’s the actual crime in this case?

Cynical perhaps, but I thought the whole thing seemed a bit publicity stunt.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bizarre. Is this simply over inflated egos and opportunistic lawyers at work?

Yes. Well, mostly, we can’t deny there’s a lot of money to be made by being a ‘WAG’ and you can’t sell so many diet and exercise DVDs if the public don’t like you so much, but it taking the piss really.

Neither of them would give the General Public a moments notice, if it weren’t for who they were married to. I don’t think either of them are particularly nice people and only add to the social problems we have in the UK due to the misuse of Social Media.

We have a court system in tatters, people on remand for months, years even waiting for a court date and it’s only getting worse, whilst these pair of vacuous tarts get to use the High Court to have the WAG equivalent of a hairpulling match outside a flat-roof pub.

I’d turn a hose on the pair of them an tell them to sulk back to their gastly marble palaces until they learn to grow up a bit.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Vardy thinks she’s been libeled by Ms Rooney (who was probably right all along)

fingerbang
    Free Member

They both should be given a million hours litter picking community service, and the lawyers while we are at it…

Posted 4 minutes ago

Stop lawyer bashing! If the stupid rich c””ts want to pay lawyers then let em it’s not the lawyers fault

(A lawyer)

johndoh
    Free Member

There is no crime but she is being sued for libel.

bensongd
    Free Member

It did give us the Wagatha Christie headline so I’m OK with it.

Utter waste of time and money in reality of course.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cynical perhaps, but I thought the whole thing seemed a bit publicity stunt.

Lible, which is a civil offence, rather than a crime. Vardy allegedly gossiped ‘private’ information that Rooney posted on her private (aka not Public facing) Instagram account to her Agent, who in turn leaked it to the Sun. Rooney managed to work it who it was and said unplesant things about her online. It’s pure teenager stuff, but they’ve got money and influence so real criminal proceedings will have to wait.

It’s a job for Judge Judy or Jeremy Kyle really.

cookeaa

Oxygen theft…

binners

Apparently they’re up to over a million quid in legal fees already EACH! 😳

Imagine if they’d donated that 2 million to food banks, or Ukrainian refugees or anything that wasn’t so spirit-crushingly pointless

On the news footage last night, the look on Shreks face said “Seriously… FFS?!!” I see Jamie Vardy was nowhere to be seen. I’d love to hear his thoughts on it when his missus wasn’t around too 😂

Superficial
    Free Member

I read that, realistically, the most compensation either could claim if they ‘won’ (a dubious term, given the circumstances) was around £80,000. Obviously that wouldn’t come close to covering their own legal fees, let alone the other’s. So it’s not a direct money-making scam, even for the winner.

So it’s either: A) a serious grudge match between two idiots with more money than sense or B) a way of boosting their collective visibility via a media circus, that they can somehow subsequently monetise. They say there’s no such thing as bad publicity… I imagine “Cards on the Table: The REAL Story of Colleen Rooney’s Suffering at the Hands of Rebecca Vardy” has already been written. I’m not sure whether it’s for Hello! mag or perhaps as a paperback to be released just in time for chrimbo. And we’ll lap it up.

stevie750

I have a question for legal people here, with such a backlog in the legal system for actual crimes how does this get to the high court?

oldenough
    Free Member

I’m not totally giving the Lawyers a free pass on this one. They have a choice whether to take this sort of case or not. They generally choose to take the money, they could say no 🤷‍♂️

binners

I have a question for legal people here, with such a backlog in the legal system for actual crimes how does this get to the high court?

I’m not a legal expert but I’d say that in this country you get the ‘justice’ you can afford

MoreCashThanDash

It’s a civil case so totally different system.

argee

It’s a libel case, London sees hundreds of them so not really wasting time, reality is they’re both just as bad, I’d probably say that mrs Rooney is slightly worse as she saw herself as the lead wag and loved that whole show.

Feel sorry for jamie vardy though, he always seems decent, I believe they’ll be off to the states soon though, so someone else’s problem!

Rich_s

I reckon this one will end up as nominal damages, each side standing their own fees.

But yes, I am struggling to give a **** about their petty little world. Despite posting on here about it.

chakaping
    Free Member

If this story has made you feel cheap and tawdry so far, wait until you read this…
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-andre-rebekah-vardys-chipolata-26931483

MoreCashThanDash

The complete breakdown of the justice system is not down to these two ladies, though I can see the Justice Minister trying to spin that line – The Secret Barrister’s book is a little nearer the truth.

csb

@chapaking an informative article certainly.

wait4me

If this story has made you feel cheap and tawdry so far, wait until you read this…
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-andre-rebekah-vardys-chipolata-26931483

Yes I’m sure that Mr Andre is delighted that the story is not just known to Sun readers. I read about the poor little sausage in the Guardian today.

frankconway

Gives a whole new meaning to ‘…poor little sausage’

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’m not totally giving the Lawyers a free pass on this one. They have a choice whether to take this sort of case or not. They generally choose to take the money, they could say no 🤷‍♂️

Not really, if you advertise yourself as a libel lawyer and someone comes to you with a meritorious case and is prepared to pay your fees then you can’t unreasonably refuse to act

AD

Is anyone that interested or really care?

More important things going on to be concerned about!!

AD

Light relief in all honesty.

And the fact I can be amused by the antics of two ‘pseudo-celebs’ AND still be concerned about tories trashing my country AND by a Russian invasion of Ukraine AND the ongoing fallout of Brexit I have to deal with every single day in my job.

argee

The good thing is that you can keep up to date on this one and the Johnny Depp case at the same time due to the time difference 😁

funkmasterp

Could they combine it with the Depp/Heard thing? Get Judge Judy and Trisha in?

No Jeremy Kyle it….true entertainment then.

We could then hear the unfabricated fabricated truth….er I think!

DickBarton

Does show how shallow some people are…a public social media account and a private one. The private one appears to be a collection of posts about stuff people don’t really want know – how have we as a society become so needy of other people’s attention and likes?

I don’t get it, but then I rarely share stuff with my family so perhaps I’m the one who is broken.

136stu
    Free Member

Feel sorry for jamie vardy though, he always seems decent

Almost went over my head that one 👏

scaredypants

Since I’m right in with the social meejas, I’m saying #WAGF

pondo

Need their heads banging together, the pair of them.

I’m not totally giving the Lawyers a free pass on this one. They have a choice whether to take this sort of case or not. They generally choose to take the money, they could say no

Why would they? A business that turns down this sort of business won’t be in business as a business for long.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.