Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • This Vardy vs Rooney case….
  • Premier Icon 5lab
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is why it matters whether it was Vardy or Vardy’s PA/publicist/whatever that did the dirty deed using Vardy’s account details and password. Surely if she sets up an account there is an acceptance that she owns everything and anything done by people to whom she has granted access…

I don’t think she does own all actions taken on the account, however, Rooney said “it was her account” not “it was her” – isn’t the fact it was vardy’s account

a) demonstraitably true
    b) not slanderous even if it wasn’t true (as it doesn’t infer a person has done anything)

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

I think Vardy has shown herself to be a lying waste of space and should lose everything – but I’ve no idea about whether Team Rooney have done enough to satisfy the legal side of it.
    I certainly hope so.

Premier Icon verses

anyone fancy playing Judge Judy and hazard a guess on the verdict?

Is the judge allowed to knock their heads together and tell them to buck up?

Premier Icon Rich_s

Hang on, is this the one where one of them allegedly crapped on a bed? I get very confused.

Premier Icon doris5000
    Free Member

Hang on, is this the one where one of them allegedly crapped on a bed? I get very confused.

No, that’s the other semi final. The winner of that one will meet the winner of this one in the final. It’s in the car park outside Aldi on Church Road at 2am on Sunday

Premier Icon duncancallum

Premier Icon DrJ
    Free Member

I don’t think she does own all actions taken on the account, however, Rooney said “it was her account” not “it was her” – isn’t the fact it was vardy’s account

a) demonstraitably true
    b) not slanderous even if it wasn’t true (as it doesn’t infer a person has done anything)

That makes sense to me, but I read that an earlier ruling was that “Vardy’s account” means “Vardy”. I am not a lawyer – thank god.

My non-learned opinion is that La Rooney has come out of this looking a lot better than Ms Vardy. Not that that is a very high bar.

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

The case has now ended and the judge will reserve her ruling to a later date.

Awww…. I want to know now!!
    😤

Premier Icon onehundredthidiot
    Free Member

From Instagram’s terms.

“You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name. You are responsible for keeping your password secure. You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Instagram users. You may not use the Instagram service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.19 Jan 2013”

Premier Icon ElShalimo

All the money wasted on this is a disgrace. The millions could have been used to fund food banks (or maybe for rehab therapies for daft people with crap cosmetic surgery like the two idiots who fell out)

Premier Icon csb

As long as (UK) tax is paid on it and it’s recirculated into the economy I’m quite happy for daft rich people to be relieved of their wealth.

Premier Icon jon1973
    Free Member

Is anyone that interested or really care?

4 pages worth so far 😉

Premier Icon franksinatra

Is anyone that interested or really care?

I have absolutely LOVED this story. I don’t watch football, I don’t follow celebrities, I don’t watch reality TV and until last week I wouldn’t have recognised either of them if they walked passed me in the street.

In the current time of totally depressing news, countries being invaded, people not being able to afford heating, a corrupt moral vacuum of government, Wagatha trial has been a welcome tonic. It is totally pointless, generally harmless and there has been a morbid fascination with watching Vardy just implode her own case. There has also been some wonderful Twitter commentary from the journalists covering it, all of whom seem to be treating it as a bit of a break from reporting serious stuff. I am genuinely sad it is almost over.

Premier Icon sirromj
    Free Member

I’ve ignored this thread until now assumed it was entirely football related. Had to google what it was about. Learnt* about their different hair styles at high court. Got bored.

*using the word learnt in the sense where absolutely nothing was learnt whatsoever.

Premier Icon TiRed

@franksinatra sums it up for me too. I have no real interest, but what a distraction. Those terms and conditions are somewhat damaging.

Premier Icon ElShalimo

Who won?

Is it over yet?

Premier Icon Caher

Yes hopefully. It exposes how the lumpen proletariat likes to spend our money.

Premier Icon mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Who won?

What do they win if they do win?

Premier Icon onehundredthidiot
    Free Member

Who wins? Some high end restaurants, probably a car dealership, estate agents, possibly a cleaner or two who has to tidy up afterwards.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

As already suggested, I think they play the winner of Heard v Depp in the final….

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

Not a lawyer, but as a former news (and showbiz) journo – one thing that stuck with me was the test of libel being that the offending statement must lower the claimant “in the estimation of right-thinking members of society”.

So to take a current example, I’d have a good defence if I called Elon Musk a hypocritical bully with a massive ego – because that’s a commonly held opinion based on established evidence.

I’m not bold enough to predict the outcome, but I’d put my money on Rooney if I had to.

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.