• This topic has 177 replies, 90 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • This Vardy vs Rooney case….
  • chakaping
    Free Member

From memory she blocked everyone apart from Vardy, and a (fake I think) story that she posted got out anyway

Yep, I meant presumably she documented that somehow (or Insta have backed her up).

johndoh
    Free Member

Yep, I meant presumably she documented that somehow (or Insta have backed her up).

Even if they can prove that (which I don’t think has been confirmed), Vardy has already said that her PR person had access to her account so it could have been her that leaked the stories… It’s a tricky one.

chakaping
    Free Member

Vardy has already said that her PR person had access to her account so it could have been her that leaked the stories

Look at my previous post about how Rooney worded her bombshell to cover that.

That got some nods of admiration from journos at the time, and I wonder whether a lawyer had helped her with it.

keithb

Well, as a lawyer has apparenlty said:
    “What a wonderful case: absolutely nothing at stake and enough fees to retire on!”

Good for them (the lawyers), i can only envy the potential income they’ll get from this, and hope they put it too good use recirculating it round the economy.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Wonder if there’s any argument about if RV allowed her agent to have access to her account then she is still responsible for it usage in that respect anyway?

StirlingCrispin

they can’t prove it beyond reasonable doubt without evidence.

Civil cases are on the balance of probability so I assume that applies here.

Rich_s

Qui facit per alium facit per se

I reckon.

dander

Regardless of the result Rooney will come out of it far better than Vardy. If that matters.

FWIW Rooney does seem a bit smarter than the average WAG.

onehundredthidiot

Which is quite ironic or a very low bar.

kerley
    Free Member

Football players are not typically very intelligent so why would their wives be (on presumption that people generally marry other people with similar levels of intelligence)

TheFlyingOx

StirlingCrispin

Colleen Rooney left school in Croxteth with 10 GCSEs (that’s more than most people I guess).

Article by Marina Hyde – who’s normally busy ripping into Boris Johson:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/13/phone-north-sea-rebekah-vardy-coleen-rooney-libel-case

” <Rooney> has always prized loyalty above almost anything else. And, as you might expect from a proud Liverpool girl, she is not particularly crazy about the Sun. ”

leffeboy

That article is worth it for the opening line:

There are battles. There are libel battles. And then there is … Wagnarok.

Writers are having fun with this

w00dster

Being honest I don’t see what Colleen has to lose. Win or lose she has in my opinion come across as fairly decent and normal. Somebody in her “close circle” was selling private stories about her. She discovered who fairly cleverly and called them out. This case has shown that the leak (and others) were made by Vardy or someone who Vardy was working with to sell leaks.
    Vardy has come across as an absolute horrible human being.

mefty
    Free Member

Being honest I don’t see what Colleen has to lose.

There is a pretty decent chance she will lose the case and will have to pick up both sides costs and pay damages.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If she does (and I hope she doesn’t) then hopefully she’s a deal in place with some magazine/paper to pay for it.
    Irony not withstanding!!

W00dster +1 anyway.

Saccades
    Free Member

Moral Victor though I think.

kerley
    Free Member

There is a pretty decent chance she will lose the case and will have to pick up both sides costs and pay damages.

With that being £3MM+ then quite a bit to lose. Or quite a bit for most of us anyway.

oldschool

The bit that I can’t get my head around, as a normal person. Vardy had/has more than enough money, Jamie is not on minimum wage in a factory. So WTF did her getting a few grubby quid matter so much? The stories didn’t ‘raise vardy’s profile” at the time, so what was in it for her?
    It’s like me leaking non-important stuff from work for the equivalent of £1, it’s completely pointless.
    She must have better things to do with her time surely? I know I would if I had millions.

gardentiger
    Free Member

^^^

Same reason John Terry hawked stadium visits undercutting his own club.

Guttersnipes made ‘good’.

thecaptain
    Free Member

The idea that any of the vacuous narcissists involved thinks they have a reputation that could be damaged by the leak of some rumours, true or false, is….well I just couldn’t give a sausage. Perhaps Peter Andre could.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Wagnarok FTW!

RustySpanner

Guttersnipes made ‘good’.

Of course, only working class women who have come into wealth are capable of such behaviour.

docgeoffyjones

Even If Vardy wins, She will not be able to ‘clear her name’ unless she can prove Watt acted without her consent. Does anyone know if she has any experience as a North sea diver?

gardentiger
    Free Member

Of course, only working class women who have come into wealth are capable of such behaviour.

Hence the reason I mentioned John Terry.

Let’s face it, if Jamie Vardy wasn’t minted, she wouldn’t be with him.

alanl
    Free Member

It’s like me leaking non-important stuff from work for the equivalent of £1, it’s completely pointless.
    She must have better things to do with her time surely? I know I would if I had millions.

Just like Sam Allardyce doing dodgy deals when being the part time England Manager on only £1million a year?

oldschool

Just like Sam Allardyce doing dodgy deals when being the part time England Manager on only £1million a year?

But why. That’s the bit I can’t understand. I’ve never been worth millions, and am unlikely to be. However, I very much doubt that if I was I’d do this shit. I’ve not done it so far so why do it now.

Mr Oldschool, I see you’re worth xxx million. Can you tell me what Dave did last Saturday night???
    **** knows, I was busy with my own life.

bigdaddy

The thing is I don’t think they have better things to do with their time- I think they spend most of the time bored out of their skins, when you have everything, nothing has value…

gardentiger
    Free Member

But why.

Money-grubbing habits that can’t be kicked. It really is that simple.

alanl
    Free Member

But why. That’s the bit I can’t understand. I’ve never been worth millions, and am unlikely to be.

Yes, as said above by gardentiger, they are just money grabbing, and a million isnt enough, they want £10m. When they have £10m, They want £100m.
    I’ve done some work for a really well off guy recently. Amongst the other things he has tried to sell was an old radiator. I asked if he wanted it put in the skip, he said he’d keep it and try to sell it. At most it was worth £10, but was just scrap really. I just CBA selling junk for a possible £10, whereas he was well off and tried to sell it.

onehundredthidiot

It’s just “friend” circle bitchiness but by people with too much time and money. Where it’s not played out in the pub but on the front pages. And part of their self worth is how many times they appear in the glossies.
    It’s quite sad that they will think this is normal. But a magazine will pay big money for an exclusive and that will perpetuate the myth of personality.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

“I just CBA selling junk for a possible £10, whereas he was well off and tried to sell it.”

There may be a lesson there…

13thfloormonk

Yeah, if you’re rich then there’s a very good chance it’s because you really really really LOVE money. It’s not like we all stop riding and acquiring bikes once we’ve reached some arbitrary upper limit of miles ridden/bikes acquired 😁

We use the ice cream analogy in our family. The one successful/wealthy uncle always bought the shittest ice cream. Or to put it another way, part of the reason he was wealthy was that he didn’t spend £££ on ice cream 🙄

Just wonder if the magazines have some sort of interest in a big silly court battle, could Vardy and Rooney almost be ‘sponsored’ to drag this out and make it all as tawdry as possible? (I notice they managed to drag magazine/housewives favourite Peter Andre into it as well!)

Bunnyhop

It was bad news reporting by the BBC, when a piece about Deborah James (now a Dame), known as bowel babe, who has raised more than £5,000,000 for her charity, was followed by a piece about that utter tosh court case. Petty bitching and a waste of money, time and energy imo.

Dame Deborah is now fighting to stay alive and those two idiots make me ashamed to be a woman.

MoreCashThanDash

We use the ice cream analogy in our family. The one successful/wealthy uncle always bought the shittest ice cream. Or to put it another way, part of the reason he was wealthy was that he didn’t spend £££ on ice cream 🙄

Proof money can’t buy you happiness

sharkbait
    Free Member

Final day.
    Vardy has walked out of court whilst being torn apart by Rooneys barrister in his closing statement.

And she’s seen fit to have an ‘angry’ conversation with a Sun reporter outside the court about a story that’s just been published about the Vardy’s moving abroad!
    Epic amounts of irony right there!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is why it matters whether it was Vardy or Vardy’s PA/publicist/whatever that did the dirty deed using Vardy’s account details and password. Surely if she sets up an account there is an acceptance that she owns everything and anything done by people to whom she has granted access…

I can just imagine the look on my boss’s face if the bank was **** over using my login details and I turned to her and said ” it wasn’t me, it was the person i shared my login with”

< apologies in advance if I haven’t been following closely enough>

csb

@generalist your take on it seems to be as good as anyone else’s!

MoreCashThanDash

The issue with The Sun this morning is interesting – a not very subtle reminder that of you play with fire, it can burn you?

Surely if she sets up an account there is an acceptance that she owns everything and anything done by people to whom she has granted access…

This should be obvious – a small cycling brand had a new media person in charge of their social media accounts during lockdown and they put up a pretty insensitive “yay it’s Freedom Day” post and got absolutely roasted for it, but the owners took responsibility for their employees mistake.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

anyone fancy playing Judge Judy and hazard a guess on the verdict?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.