Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 457 total)
  • The Voyage of the Gnusmobile
  • tjagain

rockthreegozy is your man.

Absolutely stupendous work Marko.  Thats fantastic.  12 months ticket makes this all worthwhile really.  Bet it handles a bit better now.  Was a bit vague and wandery at the front 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awesome!

Now then, I have a seized rear calliper on my roadster that needs changing !! 😉

Cougar

Marko and Jon, you are legends both.

Hey Molly, maybe Marko can make the Passat Not Shit whilst you’re there? (-:

weeksy

Fantastic work Marko!

theotherjonv

Top work Marko!

fadda

Bloody good job, Marko!

Molgrips – am I needed for delivery, or are you going to ride over to fetch it? Happy to help in any way I can, but also conscious that the tax and insurance still need sorted…

singletrackmind

Great Job Marko

Up to a very respectable 8/10 on the robometer of awesomness

Working on older cars on your drive , with a dash of tin worm, is not the nicest job in the world. lots of metalic flakes in the eyes, and hair etc. Still  you have acheived alot in a short space of time, nice one.

Ambrose

Marko- seriously mate, big respect.

mattbee

Great stuff.

How is the kitty looking now? I’ll chuck a bit more in if it’s looking bare.

bikebouy
    Free Member

How is the kitty looking now? I’ll chuck a bit more in if it’s looking bare.

Seconded.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Kitty wise waiting to get numbers from Tj and Marko but will update ASAP.. By the sounds of it a fair few pennies going on parts but that’s the way it is sometimes!

tjagain

Hopefully the budget is OKish depending quite how much Marko has spent but there should be enough for tax and MOT in the kitty after expenses

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Hopefully the budget is OKish depending quite how much Marko has spent but there should be enough for tax and MOT in the kitty after expenses

So it needs more for the insurance?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

At the moment:

Total raised £1060, minus fees is £1,016.45

Mark, TJ and tax for the year = £762

Currently there is £254 to go towards insurance, which we think will be closer to £500 for the year. There also might be a bit more cost wise getting the car from Marko to Gnusmas

Please keep the donations coming if you can!!

lunge

What’s the link to the kitty? I’d like to throw a couple of quid in.

gnusmas

Marko – a massive thankyou to you for sorting the car and giving it a fresh mot. Nice to know, apart from anything that might crop up, it is good fro the next year. Any idea when it will next need a service?

A massive thankyou to you all again for making this happen. When i first posted on this thread saying I hope it gets a good home, I did not expect all of this to happen. It has been brilliant reading and I check everyday to see any updates. I haven’t posted every time, it has also been very overwhelming too.

I spoke to Ambrose last night and discussed a few things. Hopefully the last stage of the voyage of the gnusmobile will be as smooth as the rest of the journey.

Thankyou all again.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

LINKY FOR DONATIONS

https://www.gofundme.com/wheels-for-gnusmas

LINKY FOR DONATIONS

fadda

Thought I’d post the link again:

mattbee

Popped a bit more in as it would be a shame to be short now.

fadda

Me too.

Marko

Gnus mobile is good to go.

Levels checked and topped up as required. Tyre pressures checked. Only outstanding job would be to look at the central locking. I might get the chance to look, depending on when it gets collected.

@Gnusmas.

Just drive it for a year and don’t worry about a service or any repairs. (Check the fluid levels regularly though). Come this time next year just stick it in for an MOT and see how much  it will cost to get it through another MOT.

When customers used to ask me if a car was repairing I always asked how much they would pay per day to have access to instant transport? Most agreed it was worth a £1 a day, so they had at least £300 to spend on repairs for the MOT. That is a bit simplified, but that is always the starting point.

A few more pictures of the repairs:

fadda

I can get to Tintern and pick it up tomorrow evening (say 6:00ish?) and get it straight to molgrips’ house, unless anyone has a better plan.

But we need to sort the tax and insurance first – any news?

Edit: nice to see pics of your fabulous efforts, Marko!

shindiggy
    Free Member

Small Donation made and a bump for the cause.

theotherjonv

As said before, I’ll cover the road tax (sorry, forgot where I was!!  VED) – can’t afford to do it in one chunk but I can on a monthly basis. Not sure if I can without being the owner / keeper, so if it’s easier for Gnusmas to do that and send me his bank details I’ll set up a SO to put it into his a/c on a monthly basis too. Otherwise if someone else can advise me of the details that I need to tax it (and I think if it’s done online that’s a reference on the V5, the MOT and insurance is checked on online databases) then I’ll do it directly.

Keep the donations kitty for other expenses / petrol / whatever.

theotherjonv

googled – looks like I can if someone has the V5 details they can give me.

https://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/dvla-guide/how-tax-abroad-64.htm

Ambrose

I’m more than happy to drive gnusmas/ Alan to wherever the car happens to be but cannot do so until the 5th November onwards unfortunately.

theotherjonv

Marko / Gnusmas – sent you a message through the pm function yesterday, but tried sending it to you both at the same time and may not have worked. can you have a look and see. Need some details before I can sort the tax.

Others – looks like with the repairs and o.o.p costs there isn’t quite enough left to insure it, so if we can find a bit more each that would be superb.

gnusmas

Saw your pm in the early hours this morning, will reply to you in a minute.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

A little cash for the gnusmobile sent from Sweden. Enjoy doing doughnuts  in car parka gnusmas! Top top top work all.

jonnyboi

Please keep the donations coming if you can!!

done, link for the morning crew below

gnusmas

Jonv – now replied, thankyou.

Everyone else, again thankyou for all you continue to do and for all the donations. Still completely overwhelmed by it all.

There is no rush at all for me needing the car. I also need to be able to have someone be here with the kids so I can come and pick it up.

It does make sense to wait and start the tax on a fresh month. But it means it sitting outside someone’s house for a few more days. Would this be a problem?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another donation from me.

Hope this goes someway to assist with the running costs.

Fabulous effort by all concerned.

To those that gave their time and physical effort, you’ve given way more than my small donations so a huge thanks from me for giving the time and creating space to help someone else less fortunate out.

Amazballz.

Sandwich

Levels checked and topped up as required. Tyre pressures checked. Only outstanding job would be to look at the central locking.

Ashtray emptied? 🙂

Marko

‘Ashtray emptied?’

Yes. Part of the 20 second valet.

Happy for the Gnus mobile to sit here until needed. Plenty of room here.

shifter
    Free Member

Chipped in, and bump.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hey Molly, maybe Marko can make the Passat Not Shit whilst you’re there? (-:

Hehe, he has already very generously helped me with it, and I abused his generosity by taking ages to return his stuff for which I am still sorry. However thanks in part to his advice and help the Passat is running very nicely currently and has been for ages. Except for the battery drain issue…..

Anyway, thinking next weekend is best for the pickup cos I can’t do today. Its probably safer left at Marko’s for the week than on the street here.

However my location is a great place for a ride…

andrewh
    Free Member

Any idea when it will next need a service?

I did the oil and filter in the spring, so 5-6k miles ago

Thought I’d SORNed it on 17th (insurance ran out on 18th) but didn’t get the confirmation email so have just logged on again and done it again, it’s gone through this time. Does this mean it was uninsured and not SORN for nearly a week and f so will we be in trouble?

tjagain

a week will not get you / us into trouble.

Marko

Does this mean it was uninsured and not SORN for nearly a week and f so will we be in trouble?

I don’t know about the SORN, but it is insured at all times when in my possession.

Marko

colp

Just thrown a few quid in, great work everyone!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘The Voyage of the Gnusmobile’ is closed to new replies.