The Voyage of the Gnusmobile

Home Forum Chat Forum The Voyage of the Gnusmobile

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 457 total)
  • The Voyage of the Gnusmobile
  • Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

Bloody awesome 😎

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

How do you post one of those massive smileys?

😀

(maybe)(not) 😆

Brilliant anyway.

nbt

gnusmas wrote

<snip>Along with one small addition which will be revealed.

Top work all. No dust here, just tears in my eye from the sheer awesomeness. Man up and admit that crying is not just for softies

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

NBT – I cried on the way home in the car yesterday. Once the awesomeness of it all passed, I suddenly had a realisation why I was in the car and off I went. Managed to stop before I met Ambrose at the services. I was on the verge of going again while I was speaking to tj on the phone so handed the phone back to Ambrose quite sharply, sorry for that tj.

The journey home was a mixed bag of emotions. Happy to have a car again, but really upset and sad why this had all happened. Quite a few tears on the way home too. Crying isn’t for softies, although I think i have probably cried enough so far for all of you.

Thankyou all again for everything you have done. I know i keep repeating it but I genuinely mean it.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Magnificent work one and all, truly heart warming.

Also, isn’t it odd seeing pics of people who you’ve only known from their screen-names. They never look like what you imagined do they?!

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

I know what you mean. Ambrose will more than likely have a go at me for saying this, but i remind myself of jabba the hut in those photos. Comfort eating is not good, at least my Stiffee is ready to ride so hopefully soon I can start to shift some weight.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

All involved deserve massive good fortune and happiness. Bravo.

Premier Icon mercuryrev
    Subscriber

When there’s so much anger and divide around, it’s incredibly heart warming and reassuring to read this and to thankfully be able play a very small part in.

Gnusmas, you really don’t need to say thank you to anyone here, your courage, strength and consideration of others is what made everyone do this for you. I know you struggle with ‘doing the right thing’, but you are. More than you know right now. Keep doing what you’re doing.

To everyone who has played a part in this, big or small, well done, I’m sure you don’t want to, but feel proud of what you’ve done.

Ambrose, you are a special person, I’m sure Gnusmas wouldn’t be where he is right now without your quiet help and support. Thank you, you’re an inspiration.

Best thing on the internet. I wish you many happy journeys with your kids. All the best. SP.

Premier Icon pocpoc
    Subscriber

I’ve been following this from the start and seeing those photos has brought a tear to my eye.
    This place really is awesome! And well done to all involved, your generousity to strange internet people you’ve never met before is truly outstanding.

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

This proves the point that whenever bad stuff happens, good people step forward. That is true whether it be a terrorist attack, a car accident, or family tragedy. Humans are not so bad (but I still prefer dogs)

Premier Icon swavis
    Subscriber

Well done to all involved, truly heartwarming! 🙂

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Not bad, not bad at all!

🙂

tjagain

nope  can’t make it work.  the double thumbs up pic is the one we all wanted to see – that and a cartoon stylee one with all the kids crammed in there with arms and legs sticking out of windows!

What an epic tale!  Amazing, just amazing what everyone has done!

I hope you enjoy the car Gnusmas and that it helps to make life a little easier.

poolman

Thanks everyone brilliant work,  can’t we get a stw window sticker for it.

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

at least my Stiffee is ready to ride so hopefully soon I can start to shift some weight.

Where’s that Panther chap when you need him?

Bunnyhop

Claps hand in glee. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Now gnusmas you get that lovely bike of yours out and ride into the wind. (I need some photos as proof).

bunnyhop X

P.S. I’m sure everyone will agree that in a year from now, we can collect some funds for more tax, M.O.T and insurance purposes. But that’s in the future.

wonderful stuff, may the driving gods of STW be with you gnusmas!

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Wow.

Despite all the tossery, this place never ceases to amaze.

Lovely to see the pictures of you all and if anyone fancies meeting up in North Wales at the arse end of January, the beers and accomodation (climbing club hut, nowt fancy!) are on me.

Ambrose, Rebecca is still wearing the necklace and asks me to thank you every time I speak to her.

I’ve been silently following this thread &, damn, this place is simply awesome.

I echo Lunges thought that people never look like I have them in my head from their screen names.

Long live the gnusmobile & long live the awesomeness of STW.

tjagain

Aye its funny the image you have of folk.  I had Ambrose as a huge gentle giant of a man.  Molgrips as short and wiry with a shock of black hair – sort of Dennis the menace look 😉

Goodness only knows the mental image folk had of me – and the scratty beard and hair has now gone so I no longer look like those pics anyway

Great job everyone involved in this effort!

andrewh

Big thanks from MrsH for the chocolates, nice surprise for her when they arrived 🙂

Enjoy it Gnusmas, and take good care of it.

tjagain

I forgot to mention rockthreegozy for sorting the money.   Ta muchly. Not a task I wanted

Premier Icon Oblongbob
    Subscriber

Completely fantastic! What a great thing this is. Well done to all involved – from those who put in such a shift to those who contributed to the pot. I really hope the car works well for the family, Gnusmas. Best wishes.

Houns

Well done all, you win the internet for this quarter. Sorry I couldn’t help out with logistics, damn work getting in the way

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

Been out to do a bit of shopping this afternoon after picking the little one up from nursery. Stocked up on a few things that we really needed, like milk.

A couple of things i noticed earlier. First thing, i definitely won’t get the car seats in the way that i hoped. I need to work this out so will probably wait til Saturday to do this when i have more time. Second, i found a pair of cycling shoes behind the drivers seat. I am guessing they are molgrips shoes, seeing as he was the only one to cycle to get the car. More evidence of the journey though, which is nice.

Few more pics to add to the story.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mz761Aa88jJo3swA6

Not sure whose these are, need to find out so I can send them back

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tUoVKnuFWj37vbb9A

He found the window switch

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SzwfABg3xGmjP4CV9

I think the smile says it all

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

if anyone was in any doubt, that smile is why people do things like this. Because you all deserve to be able to smile once in a while.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Second, i found a pair of cycling shoes behind the drivers seat.

Bollocks!

If you can stick them in the post, I’ll reimburse.  Sorry!

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

No worries, will get them back to you. Still got your address. Like I said, guessed they were yours. Will let you know when they are on their way.

tjagain

Yup – that works for me.  That smile is what its all about

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6aCjVvpkCJS3pLjR9

Another happy one, when she realised we were keeping the car every day

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DeQd5ZLgdhSazb9YA

Still happy

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

The thread that keeps on giving! Stay fabulous Gnusmas & little Gnusmas’s

Premier Icon spacey
    Subscriber

That’s just wonderful

I love it when a plan comes together. Brilliant photos Gnusmas.

Premier Icon bazhall
    Subscriber

Been following this thread for a while and shows what a great community this place is, well done to everyone who fixed the car and got it too gnusmas.

Love the smiles on the wee ones faces in the car, hope you have some great adventures gnusmas.

jonnyboi

Brilliant pics!

Gnusmas, I don’t know if you know but the rear seats should slide back and forth to give you either more boot space or more legroom in the rear. The handle is at the front of the seat and works like a front seat does

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Nothing brightens up the world like a child’s smile – lovely photos.

Work and general logistics prevented me from getting involved in the practicalities but good to know that my few £ went to such a worthwhile , life affirming and heart-warming cause.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 457 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.