Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 295 total)
  • The Suarez nearest the bull ban length game
  • muggomagic

So it sounds like it’s 9 world cup matches so if Uruguay qualify for the next tournament he would miss some of that too from what the lady reading the statement was saying

Rockape63
    Free Member

good work FIFA! 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Suspended for 9 world cup matches

And 4 months from all football!
    what for?
    I saw nothing
    What did you see?
    You sure
    It did not happen

muggomagic

Can’t wait to see Gus Poyet’s face when he’s next on ITV. 🙂
    Colombia will be pissing themselves over this.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Seems reasonable for a starting point, whens the rest of the ban desicion going to be made? 🙄

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah but its suarez bite now not ‘bite’ so it must be true!

portlyone

Must be lots of British media on the FIFA disciplinary board!

jambalaya
    Free Member

9 match ban from WC means qualifiers too I assume however given his age I cannot see him being at the 2017 quali’s or 2018 WC – so band is meaningless outside the current tournament.

4 months from all football actually means 2 months of actual competitive season. Whilst banned from stadiums (so he cannot come to the knockout match and embarrass FIFA) I assume he can still train.

I think this is quite lame.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Is 4 months enoughto stop him from doing it again ?

How many matches will he miss?…. The world cup game … OK … then lets say his ban starts 1 july … no matches in july or half of August… that leaves 2nd half of August then Sept and Oct…. So how many games is that 12/14 ???

Does seem enough to me … if the last ban got him 10

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

what no anger management? what no therapy? its gonna happen again.. he cant help himself.. lucky the chinese never make the major tournaments as they’d be proper tasty..

It’s all a bit fishy to me.. smacks of seb bladderism ( we dont need goal line technology)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Physchologist said he will always do this, the repeated offending shows it’s pre-programmed. A response to stress and frustration. This is why he should banned and for life.

muggomagic

If ban starts today his 1st game for Liverpool will be 1st Nov. That seems enough to me.

muggomagic

HtS – So who was nearest the bull?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Physchologist said

One (or a few) psychologist saying it does not mean it should be taken as FACT, no matter how much you want it to be.

portlyone

Banned from training too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Back in time for Hallowe’en 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think he needs to be made to wear a gum shield or similar to stop him/protect others..perhaps act as a reminder to him?

Not meaning to be an anti liverpool thing as I dont think he ever goes on the pitch wanting to hurt folk – unlike Roy Keane- he just does it and cannot help himself.

stoffel
    Free Member

Double filtered flat-white coffee — because single-filtering is for people who like Jim Davidson.

😆

franksinatra

So he misses 9 Liverpool games. Do they still have to pay him his salary during this time?

stoffel
    Free Member

Seriously though; with all the corruption in world football, peoples killed during construction of stadia (due to poor working conditons and negligible concern for workers’ safety) not to mention the enormous waste of money in a country where health care and education are desperately starved of resources, does it really matter that one overpaididiot bit anotheroverpaid idiot?

Rol on Qatar 2022…

timc
    Free Member

If it stays at 4 months he will miss approx 9 LFC league games, approx 3 Champions League & Maybe a cup game. 😐

D0NK

Their placards are better spelt than most of the ones we get in the UK, maybe Brazil should be sending us money to improve our education?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Twas a mid-match snack, no more – Get over already

wwaswas

timc
    Free Member

stoffel – Member
    Seriously though; with all the corruption in world football, peoples killed during construction of stadia (due to poor working conditons and negligible concern for workers’ safety) not to mention the enormous waste of money in a country where health care and education are desperately starved of resources, does it really matter that one overpaididiot bit anotheroverpaid idiot?

Have you done anything to help the people of Brazil?

chambord
    Free Member

@ wwaswas’s picture

I find it sad that companies are using this as an opportunity for advertisement. It’s utterly bizarre and I’ve laughed at the GIFs and memes, but it is ultimately a man with some mental health problems and I think companies should be a bit more tasteful about it than some teenagers with photoshop and the internet.

bikebouy
    Free Member

timc – Member
    If it stays at 4 months he will miss approx 9 LFC league games, approx 3 Champions League & Maybe a cup game.

Thats ok yeah? Isn’t there a rumour knocking around about him being sacked from LFC?

Harry_the_Spider

HtS – So who was nearest the bull?

No idea. Can’t be arsed working it out.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bikebouy – they will never sack him, it makes economic sense. Sell him yes perhaps.

@chambord – zero sympathy for him, he’s got more than enough money to pay for his own therapy and through all these incidents (3 bites and a racist slur) he’s never truly admitted he was wrong or apologised

stoffel
    Free Member

I find it sad that companies are using this as an opportunity for advertisement. It’s utterly bizarre and I’ve laughed at the GIFs and memes, but it is ultimately a man with some mental health problems and I think companies should be a bit more tasteful about it than some teenagers with photoshop and the internet.

This. The situation could be used as a wonderful opportunity to highlight mental health issues, and football is an excellent vehicle for promoting ideas. Instead, everyone hs a cheap laugh and we ignore wht’s important in our society.

franksinatra

but it is ultimately a man with some mental health problems

bollx.. He is an idiot with a bad temper. Some people hit, some kick, some spit, he bites. It doesn’t mean he has a mental health problem. Th

wilko1999
    Free Member

“he’s never truly admitted he was wrong or apologised”

^this is what really grates my helmetdale. Something so blatantly obvious in all instances with clear video evidence. Not even the decency to apologise. I hope he proves me wrong on this occasion but he seems to think he is bigger than the game and can just do as he pleases.

timc
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Thats ok yeah?

What? Im just clarifying what games he will miss

bikebouy – Member
    Isn’t there a rumour knocking around about him being sacked from LFC?

Sack a £75m asset? you pissed? 😉

ocrider

@bikebouy – they will never sack him, it makes economic sense. Sell him yes perhaps.

Nah. Sack him and take the hit to save face after backing him when he was being a racist shitebag.

muggomagic

He had been denying it because he was probably told that would be his best defence. He’s a brilliant footballer but also a very horrible man. The celebration when Ghana missed the penalty which his blatant handball on the line has conceded, his racist comments and subsequently refusing to shake Evra’s hand after his ban . the previous 2 biting incidents. Then after his fellow professionals and the UK press both make him the player of the year. So after he scores 2 against England, he says that it’s payback for the disrespect that he’s been shown by the English media.
    He’s just a horrible little shit.

crankrider
    Free Member

I wonder what would happen if i walked into a competitors business and proceeded to bite somebody there on the shoulder… an assault charge followed by being sacked I imagine, unless they liked it 😉

The guy should be made to wear a muzzle while playing, that or just castrate him and see if that helps – they would do it to an agressive dog after all.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe I dunno, watched that comment on the BBC earlier this morning.. So he’s worth, well was worth, £75m?
    Noiice, shame he’s devalued himself overnight.

WOuld a team really be interested in him now?

Just askin, pissed I’m not, I may write like I am though 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

WOuld a team really be interested in him now?

Yes

mrlebowski
    Free Member

He had been denying it because he was probably told that would be his best defence. He’s a brilliant footballer but also a very horrible man. The celebration when Ghana missed the penalty which his blatant handball on the line has conceded, his racist comments and subsequently refusing to shake Evra’s hand after his ban . the previous 2 biting incidents. Then after his fellow professionals and the UK press both make him the player of the year. So after he scores 2 against England, he says that it’s payback for the disrespect that he’s been shown by the English media.
    He’s just a horrible little shit.

+1.

A skilled player without doubt, but not a very nice person!

franksinatra

Surely he has massively devalued himself. A club pays millions because they want a player. evidence would suggest that he will carry on getting lengthy suspensions, that therefore makes him an expensive spectator.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘The Suarez nearest the bull ban length game’ is closed to new replies.