Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 295 total)
  • The Suarez nearest the bull ban length game
  • MoreCashThanDash

No decision till after the tournament.

Northwind

I love that his footballers instincts kicked in after he bit the dude, and he had to lie on the ground clutching his teeth. Ref!

brakes
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member
    Lifer
    Free Member

[Football sniper gif]

(Couldn’t be bothered to actually google it. You all know the one anyway)

imnotverygood

Gotta love those Uruguayans
    Uruguay captain Diego Lugano also defended Suarez, whose two goals in the tournament so far came in a victory over England, and criticised the actions of Chiellini.

“What did you see? You saw this, really? You need to show me because I didn’t see anything,” said Lugano.

“Did you see it today or did you see what happened in other years. You couldn’t have seen it today because nothing happened.

“The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini.”

thehustler
    Free Member

conspiracy theory

Remember that plane that went down in the Andes with the rugby players on board who had to turn canibal…………….apparently one of the survivors was called Luis Suarez, and if you click the name on the Wiki page it takes you to the footballer………………modern day vampire anyone?

CaptJon
    Free Member

PrinceJohn

The solution is simple – get him & Mike Tyson in a cage for fight, no punching, no kicking, just mouths.

MrsToast
    Free Member

It could be a child’s face next time!

Jamie
    Free Member

The solution is simple – get him & Mike Tyson in a cage for fight, no punching, no kicking, just mouths.

Sounds kinda sexy 😀

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Get him a muzzle?
    Actually if you have an aggressive dog, you might try castration. However I doubt that FIFA would consider castration…

Tom83

Clearly the British press to blame, making us all imagine it! I’m sure he was trying to get a splinter out of chellini’s shoulder for him…

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s not going to go well for him if it’s front page news in places like this !

convert

Clearly wrong but any worse than a deliberate two footed tackle? I know one is a legal act gone wrong (I guess a deliberate dangerous tackle was never right to go wrong but you know what I mean) and the other is just plain illegal but if I had the option of being bitten or having my leg snapped I’d go for the bite every time.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

It will be his third offence I think 12 matches

66deg
    Free Member

It could be a child’s face next time.

Not now.

Klunk
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

FIFA will fudge this massively. 6 month ban from FIFA matches ?

My question is what will the Premier League do, I wonder if his disciplinary action after the Chelsea bite allows them to take further action if her re-offends. Liverpool will be very worried. Suarez has no place in football, non at all.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@convert – its much worse than a two footed tackle, tackling is part of the game, biting has no place at all.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll play.

Ban for the first half of the next match only.

BadlyWiredDog

He clearly has some sort of pathological behaviour issue. It’s ridiculous, he should be forced to have some proper psychological therapy – you can pan him and ban him as much as you like, but the guy has done this three times, which suggests it’s part of some weird involuntary behavioural pattern. He needs help.

Six months with a side order of intense therapy… 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

woody2000

If this was his third offence of ABH/GBH in day to day life, he’d be doing time surely? As mentioned above, he needs help as he’s clearly got some anger management issues. I think a 12 month ban wouldn’t be excessive and would send the right message. I don’t think that will happen though sadly….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Does FIFA have the ability to ban him from all football or just Internationals ? I can’t see FIFA having the bottle to ban him from all football but he should be.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m going to say 24 international games from FIFA.

The FA will do him for half the season.

soobalias
    Free Member

3 world cup matches, deferred till after this tournament due to lack of evidence and the appeals process.

in terms of nearest the bull, I will go with 3.289matches

bikebouy
    Free Member

You know this is the first time I’ve heard he’s done this kinda thing before, bit wierd when watching an interview with some Brazilian kids on t’telly and they were asked what they thought of him and the overall response was a biting open/close mouth motion..

I kinda get what they meant now 😆

So I’ll open my initial scope to 3mths FIFA ban and a season in the FA home games only.

No physcological help, just a dummy.

big_scot_nanny

Jesus, that gif is pretty conclusive. what a muppet.

However, I suspect it will be some kind of pathetic international ban (1 year) that will come into force after the world cup.

theotherjonv

Clearly wrong but any worse than a deliberate two footed tackle?

I don’t think we have to get into degrees of wrongness to just realise that both these things are very, very wrong.

The problem is that sometimes players make heat of the moment decisions when tackling that – particularly in a fast, physical league like the EPL – can result in some pretty savage tackles and injuries. As some will argue, unless we want tackling to disappear from the game, that’s the risk. Already the laws require players to take other players’ safety into consideration, which should mean that the 30/70 type challenges of days gone by should disappear, but at speed and in desperation I’m not sure players have the time to judge what’s reckless / likely to cause injury or not. If they get it wrong, but in the right spirit, they should be sanctioned properly (by a red card and appropriate ban) but that’s where it should stop.

What we do need however is proper review, after the event if necessary, to decide if a tackle was deliberately reckless / dangerous / malicious, or accidentally. At the moment there’s an EPL panel of ex-refs who review decisions – I’d like to extend that and include ex-players who have a better opinion on whether someone has deliberately set out to injure another player. And in those cases; big bans are in order.

Biting (and spitting) are hardly likely to cause career threatening injuries, but then also there’s no scenario where you might be legally gnashing away and ‘accidentally’ make contact with another player. I agree with what others have said, this isn’t the action of a normal player, and he needs help with it, but that doesn’t mean that FIFA shouldn’t absolutely throw the book at him.

muggomagic

I think he might have a point about the media being out to get him though. I was channel hopping last night and I saw a Dutch guy chomping on a Brazilian, but no mention of it at all in the papers this morning.

IGMC

jambalaya
    Free Member

You know this is the first time I’ve heard he’s done this kinda thing before,

😯 😯 😯

@bikebouy perhaps we should be impressed you’ve managed to avoid wasting time following football, must be all those miles on the bike, no time for such nonsense

Dig out a youtube of the bite against Chelsea that was even more deliberate. Bite and ban when playing in Holland, ban for racist remarks made to Patrice Evra, ban for biting against Chelsea and now a bite against Italy

Lifer
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member
    in a fast, physical league like the EPL

😆

Klunk
    Free Member

I saw a Dutch guy chomping on a Brazilian

you saw the future then 😕

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Saw this comment that made me chuckle

Suarez hopes that Uruguay play Germany so he can try shoulder of Lahm

One year ban is my guess

martinhutch

I think he might have a point about the media being out to get him though. I was channel hopping last night and I saw a Dutch guy chomping on a Brazilian, but no mention of it at all in the papers this morning.

Klunk
    Free Member

‘Suarez will bite again’

Posted at 09:10

A sports psychologist has said Luis Suarez is likely to bite an opponent again because he is “hardwired” to do so.

Sports psychologist Dr Thomas Fawcett told BBC Radio 5 live: “From a psychologist’s perspective it was fairly predictable because of his past history.

“I would suggest he is hardwired in this way. It’s not something that’s going to come out of his character with a few sessions with a psychologist. If it’s happened before it’ll happen again, despite all the help he’s going to do it again.”

lifetime ban it is then !

stoffel
    Free Member

Either FIF will act immediately, or wait until after the tournamentto impose any sanction. With the appeals process, i suspect it might be the latter. It’s an incident not seen/dealt with by the ref at the time, and as such, th eplayer wil be allowed to continue to play until such time there is a hearing. I’ be surprised if FIFA did impose any lengthy ban, considering their falure to act in previous situations. Suarez is a dick, but worse things have happened on a football pitch. And I can’t see how the FA couldimpose any additional sanction, if it’s dealt with by another fotbll body, as that would possibly be deemed prejudicial, and the FA can only act on mtters that happen within the domestic game here (unless it’s of a fraudulent/criminal type stituation).

What is also interesting is what, if any, action FIFA might take against Chiellini, who has made some pretty damning statements (he’s right though), which might be considered bringing the game into disrepute. And he didn’t exactly cover himself in glory by diving onto the floor after being ‘bitten’. That was embarrassing. In fact his actions could well go in Suarez’ favour, as it could be considered that Chielliniwas play acting to deliberately influenc the ref’s decisions. End of the day, they’re a pair of dicks, and I think FIFA should just bang both their heads together and move on.

Jamie
    Free Member

you saw the future then

I think the OP was referring to the fact they were watching some grumble.

D0NK

the FA can only act on mtters that happen within the domestic game here (unless it’s of a fraudulent/criminal type stituation)

like assault? How is it assault during a match very very rarely results in a prosecution, despite video evidence and a hell of a lot of witnesses?

You know this is the first time I’ve heard he’s done this kinda thing before,

chapeu sir, I am sincerely jealous of your level of football ignorance.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘The Suarez nearest the bull ban length game’ is closed to new replies.