Home Forums Chat Forum The one about the Olympic Games 2024

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,000 total)
  • The one about the Olympic Games 2024
  • beej

Cav on the Ethan Hayter incident

crazy-legs

Men’s track omnium just starting on EuroSport now. Ethan Hayter up for Team GB – hopefully recovered after his efforts in the Pursuit yesterday!

snotrag

Nasty crash on the track there – rear disc wheel completely collapsed/shattered!

TiRed

Masterclass from Ethan in the Devil. The hardest Omnium race to gauge. Nice to see all four events in one go. Looks like a standard track meet! All to play for in the points race now.

crazy-legs

Women’s Keirin final – Katy Marchant and Emma Finucane both in this so potential for 2 medals!

Caher

Wow felt Letsile Tebogo had a little more there.

crazy-legs

Men’s Omnium was a corker!

simondbarnes

Not the race I was hoping for but can’t knock a WR in the 400m H!

Loving the javelin too :-)

Caher

Covid seems to be affecting a lot of athletes.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Big morning for KJT in the heptathlon. I hope she got a good night’s sleep. Got a PB in her bête noir, the shot put, and ‘won’ yesterday’s high jump (equal best). Fingers crossed

johndoh
    Free Member

^ Yeah, Denise Lewis seemed pretty confident on the BBC last night given the way she has performed so far.

scuttler

Maybe a few more points in the 200m than she got? Gonna be a brilliant last day and would be so thrilling to see her join Jess and Denise as Olympic champion.

colournoise

Not sure these climbers are actually human?!? Hamish M with an astonishing one handed rotating move on the lead route.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Feels like they’re getting a decent balance with the climbing of making it viewer friendly and still representative of the competitive strand of climbing.

Possibly splitting all 3 disciplines in 2028 I believe?

frogstomp

Gold for Toby Roberts in the men’s climbing combined – amazing!

fingerbang
    Free Member

seems that the heptathlon may have gone for KJT.  Thiam has just been too consistent and outscoring her comprehensively on the throwing events.  KJT’s long jump and 200m were strong but needed to be nearer her PBs.  Still, there’s a chance

colournoise

Yup. Sadly looks like silver. KJT’s 800m PB is 6 seconds quicker than Thiam’s but she needs over 8 seconds for gold?

Tom-B
    Free Member

It’ll still be great to see KJT get a medal. She’s not got one yet, even though she’s actually one of the all time heptathlon high scorers. Thiam is incredible!

fingerbang
    Free Member

She’s a better heptathlete than Ennis and Lewis but just competing at the same time as Thiam.   Aside from Colin Jackson who’s way out there,  probably best GB athlete to never get olympic gold?

crazy-legs

Silver for Team GB (Elinor Barker and Neah Evans) in a chaotic but very entertaining Women’s Madison.

simondbarnes

Could easily have won the women’s 4x100m with a better final changeover. Excellent silver though.

simondbarnes

Bad changeovers for the men too but great final leg to get bronze.

theotherjonv

Made Thiam run a PB by more than a second. You can’t be disappointed with silver if someone else is just that bit better and still has to produce that level to hold you off.

Spin
    Free Member

Got a bit dusty in here watching Megan Keith finish.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Breaking…….it’s not for me

Ooh a weird cover of Horse With No Name by America!

slowoldman

Mrs Slow said “that’s A Horse with no Name”. I said “nah”. Then “Oh yeah”. Awful wasn’t it? Anyway I thought the horses danced better.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I see I wasn’t the only one spotting an awful cover of Horse With No Name! :lol:

Caher

Glad the real sports have now begun. Superb breakdancing tonight. If in the next Olympics they include robot dancing I may have a chance.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Women’s bouldering on now. Two boulders in, Erin McNiece is doing really well.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Taekwondo on before women’s lead climbing. I’m having a flashback to one of the all time great threads…glupton and his band of millionaire CEO mates in Scotland who were lethal at taekwondo and would routinely beat all comers from UFC

onehundredthidiot

Oh Dutch hockey player being a complete knobber. Only one thing worse than a bad loser…..

Oh there’s a surprise everything is ok because “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done it”

Paris Olympics Hockey: Duco Telgenkamp goes from hero to villain after final scuffle

myti
    Free Member

Oh my! just having a browse through the iPlayer on demand stuff and the Women’s B Girl was amazing. Not sure why it had this effect on me but i was struggling not to cry. 10 minute segment on iPlayer and I want to see more! Climbing also jaw dropping.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Diving could be a really high standard.

Bunnyhop

I couldn’t find out why Ethan Hayter was injured and replaced by Mark Stewart. Did EH not recover from the incident in the TS?

masterdabber
    Free Member

Dutch guy headbutts Ollie Wood off his bike in the Madison…  nothing seems to have been done about.  It looked totally deliberate…

wbo
    Free Member

Ooh that 800 was fast…

Tom-B
    Free Member

Hell of a run by Georgia Bell!

susepic

Not sure why likes once again not working. But yes Georgia Bell! Apparently has same coach as Keeley Hodgkinson. And it def looked like a deliberate headbutt from the Dutchman – I’m sure the Paris constabulary have a video evidence submission site

theotherjonv

The bit where the relay teams come out of the tunnel and have to do a little wacky dance or pose is so shit. Just like the icebreaker on the office training course. Just no, get on track, run fast.

And the Aussie B-girl

“Hey Cortana; can you show me Trump’s latest speech……but can you do it in the form of interpretative dance?”

(stolen from elsewhere)

theotherjonv

Jamaican girl didn’t injure, she just hit the Irish girl with her hand and dropped the baton

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.