Home Forums Chat Forum The one about the Olympic Games 2024

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,000 total)
  • The one about the Olympic Games 2024
  • nbt

What a finish in the men’s triathlon!

slowoldman

Women’s Quad Skulls

That last stroke was a winner!

nickjb
    Free Member

Thought GB were getting two silvers but two amazing finishes to grab golds.

onehundredthidiot

Alex Yee what a run. Everyone of those triathletes is thoroughly spent. Great bronze for Beth Potter.

frogstomp

Crazy BMX freestyle action!

nbt

Massive shouts of NOOOOOO in the NBT household as the BBC live feed flips to a basketball timeout in the middle of Keiran Reilly’s run

desperatebicycle

Anthony JeanJean’s run in the BMX just now, utterly ridiculous. I was literally laughing out loud (lol!)

nickjb
    Free Member

Jeanjean’s run was the best for me as pure entertainment but I guess it wasn’t that clean so gets marked down at this level. Some fantastic riding under huge pressure all round.

frogstomp

I’m flippin’ knackered now!

desperatebicycle

Keiran Reilly’s second run was awesome. Hope you caught it nbt! :D

nickjb

Jeanjean’s run was the best for me as pure entertainment but I guess it wasn’t that clean so gets marked down at this level

Yup – it was the recovery from the wobble and straight into the next huge trick. That’s entertainment!

nbt

Hope you caught it nbt! :D

Yeah cheers, they realised within a second or two and flipped back but it was a complete WTAF moment when it happened

Bunnyhop

Wow, just wow. The tricks have gone up a whole level since 2021. My heart was in my mouth.  Ed and Tim are great commentators, always entertaining and they absolutely love their sports.

Some nice camaraderie in these games so far.

johndoh
    Free Member

I can’t help but think that the scoring got stricter in that BMX final. Had Reilly done his second run in the first round, he’d have received a much higher score and possibly Gold. Ahh well, still a mammoth achievement.

nbt

I can’t help but think that the scoring got stricter in that BMX final.

Yes, I think they realised they’d gone too big on the Argentine rider’s score and got a bit stricter

DickBarton

I’m only really showing a wee bit interest in the Olympics, but from what I can lazily gather, Team GB seem to be doing a rather fine job so far…

dc1988

Kieran Reilly did really well but I thought his run wasn’t half as spectacular as a few of the others so I don’t feel aggrieved that he didn’t win. I don’t know how all the scoring works but Jeanjean’s run was way more spectacular in my opinion

Bunnyhop

It’s not just about the BMX tricks, but height and smoothness seemed to be a big part of the marking process.

mrhoppy

Jeanjean had a couple of sketchy landings at the beginning of his 2nd run, they were off huge hits which made it less obvious but that was also going to drop him points. With the crowd roaring him on it was certainly the most impressive run as an experience.

finbar
    Free Member

Has anyone found any coverage of the surfing on the BBC? I thought I’d found it on “Day 4: Extra: Afternoon” – it said surfing in the programme description, but there wasn’t actually any in the programme… :-(

ocrider

@finbar surfing last night was postponed yet again

fooman

Did anyone see the Mens 20km Twerk this morning? Sometimes known as Racewalking. Makes you wonder how folk get into it “You’re a promising runner, have you thought about going slower?”.

I still watched though.

finbar
    Free Member

Ah cheers @ocrider. I read the qualifiers were incredible, but I guess they just aren’t on the BBC. Hopefully the main event is.

nbt

@finbar full coverage is on discovery+ and they have an offer at the moment to subscribe for £3.99 per month. Mate of mine has subscribed purely to wach the golf, will cancel at the end of the olympics

zilog6128

Did anyone see the Mens 20km Twerk this morning? Sometimes known as Racewalking. Makes you wonder how folk get into it “You’re a promising runner, have you thought about going slower?”.

I have no doubt they can walk faster than I can run but it’s still the most ridiculous sport in the olympics! And that is saying a lot :)

ceepers

@finbar discovery plus is free with a lot of sky packages so check that, i didn’t realise i could get it free until recently.

Mens round 3 of surfing is really worth watching on replay if you can find it. Proper scary Teahupoo. The first two days and the rest of the forecast were/ are going to be more benign.

Word on the ground is that womens round 3 is on today, probably 6pm ish uk time.

I havent found it on the bbc at all and seems hard to find any highlights on youtube that aren’t country restricted. That said, apparently CBC in canada are streaming it free if you can use a vpn.

blackhat
    Free Member

I don’t care that the BBC has limited live access, but their coverage has been shambolic, whether it’s switching channels mid-contest, padding out when focusing on one venue or criminally short highlights of events; it’s as if the BBC is determined to let you know they are playing second fiddle.

sadmadalan

I don’t care that the BBC has limited live access, but their coverage has been shambolic, whether it’s switching channels mid-contest, padding out when focusing on one venue or criminally short highlights of events; it’s as if the BBC is determined to let you know they are playing second fiddle.

BBC  are always going to be wrong.  There is so much sport and so many of us want them to cover just our sport (I’m hockey) that they can never win.  Plus the fact that there our those who are not keen on sport and want ‘normal’ programmes.

scuttler

You can cancel Discovery+ five minutes after you bought it and it still runs for the month. It’s great flicking all the random stuff.

scuttler

I have no doubt they can walk faster than I can run but it’s still the most ridiculous sport in the olympics!

or horse dancin

househusband

Thought I was onto a winner by taking advantage of using a ‘free’ six-month subscription to Discovery+ from Vodafone* but it doesn’t include Olympics coverage.

Took out my own subscription at £3.99/month and will see how much I use it; worth it for the Olympics though.

* And now they’ve given me yet another reason to leave them when my contract expires in three months.

scuttler

In 4/5 nights of watching swimming I swear I haven’t seen Mark Foster’s actual eyes.

DougD

Beth Shriever absolutely flying in the BMX heats

silentgrunt

Amazing seeing Beth tear it up like that…

snotrag

Just came to share – the BMX racing has been great (and brutal at times!), and Beth is absolutely decimating the rest of the women – so so powerful out of the gate and incredibly smooth! Dominating!

snotrag

For everyone who is dabbling with Discovery – remember the XC and DH world champs are on at the end of August too!

theotherjonv

I’m not crying, it’s hay fever.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rowing/articles/cd1xvv0rwqqo

slowoldman

or horse dancin

Or BMX. Grown ups on kids bikes. Oh OK Beth Shriver is pretty amazing.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

BMX last night was great. The women’s is going to be close between Beth, Alise Willoughby and Sakakibara. Beth is so good on the second part of the first jump, she really pulls away there.

The men’s looks like a dust off between the 3 Frenchies, with Daudet, Mahieu and Andre within a 10th of a second or so of each other at 31.5 seconds. I think it’ll come down to who gets gate 1 in the final. Shame Kye Whyte looks like he’s missing some pop on the start.

johndoh
    Free Member

Gutted for the Men’s Pair in the rowing there – they led for about 1985m of that race!

kayak23

OK Beth Shriver is pretty amazing.

She’s absolutely rad! She’s in a different class.
    So down to earth too. Brilliant.

Interview STW?

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.